Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-03-2005   #1
God of Wine

Default Who will be this years surprise team?

I chose Cincinnati. Now that Palmer has another year of experience and is surrounded by offensive weapons, all they need is a defensive effort to put them in the playoffs.

That being said the Texans could surprise some around the league. But that wouldn't be a surprise to me.

Who is your pick??

Last edited by God of Wine; 09-03-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2005   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have to say the Browns, they got alot of key additions
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with the Chiefs. I believe they upgraded on defense and their offense was very good anyway so that's my choice.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #4
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Cards look real good.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #5
Fldvldog
Veteran

There are a number of teams that will suprise the NFL this year...

Here are mine (In no particular order):

Arizona
Oakland
Jacksonville
Cincinatti
Dallas
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im gonna say Jacksonville ..... as much as I hate to admit it they are a much improved .

They had a very good defense last season and it should only get better .
A Solid running game with Fred Taylor as long as he can stay healthy .
Their O-line is pretty solid
Two very capable QB's in Byron Leftwich and David Garrard .
Those QB's have some good talent on the outside to work with in Jimmy Smith , Reggie Williams and first round draft choice Matt Jones . Jones is going to contribute in a big way .
And did I mention their defense ? .....in particular the front four .

As shown by the Dolts the past few season you can win in the regular season with a great offense and a poor defense . But when the play-offs roll around the game changes ..... Defense wins Champoinships . They may not win the division but i see them making the play-offs and being a force .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #7
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Dallas
Old 09-03-2005   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Chicago
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #9
Elite
Veteran

Dallas with out a doubt i see them making the playoffs unlike us with uor crappy offense thanks to c palmer.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #10
stephen1
Veteran

miami will win 8 games
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Cards are going to the playoffs.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #12
TexHorns
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Im gonna say Jacksonville ..... as much as I hate to admit it they are a much improved .

They had a very good defense last season and it should only get better .
A Solid running game with Fred Taylor as long as he can stay healthy .
Their O-line is pretty solid
Two very capable QB's in Byron Leftwich and David Garrard .
Those QB's have some good talent on the outside to work with in Jimmy Smith , Reggie Williams and first round draft choice Matt Jones . Jones is going to contribute in a big way .
And did I mention their defense ? .....in particular the front four .

As shown by the Dolts the past few season you can win in the regular season with a great offense and a poor defense . But when the play-offs roll around the game changes ..... Defense wins Champoinships . They may not win the division but i see them making the play-offs and being a force .
IMO they are not going to be able to win in this division so I would not pick them. My prediction is the most they can do in this division is 3-3
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #13
Buzz
Veteran

Arizona. I see them at about 9-7.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #14
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Dallas - Arizona -
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

panthers

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

cards
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
panthers
Who exactly is this supposed to surprise?
Old 09-05-2005   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Who exactly is this supposed to surprise?
quite a lot of people. They were a sub .500 team last year.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 09-05-2005   #19
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Arizona, but is that really a surprise since a lot of people think they can win that division???

My AFC pick is the Bills, but that really isnt a surprise either if they make it...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Only because of injuries. They are regarded as one of the best teams in the NFC. I have them on my Super Bowl list of favs as they won 6 of their last 8 games.
Ok, then I surprised yall by picking Carolina as my surprise pick.
So if I surprised yall with that pick, wouldnt it qualify as a surprise pick?!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read