Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005   #21
ATX
Hall of Fame
 
ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 35
Posts: 9,563
Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress
WR's:

Johnson- 1142yds 6TD's
Gaffney- 632yds 2TD's
Bradford- 399yds 3TD's

Moulds- 1043yds 5 TD's
Evans- 843yds 9TD's

I think its pretty safe to say that however you pair them up, the Bills WR's are more productive..... Johnson is only better than Moulds because he's younger. Keep in mind that Lee Evans didn't play on a regular basis until week 5 last year as he was a rookie, he would have easily had 1000 yards and 10-12 TD's had he been a starter on opening day.
Those are last year's stats with a different QB. I thought Losman wasn't going to throw it much, isn't that what you said. Johnson isn't just better than moulds because he's younger, that's bad logic man. That would mean that Evans is better than Johnson because he's younger. Andre is a beast, He is better because simply he is better. Yards and TDs don't always show the whole picture. Don't let simple stats lead you to believe that your WRs are better than ours.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #22
WillisXPress
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 0 WillisXPress is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Those are last year's stats with a different QB. I thought Losman wasn't going to throw it much, isn't that what you said. Johnson isn't just better than moulds because he's younger, that's bad logic man. That would mean that Evans is better than Johnson because he's younger. Andre is a beast, He is better because simply he is better. Yards and TDs don't always show the whole picture. Don't let simple stats lead you to believe that your WRs are better than ours.
I'm not, I'm letting the fact that Moulds has been putting up Andre Johnson Numbers for years, and Evans came in as a rookie and was more productive than your number 2 and 3 guys combined.

We won't be throwing it much, but we will go deep 2-3 times to Evans, and he'll be open, unless you want to leave Moulds in single coverage which I don't recomend.

Andre johnson is a beast, but he has yet to establish himself as a top 5 reciever.
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #23
ATX
Hall of Fame
 
ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 35
Posts: 9,563
Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress
I'm not, I'm letting the fact that Moulds has been putting up Andre Johnson Numbers for years, and Evans came in as a rookie and was more productive than your number 2 and 3 guys combined.

We won't be throwing it much, but we will go deep 2-3 times to Evans, and he'll be open, unless you want to leave Moulds in single coverage which I don't recomend.

Andre johnson is a beast, but he has yet to establish himself as a top 5 reciever.

Davis is our number 2 receiver as of now. check out his stats. Enough with the psychic crystal ball stuff. So now, you're going to go deep to Evans 2-3 times and he will be open? You're looking at stats too much to determine realpotential. You can't catch the ball 100 times if you're only thrown the ball 50 times. Just because your receivers get thrown at more, doesn't mean they're better. We throw alot more to our running back than most teams do. You probably don't see that though if you're only looking at WR stats.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #24
WillisXPress
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 0 WillisXPress is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Davis is our number 2 receiver as of now. check out his stats. Enough with the psychic crystal ball stuff. So now, you're going to go deep to Evans 2-3 times and he will be open? You're looking at stats too much to determine realpotential. You can't catch the ball 100 times if you're only thrown the ball 50 times. Just because your receivers get thrown at more, doesn't mean they're better. We throw alot more to our running back than most teams do. You probably don't see that though if you're only looking at WR stats.

I know what I'm talking about, I know how this offense works, I know how football works....

davis was you're 3rd best WR last year.

Heres the deal... Moulds is a proven vet who demands double coverage, always has, did last year, is healthier and in better shape this year....

Evans was a stud in his rookie year, consistantly open, great hands.

Thrown at more? Moulds and Evans had maybe 10-15 more catches than Gaffney and Johnson, yet had 100 more yards and 6 more TD's....

Maybe I know what my team will do because I know more about my team? No crystal ball stuff, We will go deep to evans 2-3 times on Sunday, when you have a deep threat thats what you do... not that difficult. And he will be open, because he was open all last year, you can't single cover him and expect to stop him,...evans runs crisper routes than i've seen from a rookie...

Lee Evans will be a clone of Marvin Harrison in 1-2 years. Mark my words.
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #25
ATX
Hall of Fame
 
ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 35
Posts: 9,563
Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress
I know what I'm talking about, I know how this offense works, I know how football works....

davis was you're 3rd best WR last year.

Heres the deal... Moulds is a proven vet who demands double coverage, always has, did last year, is healthier and in better shape this year....

