Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2005   #41
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Lets hope that Mathis can become that #2 reciever the Texans have been lacking ... Bradford has had 3 years to show he's that guy and has failed miserably ..... If not ..... I believe you are absolutely correct . Special teams may be their best source of points ....
mathis should. it sounds like he's been progressing well and he has unnatural speed.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005   #42
SESupergenius

Does Carr have enough time to look people off or throw deep corner routes? Theres a reason they are going to the quick timing patterns. And honestly that is going to be a mistake as well because when we run into teams the run the cover 2, they only have to rush 4 and drop back the rest into coverage. Sure David will have time in those quick patterned pass routes, but he will be throwing into tight coverage. They are adding more fuel to the fire if they are shortening up the field with quick timing routes.
Old 09-08-2005   #43
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Does Carr have enough time to look people off or throw deep corner routes? Theres a reason they are going to the quick timing patterns. And honestly that is going to be a mistake as well because when we run into teams the run the cover 2, they only have to rush 4 and drop back the rest into coverage. Sure David will have time in those quick patterned pass routes, but he will be throwing into tight coverage. They are adding more fuel to the fire if they are shortening up the field with quick timing routes.
I disagree with some of what you're saying. The Cover 2, by nature, does allow for underneath timing passing. Quick slants and shallow crosses are available- there just usually isn't much room for YAC. I think this move will be good if it is incorporated into the offense and doesn't become the offense. I still want to see 7 step drops. The advantage to the 3 and 5 step drops is it makes the position of the QB and the timing of the passes less predictable for the defense. And that would be a good thing!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005   #44
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
I disagree with some of what you're saying. The Cover 2, by nature, does allow for underneath timing passing. Quick slants and shallow crosses are available- there just usually isn't much room for YAC. I think this move will be good if it is incorporated into the offense and doesn't become the offense. I still want to see 7 step drops. The advantage to the 3 and 5 step drops is it makes the position of the QB and the timing of the passes less predictable for the defense. And that would be a good thing!
The way to beat the cover 2 is NOT by quick slants, its by stretching the field, use the TE and FB out of the backfield and play action pass It WILL become the offense because it already has BECOME the offense. Our line will not allow us to develop long plays. Carr has to fight pressure from only 4 guys rushing him, while 7 are out in the field covering 3 guys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read