Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default practice squad guys

so far none of the guys we just cut have been picked up...so who do ya'll see being on the 8-man practice squad
Old 09-04-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kenneth Pettway, Sloan Thomas, Chris McKenzie, Aaron Halterman, Frank Chamberlin, Zeke Moreno, Reggie Swinton, and Chad Beasly.

I dont know if Moreno and Swinton are eligible though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't think Moreno, Swinton, or Chamberlin qualify for the practice squad.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Guys who havent played more than 9 games are Eligible for the practice squad. With that said, Lord, Thomas, Pettway, McKenzie, Halterman, Symons, a DL, and a OL.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I don't think Moreno, Swinton, or Chamberlin qualify for the practice squad.
thanks, i did not know.
Old 09-04-2005   #6
William.carter
Veteran

Angry Sloan Thomas Didn't Make Practice Squad

I can't belive it. Is there something the Texans aren't telling us about him. Was his injury in the TB game that severe? I just can't imagine why they would want to let their top producer in the preseason go. Someone please explain this one to me.

Practice Squad
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

All i can say is ......
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2005   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Either he signed somewhere else or the injury he got was serious. Either way, Houston's holding out on us and I for one want to at least know why he didnt make the squad. He made some pretty amazing plays so its a mystery to me too.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #9
TexasAggie
Rookie

Question Morgan instead of Thomas??

Texans announce practice squad
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON The Houston Texans announce they have signed the following players to the practice squad:

RB Jason Anderson
TE Aaron Halterman
T Garrick Jones
FS Jammal Lord
DE Alfred Malone
CB Chris McKenzie
WR Donovan Morgan
LB Kenneth Pettway

Did not J Anderson get cut in the first round & A Matthews in th e last round?

Last edited by TexasAggie; 09-04-2005 at 06:17 PM.
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as I can tell, and KFFL is reporting, Thomas has not been picked up by anybody, yet?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #11
William.carter
Veteran

Dumping proven producers, holding on to losers like Bradford, and Hollings, not addressing key needs in the offseason, and thus far,no movement on any waiver wire prospects. I'm begining to lose faith in this team's front office. I can't imagine what they are thinking.
Old 09-04-2005   #12
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i would hardly call Thomas a proven producer, how many actual games in his career has he played in, how many career touchdowns does he have? the point is he isn't proven, and the Texans need to have a solid WR core, and most teams would take Bradford over Thomas at this point, Bradford might not even play much, as far as I am concerned, Mathis, Gaff, Armstrong are all ahead of him, and obviously AJ too, Thomas would even be further back, probably behind Swinton
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #13
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
i would hardly call Thomas a proven producer, how many actual games in his career has he played in, how many career touchdowns does he have? the point is he isn't proven, and the Texans need to have a solid WR core, and most teams would take Bradford over Thomas at this point, Bradford might not even play much, as far as I am concerned, Mathis, Gaff, Armstrong are all ahead of him, and obviously AJ too, Thomas would even be further back, probably behind Swinton
He was quite consistant in the preseason, on both deep and timing routes. He is a better possession receiver Bradford. All that aside though. why not sign him back to the practice squad again this year? He proved he deserved at least that much in my opinion. Swinton was more productive than Bradford too. Bradford is justa waste of a roster spot in my opinion. I know preseason isn't everything. But he didn't shot a single thing this preseason to change my opinion of him based on past performances.
Old 09-04-2005   #14
THEFUTURE
All Pro

ok well i just now read that swinton was cut, so there goes swinton in the equation. sloan made plays against 3rd string players, its not like he was going out every night they played, and having him go against charles woodson or champ bailey type players. thomas should be able to make a 3rd stringer look bad, most talent at the CB positions tend to drop off badly after most nicklebacks
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

We've just seen him in parts of a few preseason games, the Texans have been watching him practice including scrimmage in game type conditions for
a month or so in TC and that includes a lot of 2-a-days. They've seen many things about all their players that we average fans have not been privey to.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Judging by how Thomas felt.. (he wanted to play).. I wouldnt be surprised if he got invited to the Practice Squad and declined.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

maybe the texans did not like him.
Old 09-04-2005   #18
CyberTexan
Veteran

you guys are somthing else , yes we know it was preseason and he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers SO WHAT , thats what preseason is for to see who performs and who doesnt , theres no reason they shouldnt have made room for Thomas and to keep Hollings ? and Joppru a TE that hasnt seen a game yet . Defend the staff all you want to somthings not right
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I have seen good things and bad things from Sloan Thomas during the preseason. I have seen him make great catches, but I have also seen him give up on routes. From what I have seen from watching the games, Thomas just hasn't been consistant. Like nunusguy said, the Texans coaches have seen them in practice for the last few months, and we haven't. What the coaches reasons for cutting him and not signing him to the practice squad, we may never know. I will say that I am suprised that the Texans are only keeping 5 WR's and also that Hollings wasn't cut.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #20
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
you guys are somthing else , yes we know it was preseason and he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers SO WHAT , thats what preseason is for to see who performs and who doesnt , theres no reason they shouldnt have made room for Thomas and to keep Hollings ? and Joppru a TE that hasnt seen a game yet . Defend the staff all you want to somthings not right
Joppru does not count against the roster while he is on the pup list or IR.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read