Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2005   #61
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Give me a break, look at the kind of money they are paying Carr. Either he learns how to play in the NFL or he will be like Tim Couch. 5.5 Million a year please look at the Salary Cap info for the Texans, he's #1 so he should play like number one, or put Ragone up there with the first string line and offense and see who does better, this is Carr's last year they have the option of letting him go, he is the only QB in the NFL they talk more about his hair than his arm. I am a huge Texans fan till the day I die, but if Carr is not the one for this team then we need to move on and stop forcing the facts that he is the best thing that ever happend to the Texans, we need to move on, if he does not produce this year, 4 years in the leauge this is make or break year for Joey and Carr both top two pick of 02. So lets hope he pans out, if not stop crying, there are other QB's out there, look at Michael Vicks little brother, he enough to make defense's sick over. Bottom line is when you pay Carr this kind of money Mcnair wants to see what he is paying for, and also should we as ticket paying fans, so if Carr is not the one to lead us to a Super Bowl then we need to move on period. One good year at Fresno does not make him a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady he has to earn that.

Well said but the fans are still gonna blame the O-line but we know the texasn got shafted there first year in they had to take carr or they could of taken peppers.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #62
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Hey, it's always gr8 to discuss football with a lover of logic. Spidey's pretty cool. Never much into comic books myself, but I was a huge Star Trek fan. Spock was my favorite, because he was logical. Kirk was a hothead. He couldn't have captained the Galileo without Spock holding his hand. Some liked Scottie, maybe they thought he was tough. Spock could have taken him out in less than a second. Bones? Nobody likes that wimp.

What does Star Trek have to do with the Texans? Like Spiderman, nothing that I can tell. But, I did come across some info that defies logic.

Texans 2002 preseason record - (1-4 .200)
Texans 2003 preseason record - (0-4 .000)
Texans 2004 preseason record - (1-3 .250)
Texans 2005 preseason record - (1-3 .250)

Texans 2002 regular season record - (4-12 .250)
Texans 2003 regular season record - (5-11 .313)
Texans 2004 regular season record - (7-9 .438)
Texans 2004 regular season record - ???

The Texans have never really improved on their preseason record from their expansion season. Yet, their regular season record has improved every year. How can this be? But there's more! Every year, the Texans have a higher winning % in the regular season than in preseason. Stupefying...if you think about it logically. Maybe you're on to something with those Spiderman suits.

"Fascinating" <raises eyebrow>
Old 09-06-2005   #63
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

There are two separate issues in regards to Carr that seem to be getting confused.

1. Concerns over his horrible preseason performance.

2. Complaints regarding his performance and development over his first three seasons.

I can certainly relate to #1. Particularly the Tampa game has really got me concerned about the team's direction and the ability for the offense to continue to progress the way it has the past two years.

However, it is silly to suggest that Carr's performance has been poor or that he has failed to development at an appropriate pace. He has been ahead of the curve. The wheels came off of the passing game in the middle of the season but let's not forget his performance, particularly in the second half, in games in KC, against Minnesota, Oakland, etc... And, let's also not forget how good he was in the 4th quarter of games last year.

IMO, Carr is open to a mountain of criticism for his play in the Tampa game. However, what happened in that preseason game, has nothing to do with his accomplishments over the past three seasons and it would be good for fans to not let that game cloud everything else that has happened before it.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #64
jbinbny
Rookie

Default Carr reminds me of Rob Johnson

Does David Carr resemble Rob Johson? Hmmm some striking similarities in their careers.
jbinbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #65
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbny
Does David Carr resemble Rob Johson? Hmmm some striking similarities in their careers.
Fortunately, I don't agree. Otherwise, I'd be on suicide watch right now!
Old 09-06-2005   #66
jbinbny
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Fortunately, I don't agree. Otherwise, I'd be on suicide watch right now!

hahahahahahaha....yeah I suppose you would at that!
Old 09-06-2005   #67
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, Vinny, for saying you'd be happy to receive vulgar PMs if I wanted to forward the one I received.

No need for me to do send it to you...I sent him back a bigger fireball than the one he sent me. He sent me another one, and I flamed it back at him again. I've learned that bullies go away when you fight back. So I did, and now he doesn't bother me anymore.

But I will remember your offer, and next time...if it happens to me again...I'll play nice and handle it the preferred way that you'd mentioned.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2005   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Thanks, Vinny, for saying you'd be happy to receive vulgar PMs if I wanted to forward the one I received.

No need for me to do send it to you...I sent him back a bigger fireball than the one he sent me. He sent me another one, and I flamed it back at him again. I've learned that bullies go away when you fight back. So I did, and now he doesn't bother me anymore.

But I will remember your offer, and next time...if it happens to me again...I'll play nice and handle it the preferred way that you'd mentioned.
Actually you are breaking the rules when you fight back like that. You can be banned as well. We will turn off the PM's if they are abused. Just forward them to me as you described at the bottom of your post and you are good to go.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #69
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
There are two separate issues in regards to Carr that seem to be getting confused.

1. Concerns over his horrible preseason performance.

2. Complaints regarding his performance and development over his first three seasons.

I can certainly relate to #1. Particularly the Tampa game has really got me concerned about the team's direction and the ability for the offense to continue to progress the way it has the past two years.

However, it is silly to suggest that Carr's performance has been poor or that he has failed to development at an appropriate pace. He has been ahead of the curve. The wheels came off of the passing game in the middle of the season but let's not forget his performance, particularly in the second half, in games in KC, against Minnesota, Oakland, etc... And, let's also not forget how good he was in the 4th quarter of games last year.

IMO, Carr is open to a mountain of criticism for his play in the Tampa game. However, what happened in that preseason game, has nothing to do with his accomplishments over the past three seasons and it would be good for fans to not let that game cloud everything else that has happened before it.
I'm not sure why but you along with many others seemed to have forgotten
that our pass offense was no where to be found the last half of '04, which
means the concern goes well beyond the preseason games. Our offense
has not scored many points over a longer period of time than you have
addressed. And, I wouldn't even bring it up if there were not so many posts
about how the preseason doesn't count, just the season. OK, I'll be
quiet now so you can give the excuses for the 2nd half of '04. Too, not
very many if any teams make the playoffs when they only have good stats
for half the season.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #70
jbinbny
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanPride#1
You guys aren't fans. Bashing the starting QB. When he starts playing good you all will say I new he could do it. But for now old oiler sorry beep beep fans get a life. Treat the team and players with respect!

Why is it that certain people accuse others of not being fans if they dare to have the audacity to criticize the starting QB, or coach or K or whoever is on the team. They are made out to be traitors!!!

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan and let me say I dont check my objectivity at the door before posting on the Bill's board. If they suck, I say it.

And if they dont, I say that to.

But we have the same kind on our board as ol Tex here.
Old 09-06-2005   #71
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
I'm not sure why but you along with many others seemed to have forgotten
that our pass offense was no where to be found the last half of '04, which
means the concern goes well beyond the preseason games. Our offense
has not scored many points over a longer period of time than you have
addressed. And, I wouldn't even bring it up if there were not so many posts
about how the preseason doesn't count, just the season. OK, I'll be
quiet now so you can give the excuses for the 2nd half of '04. Too, not
very many if any teams make the playoffs when they only have good stats
for half the season.

Carr was better in '04 than in '03. I know the pass offense struggled in the second half. It may have had something to do with the fact that defenses realized they could sit back in Cover 2, rush 4, and put a lot of pressure on Carr. The point I made is that Carr and the offense has improved each year. Last season was much better on offense than '03. That's a fact. And, Carr was much improved as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read