Evans was a stud in his rookie year, consistantly open, great hands.

Thrown at more? Moulds and Evans had maybe 10-15 more catches than Gaffney and Johnson, yet had 100 more yards and 6 more TD's....

Maybe I know what my team will do because I know more about my team? No crystal ball stuff, We will go deep to evans 2-3 times on Sunday, when you have a deep threat thats what you do... not that difficult. And he will be open, because he was open all last year, you can't single cover him and expect to stop him,...evans runs crisper routes than i've seen from a rookie...

Lee Evans will be a clone of Marvin Harrison in 1-2 years. Mark my words.
Wrong, Davis was our second best receiver last year. that's where you are wrong. 10-15 more catches and 100 more yards, sounds about right. 8-10 yards per catch. how does that show they are better? Alot of teams have a deep threat, Look at our Rookie Mathis 4.2 speed, fastest player out of the draft, is he not a deep threat? will we throw to him 2-3 times, i don't really know, i'm not psychic like you. So about Evans, did you go to every game last year? because it's hard if not impossible to see receivers run routes watching on TV. I think you're just saying that because someone on your message board said that or that's what you've read somewhere. Evans will never be anywhere near Harrison, dream on. oh wait, i forgot, you got a crystal ball.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #26
WillisXPress
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 0 WillisXPress is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Wrong, Davis was our second best receiver last year. that's where you are wrong. 10-15 more catches and 100 more yards, sounds about right. 8-10 yards per catch. how does that show they are better? Alot of teams have a deep threat, Look at our Rookie Mathis 4.2 speed, fastest player out of the draft, is he not a deep threat? will we throw to him 2-3 times, i don't really know, i'm not psychic like you. So about Evans, did you go to every game last year? because it's hard if not impossible to see receivers run routes watching on TV. I think you're just saying that because someone on your message board said that or that's what you've read somewhere. Evans will never be anywhere near Harrison, dream on. oh wait, i forgot, you got a crystal ball.

Umm... I have season tickets and watch every game. When they show replays of long TD's oTD passes in general they always show the coach cam shot, you watch the WR get off the line, you watch him run his routes...

Listen, just because you don't know anything about your team doesn't mean thats the case with everyone. Just because I know more than you shouldn't make you so angry, it should make you want to learn more....

Its not the yards (although Evans averages around 2.5 more YPC than anyone from Houston) its the TD's.....
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #27
ATX
Hall of Fame
 
ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 35
Posts: 9,563
Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress
Listen, just because you don't know anything about your team doesn't mean thats the case with everyone. Just because I know more than you shouldn't make you so angry, it should make you want to learn more....
You're a troll dude, I'm not mad that would eb pointless. I know alot about my team, where do you come off saying things like you know more than me. You know nothing about me except my post name and my age. you know more about Buffalo, but not about Houston. Get off your high horse.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2005   #28
LBC_Justin
All Pro
 
LBC_Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Age: 40
Posts: 805
Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default

Again this game boils down to play of JP Losman.

Who has never started a regular season game.
His regular season stats are... 5 Attempts, 3 completions, 0 TDs, 1 Int

Really hard to forecast how he or the Bills offense is going to do based on those last season stats.

I just hope no one sustains any major injuries.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #29
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,980
Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

i hate trolls.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,882
Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
IMO coaching will be the key in this game, with things like

1) Game Plan
2) Adjustments to game plan
3) Motivation
4) Ready to play/preparedness

Capers always has a gameplan ..... and he wont change it even if its NOT working . :brickwall
I think the Texans staff is the worst in the league at making adjustments .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #31
Texas
Hall of Fame
 
Texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Clear Lake
Age: 26
Posts: 1,030
Rep Power: 11 Texas is ridin' the pine
Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default

First...Evans may not have had a whole league of games to cover his stats but neither did gaffney or bradford. They switched out alot and we have another now who is all about speed (mathis)...
DD and W.M. are about even
Carr is more experienced and a little bit better
Our Secondary is better by a small margin.
I beleive our Linebackers are even
Yalls OL and DL are both better.

