Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-05-2005   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default #2UT or #6Ohio State

The gaming is coming up this saturday and I beleive it will be a very very good game. However I beleive Ohio State wont be able to hold Vincent Young and the Texas offense therefore giving Texas the win 24-14
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #2
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

You will then be in for a rude awakening.

You think you have the corners to hold Holmes and Ginn to 14 points?
Old 09-05-2005   #3
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope this game has the makings of a classic. It is one of the best early season matchups in college football in years. Too early to call a winner but I will say this, Ohio State did themselves no favor by giving some bulletin board material to Texas. But it also helps more to talk trash when you play at home. Can't wait til Saturday.
Old 09-06-2005   #4
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

after both teams putting a beating on their week one opponent i'll give the edge to UT...overall they looked a lot more impressive to me...although you can make the arguement that the ragin cajuns were not up to par with ohio...obviously this is gonna be a hard hitting game...i look for it to be a close game with UT winning it in the 4th quarter...if and this might be a big IF UT wins i believe they'll win out...but if they lose i think they'll choke against OU and Tech this year and again no make it to the big XII championship
Old 09-06-2005   #5
WillisXPress
Rookie

Ohio State will win this game.

How you ask?

We have the team speed on the defensive side of the ball to flush and contain Vince Young, we have the best trio of linebackers in the nation, and our Db's can cover your WRs, not that it matters, Vince Young won't be getting good passes off.

OK, we beat Michigan handily last year at home. Texas barely beat Michgan in the rose bowl.

Texas lost Benson (top 5 NFL pick) and DJ, another first round pick... Ohio state lost.... nobody.

We are the more complete team, I see a good game, but when Ohio state keeps Young out of the endzone, making him rely on his arm to win, our D will make and inaccurate passes thier own.
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 29009 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Ohio !
Old 09-06-2005   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is hard to pick. I think UT is the better team but the game is being played in Ohio. I still give the edge to the Horns 27-24. The Texas faithful should hope however that the game does not come down to them kicking a field goal to win it.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2005   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohio St. -Home- -Ginn- -Holmes-

Texas -Away- -Has VY- -Nice stable of Backs-

To win, I think Texas will have to make this a high scoring affair. But this game has the looks of a Oklahoma, Texas game last year.

I want Texas to win, but if I had to put money on it, I would go with Ohio for one reason.

The Horseshoe.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #9
WillisXPress
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

To win, I think Texas will have to make this a high scoring affair. But this game has the looks of a Oklahoma, Texas game last year.

My thoughts exactly.
WillisXPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

UT takes it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe anyone will be able to contain Romance Taylor when he lines up wideout. Vince Young's decision making has improved. He didn't beat the Cajun's this past week though. It was the 3 RBs they have Charles, Young, Romance Taylor and TE Dave Thomas. This made for an extremely fresh running game in the mid of the 3rd and 4th quarter which is what I believe will help UT win. With that combination UT has been able to put forth more of a team effort rather than keeping the ball in only two guys hands unlike much of the previous two seasons.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Hook Em!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and read it as:

#2 UT or #60 Ohio

I was thinking "Man! Didn't Ohio State used to be good?"
Old 09-06-2005   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Ohio St. -Home- -Ginn- -Holmes-

Texas -Away- -Has VY- -Nice stable of Backs-

I want Texas to win, but if I had to put money on it, I would go with Ohio for one reason.

The Horseshoe.

UT has arguably the best offensive and defensive lines in the country .

Football games are won and lost in the trenches ....

UT by 14
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Am I the only one who saw this thread title and read it as:

#2 UT or #60 Ohio

I was thinking "Man! Didn't Ohio State used to be good?"
no, i did as well. thats what drew me too the thread.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is starting for Ohio State at QB?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Who is starting for Ohio State at QB?
No idea.

Go figure, the year the Longhorns can beat OU, they have to play Ohio State.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
You will then be in for a rude awakening.

You think you have the corners to hold Holmes and Ginn to 14 points?
Texas has one of the best secondaries in the country. Yes, we have the CBs to hold Holmes and Ginn to 14 points. Will they? Remains to be seen. But we have the talent to pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisXPress
Ohio State will win this game.

How you ask?

We have the team speed on the defensive side of the ball to flush and contain Vince Young, we have the best trio of linebackers in the nation, and our Db's can cover your WRs, not that it matters, Vince Young won't be getting good passes off.
I can see that happening.

Quote:
OK, we beat Michigan handily last year at home. Texas barely beat Michgan in the rose bowl.
Last year Oklahoma beat Texas A&M by just 7 points. They beat Texas by 12 points. So it would stand to reason that A&M would beat Texas, right? But they lost to Texas by 13 points.

How do you explain that?

Quote:
Texas lost Benson (top 5 NFL pick) and DJ, another first round pick... Ohio state lost.... nobody.
Dustin Fox - "Nobody"
Mike Nugent - "Nobody"
Simon Fraser - "Nobody"

It's funny that you list Cedric Benson and Derrick Johnson as the losses for Texas but you left out the biggest loss...Dusty Mangum.

Quote:
We are the more complete team, I see a good game, but when Ohio state keeps Young out of the endzone, making him rely on his arm to win, our D will make and inaccurate passes thier own.
I can see that happening as well.

Will Troy Smith be starting or is he still suspended? If he's starting, it's his first of the season. Any great defense can make a QB look incompetent at any given time. When it's your first start of the season, the odds of that happening increase.

If he's not starting, Justin Zwick doesn't concern me.

Still, I see Ohio State winning this one. John Cooper is long gone so the Buckeyes blowing games at home that they should win is unlikely. Combine our kicking woes and I think they win.

Ohio State - 24
Texas - 17

Hope I'm wrong.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #19
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohio St is ranked #4 now. Sounds like the makings of a great game. With USC's creampuff schedule, Texas can't afford to lose this game if they want to be in the hunt of a title.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #20
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

hook 'em baby!

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read