Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2005   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
@Buffalo- Loss
Pitt- Loss
@Cincy- Win
Tenn- Win
@Seatle- Loss
Indy- Loss
Cleveland- Win
@Jacksonville- Loss
@Indy- Loss
KC- Loss
ST.Louis- Loss
@Baltimore- Loss
@Tenn- Loss
Arizona- Win
Jacksonville- Loss
San Fran- Win

5-11 .
For whatever the reason I find it harder this year to even try venture a guess to what the Texans record might turnout to be. I've said all along 8-8 but looking at the schedule for this to happen would take some surprises along the way.

]@Buffalo- Loss
Pitt- Loss
@Cincy- Loss
Tenn- Win
@Seatle- Win
Indy- Loss
Cleveland- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
@Indy- Loss
KC- Win
ST.Louis- Loss
@Baltimore- Loss
@Tenn- Win
Arizona- Loss
Jacksonville- Win
San Fran- Win

= 8-8
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #42
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The first half of the season will be the real struggle. In a best scenario, I see them going .500 over the first 12 games. Then they blow through the last games. This gets them into the playoffs. They win their first playoff game ever just because they are riding a tide.

Worst case scenario: I could see the Texans going 5 wins because they totally reworked the Defense without answering the big offensive questions: the front five).
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #43
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

9-7

Can we meet in the playoffs? I hope so.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #44
tomslick
Rookie

I love the texans but from what I have seen they will be lucky to win 5 games this year. Heck I think that USC or Longhorns would win their fair share of games against this texans team. In my opinion play calls and managment will be responsible for most of their losses this year.

I calls um like I sees um.
tomslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #45
luckydog

After todays performance, the Texans will be lucky to see a 6-10 year. Capers and crew do not know how to adjust the game plan. The last time I saw anything blowing as hard as this coaching staff it was labeled Katrina.....
Old 09-11-2005   #46
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
a combination of their opponents and the texans current state of progress will yield a horrible start for the season... 3-9 after the first 12 games, however they will win at least 3 or 4 of their last 4 games, creating some hope for next year when they will make the playoffs.
today hasn't changed my opinion, neither will pittsburgh blowing us out next week

Go Texans
Old 09-11-2005   #47
Fldvldog
Veteran

I'm changing my predictions for the texans from 7-9 to 5-11.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2005   #48
Elite
Veteran

well after how stout of a team we showed we are i say we finish in the bottom of the pack. 1 and 16 i feel in my heart oh yes Matt LionHeart get ready to come to houston.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
today hasn't changed my opinion, neither will pittsburgh blowing us out next week

Go Texans

So how many points will the Steelers put up on them .....I doubt they will have to settle for field goals like the Bills did .

45-9 Steelers
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #50
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
So how many points will the Steelers put up on them .....I doubt they will have to settle for field goals like the Bills did .

45-9 Steelers
I'll go with Texans 10, Steelers 27
Old 09-13-2005   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
For whatever the reason I find it harder this year to even try venture a guess to what the Texans record might turnout to be. I've said all along 8-8 but looking at the schedule for this to happen would take some surprises along the way.

@Buffalo- Loss
Pitt- Loss
@Cincy- Loss
Tenn- Win
@Seattle- Win
Indy- Loss
Cleveland- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
@Indy- Loss
KC- Win
ST.Louis- Loss
@Baltimore- Loss
@Tenn- Win
Arizona- Loss
Jacksonville- Win
San Fran- Win

= 8-8
one down 15 to go

but to be honest both KC (we'll need this win after the Colts loss) & Jacksonville (looked better than last year) could very well end up as losses. that would take the Texans back two years, 2003 & 6-10.
Old 09-13-2005   #52
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

We can beat St. Louis.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #53
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
9-7

I hope not.
Old 09-13-2005   #54
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
I hope not.
I hope so. Just getting there would be great-I don't care who we face.
Old 09-13-2005   #55
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
I hope so. Just getting there would be great-I don't care who we face.
Exactly. I think it would be great to have my team, and the best opposing fan's team in the playoffs. At least it wouldn't be a rag fest like the festering Steelers/Dolphins/Jaguars/Patriots fans like to make it.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #56
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
The roster is set. The preseason games are over. Only some small changes (if any) will be made before we head to Buffalo. It's time to pull out your crystal ball and predict the future.

What win/loss record will the Texans end the season with?
4 wins, 12 losses.
And asking for 4 wins right now is pushing it...
Old 09-13-2005   #57
humbleone
Veteran

If McNair makes no coaching change, my prediction is 5 and 11 best case (Wins include 2 from Tenn., Cleavland, St. Louis and San Francisco) and frankly there is more likely that we could do worse than that by a game or two than better than that by a game or two IMO.

If he does pull the trigger by the bye week (which would surprise me), I see us winning 2-3 more (1-2 from the Jags, and both the Seattle and Chiefs come into a possible W category)

No playoffs this year for this team, that perception was a "mirage" and had no basis in reality IMO.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #58
GrandPa
Rookie

4 -12 but I am hard pressed to figure out which 4 teams we can beat...

This team is boring and predictable...
GrandPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover

]@Buffalo- Loss
Pitt- Loss
@Cincy- Loss
Tenn- Win
@Seatle- Win
Indy- Loss
Cleveland- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
@Indy- Loss
KC- Win
ST.Louis- Loss
@Baltimore- Loss
@Tenn- Win
Arizona- Loss
Jacksonville- Win
San Fran- Win

= 8-8
Texans fans don't give up the season just yet we are still actually on track per my pre-season prediction of a .500 season, we have a bye week then one more loss (@ Cincinnati) before we start winning. I know it looks bad right now but the reality is that this was expected at least to some degree & remember a loss is a loss if its by one point or 21 points. just a little silver lining to be taken with a grain of salt
Old 09-19-2005   #60
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
9-7

you may not make it either Bill's fan..do not rub it in your team was manhandled today ...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read