Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2005   #1
WillisXPress
Rookie

Default How do the teams stack up?

How do you rate each position...?

QB: Texans, Carr has more experiance
WR: Bills, Andre Johnson is the best overall, Moulds and evans are the better tandem, by alot.
RB: Willis and DD are pretty equal, but that was based on last year when Willis was 85%
TE: Wash
OL: Bills, You have one of the few OL's that is worse than ours.

DL: Bills, Our D is nasty
LB: Bills, see above
DB: Bills, see above
ST: Bills, best in the league last year.
K: Houston, anyone is better than Lindell
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #2
SESupergenius

I'd have to agree with that, but what do you think about the coaching? That comes into play a lot.
Old 09-06-2005   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with most of that, but have some problems:
TE: I dont know who your TE is, but Im sure he's better than our extra OL Bruener
DB: Our DBs (Robinson, Bucchannon, and Coleman) are one of the best in the league. Plus i heard Clements is injured
ST: Wash. with all the speed we have on returns now, this could be close.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember our team had alot of INTs last year and are pretty stout throughout our depth.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah and don't forget you lost Pat Williams on the DL and Jonas Jennings on the OL.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #6
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I'd have to agree with that, but what do you think about the coaching? That comes into play a lot.
IMO coaching will be the key in this game, with things like

1) Game Plan
2) Adjustments to game plan
3) Motivation
4) Ready to play/preparedness

Whatever coach puts his players in the best posistion to use their strengths
will have a team victory. This means exploiting the Bills weaknesses while
featuring the Texans strength and vice versa for the Bills. Too, another
key is going to be playing the game for 60 minutes. The Texans need to
rattle Loseman from start to finish, be relentless-same for the Bills on Carr.
When a team gets into the red zone--early or late--it needs to score TDs,
something the Texans have been harping on since their existence.

Both teams ended last season on a bad note, with the Bills unable to beat
the Pittsburg subs for a playoff spot and the Texans unable to take it
to the next level (.500) against the worse team in the league, the Browns.
It will be a long day for whatever team carries that play over to this first
game but--on the other hand--it could be very interesting if both teams
come to play.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #7
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress

WR: Bills, Andre Johnson is the best overall, Moulds and evans are the better tandem, by alot.
RB: Willis and DD are pretty equal, but that was based on last year when Willis was 85%

I agree with most of your post. I would change the following.
TE: Bills....Texans are weak there.
DB: Not fimilar with your DBs but ours are Damn good. Any(or All) three could make the pro bowl this year.
ST: Wash......I know you guys are good but the Texans are STACKED at kick/punt return.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2005   #8
Cheroqui
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Remember our team had alot of INTs last year and are pretty stout throughout our depth.
True, and some forced fumbles with Antwan along with Dunta's work, but the only thing is what did we do with the ball afterwards? We can get 5 INT's and 3FF's but if you don't turn that into 3-7 after... :brickwall
Old 09-06-2005   #9
WillisXPress
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I agree with most of your post. I would change the following.
TE: Bills....Texans are weak there.
DB: Not fimilar with your DBs but ours are Damn good. Any(or All) three could make the pro bowl this year.
ST: Wash......I know you guys are good but the Texans are STACKED at kick/punt return.

I didn't know yours either... Mark Campbell is our #1, he's good but underused... Tim Euhus is out with injury.

Our DB's

CB-Nate Clements (got dinged up, he will play)
CB- Terrance McGee (Pro bowl returner, played well down the stretch last year, and in preseason)
SS- lawyer Milloy (fear hitter, good run support)
FS- Troy Vincent (his first full time year at safety, had the offseason to pick it up.
Old 09-06-2005   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Good lord. Buffalo must have some terrible TE's for it to be a wash.
Old 09-06-2005   #11
WillisXPress
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Good lord. Buffalo must have some terrible TE's for it to be a wash.

Not really, i just don't know much about you're guys, and our guys are just average... plus we have under used them in the past.
Old 09-06-2005   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Sep. 11 Houston
10 a.m. at Buffalo
Favorite BUF BUF
Point spread -4 -4
Total 39o/u 39o/u
Total money line -110 -110"
http://www.vegas.com/gaming/index.html
Line got the Bills favored by 4 1/2 at this time with an o/u of 39 - Sept 6
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #13
WillisXPress
Rookie

4 1/2, thats a close game.

The over under 39 1/2 is also attainable, but with us having a better D, and being at home on top of Losman playing conservativly I'd imagine that it will be under.... but who knows.
Old 09-06-2005   #14
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with some of your assessments, but you're off on some. Moulds and Evans are not better than Johnson and Gaffney or even Johnson and Bradford. Even if they are better, it's not by much, and definitely not alot. Our Oline isn't as bad as alot of people make it out to be. We're really good with run blocking, it has always been our pass blocking that has hurt us. As for RB, DD has been 85 percent the past 2 seasons and has gone over 1,00 yards there. His experience over Mcgahee is the difference.

I'd say your defense is better as a whole, but our seondary is better than yours. As for special teams, you just never know. Just because it was good last year, doesn't mean it will be good this year. It's called adjustment, Teams make adjustments to counter strengths, so don't expect them to be the same as last year. just a thought for you.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #15
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The over under 39 1/2 is also attainable, but with us having a better D, and being at home on top of Losman playing conservativly I'd imagine that it will be under.... but who knows.
How do you know JP will play conservatively? If Mcgahee can't get his running going, he's going to have to throw the ball. You can't just run Mcgahee on every play, you'll get crushed. Expect the Texans to put 8 men in the box and dare Losman to throw at them.
Old 09-06-2005   #16
WillisXPress
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
How do you know JP will play conservatively? If Mcgahee can't get his running going, he's going to have to throw the ball. You can't just run Mcgahee on every play, you'll get crushed. Expect the Texans to put 8 men in the box and dare Losman to throw at them.
Mcgahee had 8 in the box all last year too, do you think anyone feared Bledsoe?

Losman will play conservativly because thats the game plan... I don't expect alot of points in this game.
Old 09-06-2005   #17
WillisXPress
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
I agree with some of your assessments, but you're off on some. Moulds and Evans are not better than Johnson and Gaffney or even Johnson and Bradford. Even if they are better, it's not by much, and definitely not alot. Our Oline isn't as bad as alot of people make it out to be. We're really good with run blocking, it has always been our pass blocking that has hurt us. As for RB, DD has been 85 percent the past 2 seasons and has gone over 1,00 yards there. His experience over Mcgahee is the difference.

I'd say your defense is better as a whole, but our seondary is better than yours. As for special teams, you just never know. Just because it was good last year, doesn't mean it will be good this year. It's called adjustment, Teams make adjustments to counter strengths, so don't expect them to be the same as last year. just a thought for you.
WR's:

Johnson- 1142yds 6TD's
Gaffney- 632yds 2TD's
Bradford- 399yds 3TD's

Moulds- 1043yds 5 TD's
Evans- 843yds 9TD's

I think its pretty safe to say that however you pair them up, the Bills WR's are more productive..... Johnson is only better than Moulds because he's younger. Keep in mind that Lee Evans didn't play on a regular basis until week 5 last year as he was a rookie, he would have easily had 1000 yards and 10-12 TD's had he been a starter on opening day.

OL:
Very debatable.... I haven't been a fan of our OL much in years, but yours isn't much differant, I'll call it a wash.

DB's: Dunta is very good, hes not clements good yet. McGee is underrated as a corner, but Buchanon is over rated IMO.... Our safties have like 15 probowls between them or something like that. With Troy vincent at safety we have three guys who can man up a WR at all times.

Our special teams will be great again, they have been all preseasn, and we have Jason Peters as our secret weapon... he s a 300lb guy who runs a 4.8, hes a lead blocker and wedge buster... I dare anyone on your team to try and hold a block against a man that big moving that fast on a mission to injure.

Last edited by WillisXPress; 09-06-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2005   #18
jbinbny
Rookie

I think McGahee can catch the ball just fine. Matter of fact i wish they would throw it too him more often!
jbinbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #19
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

Forget all the matchups.

I think the deciding point in the Texans vs Bills game is going to be JP Loseman.

If you think the Texans are going to sit back and let Losman handoff the ball all game to your RB you are crazy. The Texans are going to be throwing in a mix of crazy blitzes and run stuffing plays untill the Losman can prove that he can step up and get it done in the air.

Look for this game to be either Losman's coming out party or the Bills fan's "Oh Crap, this is our starting QB?" party.

Any way you look at it the Bills are not the '04 Steelers and Losman will not have the same luxuries that Rothlisberger had.

good luck both teams and I hope there are no major injuries.

PS: this game could actually mean alot, it might be the Wildcard tie breaker.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #20
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mcgahee had 8 in the box all last year too, do you think anyone feared Bledsoe?

Losman will play conservativly because thats the game plan... I don't expect alot of points in this game.

They feared Bledsoe alot more than Losman i guarantee that. We fear Holcomb alot more than Losman, Holcomb has played like a hall of famer against us. I guess since you know the gameplan, we better tell the texans coaches to read your posts to get an insight. Man, you don't know the gameplan, it's all your opinions as of now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read