Texans I beleive will win this or lose this by a close margin
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #32
vtech9
Hall of Fame
 
vtech9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 1,055
Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
You're a troll dude, I'm not mad that would eb pointless. I know alot about my team, where do you come off saying things like you know more than me. You know nothing about me except my post name and my age. you know more about Buffalo, but not about Houston. Get off your high horse.
Dude, just from reading this thread, you are the one that is acting more like the troll. He isn't coming to our board and trashing anyone, he is saying what he believes and doing so in a calm and mature manner. Your bashing of him is more in the lines of what we call trolls. There are alot of us Texans fans that like to debate with fans of other teams like him.

Honestly, I was enjoying this thread until you started. I think your input has actually degraded this thread. Just my opinion.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #33
WillisXPress
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 0 WillisXPress is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
First...Evans may not have had a whole league of games to cover his stats but neither did gaffney or bradford. They switched out alot and we have another now who is all about speed (mathis)...
DD and W.M. are about even
Carr is more experienced and a little bit better Carr is alot better at this point, Losman is an unknown
Our Secondary is better by a small margin. Hard to believe, Milloy and vincent at Saftey, then Clements who is the best gut on either team
I beleive our Linebackers are evenDefinatly not, not even close, sorry.
Yalls OL and DL are both better. Who knows... Our OL might royally suck.

Texans I beleive will win this or lose this by a close margin
Thats what I think
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #34
#1 Bills Fan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 #1 Bills Fan is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
First...Evans may not have had a whole league of games to cover his stats but neither did gaffney or bradford. They switched out alot and we have another now who is all about speed (mathis)...
DD and W.M. are about even
Carr is more experienced and a little bit better
Our Secondary is better by a small margin.
I beleive our Linebackers are even
Yalls OL and DL are both better.

Texans I beleive will win this or lose this by a close margin
I don't really feel like debating this until the real football has begun, but please tell me you at least realize who the Bills have in their secondary. Nate Clements, Terrance McGee, Troy Vincent, and Lawyer Milloy. In your unbiased heart of hearts you feel Coleman, Earl, Buchanon, and Robinson are better?
#1 Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #35
run-david-run
Hall of Fame
 
run-david-run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The University of Texas
Age: 25
Posts: 3,370
Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress
Thats what I think
And Clemens is the best corner in the league based on? Robinson was a rookie, early in the year all quartebacks were throwing to him and staying away from Glenn's side. BY about midway through the season they were throwing to Glenn and staying away from Robinson. Because he was a rookie and teams planned to consitently attack him until they got burned ( 6 picks), there is no real way to determine how good Dunta really is. He might be the next great Deion ( there is always hope for Texan fans) or he might just be a a good corner. I think this season will tell a lot more about his potenatial than the last...
run-david-run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #36
tsip
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,277
Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Capers always has a gameplan ..... and he wont change it even if its NOT working . :brickwall
I think the Texans staff is the worst in the league at making adjustments .
...almost seems like Capers has the same game plan for every game,
or maybe has 2 or 3 that he alternates
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #37
#1 Bills Fan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 #1 Bills Fan is ridin' the pine
Default

Clements is the best corner in the league based on his own hype. Truth is he's not a true shut-down corner. He's a ballhawk who gets burned for a deep touchdown about as frequently as he jumps and out route and takes it to the house. What makes his value rise is the fact that he's been relatively durable and contributes on special teams.

But from a pure cover perspective, Clements is top 10 at best, not #1 by any means.
#1 Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #38
texasguy346
Mod Squad
 
texasguy346's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Deer Park, TX
Age: 31
Posts: 7,097
Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bills Fan
In your unbiased heart of hearts you feel Coleman, Earl, Buchanon, and Robinson are better?
Earl won't start the Buffalo game. A rookie, C.C. Brown, will start the game and he's been pretty good in the preseason. Earl has been slowed by a shoulder injury.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #39
tsip
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,277
Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Capers always has a gameplan ..... and he wont change it even if its NOT working . :brickwall
I think the Texans staff is the worst in the league at making adjustments .

...admitting he is wrong is not a Caper's strong point

Last edited by tsip; 09-06-2005 at 10:07 PM. Reason: change
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #40
#1 Bills Fan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 #1 Bills Fan is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Earl won't start the Buffalo game. A rookie, C.C. Brown, will start the game and he's been pretty good in the preseason. Earl has been slowed by a shoulder injury.
I know, but when healthy I assumed Earl would return to the starting lineup. The question still stands though. You'd take your secondary over the Bills? Again, I'm not debating, just looking for an unbiased answer and the reasoning behind it.
#1 Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger