Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2005   #21
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Id really like to know what coaches daughter Corey Bradford is dating.

Im sorry but WHAT has this guy done? He has been on our team since 2002 and not ONCE has he been an integral part of our offense. If we need SPEED.. then throw Mathis out there and tell him to go deep.

ugh.. Thomas should have made the team. Maybe the coaches just feel that having what is essentially two rookies at WR..is just too risky. But dang it..

I dunno.. maybe its just because Sloan Thomas = Derrick Armstrong = Jabar Gaffney. Maybe you can only use so many "quick" receivers with good hands.
Hollings must be dating the other daughter.
Old 09-03-2005   #22
3960AD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
so Chris McKenzie got released, that sucks I was hoping he would make it
Yeah it does. He got hurt...after game 1. Was still in a tight spot against Bell. Good thing is that he'll be on practice squad. Shows that the coaches are willing to see him heal and potentially make the active squad if needed.
3960AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #23
TexanPride#1
Rookie

Default Roster Cuts................

Get rid of bradford. Keep gaff mathis sloan swinton armstrong and of course AJ. Keep 2 TE bruener and murphy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TexanPride#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #24
WILLIEG
Veteran

I can't believe that Thomas and Swinton didn't make the team with all that they showed in their abilities to be play makers and what in the **** were Capers and others thinking to keep Bradford. That guy is horrible at running routes and even catching the ball. What's really going on here? I Love the Texans but I don't honestly believe that Thomas and Swinton deserved to be cut in my opinion. Someone should be fired for a lack of evaluating good talent when it's right in front of their eyes.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #25
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I'm bummed. I opened this thread thinking there was an official announcement.
Old 09-03-2005   #26
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody know what happened to kevin kasper?
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #27
Houston_Fan4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanPride#1
Get rid of Bradford and Murphy. Keep Gaff, Mathis, Sloan, Swinton, Armstrong and of course AJ. Keep 2 TE Bruener and M. Rivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know why the Texans need cut Sloan Thomas and Reggie Swinton....That soooo stupied cuts

That True....Texans should do because they need cut Corey Bradford and Matt Murphy cause Bradford on preseason...he cant catch the ball and Matt Murphy not good on preseason and both of them dont improve on preseason.......Sloan Thomas and Reggie Swinton.....they make improve that they should make on teams rosters......Sloan Thomas and Reggie Swinton has a good preseason and they got speeding..........
Houston_Fan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2005   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Does anybody know what happened to kevin kasper?
Kasper was cut in the first round of cuts about a week ago.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #29
DefLord
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to DefLord
Default Nooo... Sloan and Swinton expected to be cut...

I think this is wrong... Bradford should be CUT... He hasn't proved us anything while Swinton has been EXCELLENT in special teams and proved himself as a receiver along with Sloan. I am really disappointed here.
Besides the fact is that Swinton and Sloan are BOTH younger than Bradford it would have given us a younger corps.

Well Hope they know what they are doing!

================================================== ========
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3337862

Quote:
Loaded at WR, Texans forced to cut two at deadline
By JOHN MCCLAIN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

When the Texans identify the 22 players they have placed on waivers today, it should be obvious that the toughest cuts came at wide receiver.

Reggie Swinton and Sloan Thomas who led the Texans in scoring and receiving in preseason, respectively are expected to be cut as the roster is reduced to 53 names.
Old 09-03-2005   #30
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope this isn't the true list. But, if it is, I too, agree that Bradford should be cut. Thomas definitely showed that he can play in this league. He's younger, has speed, size, good hands, & he's cheaper than Bradford. Keeping Thomas over Bradford would save us about $660,000 this year. Look for Dallas to snatch up Thomas.

I'd been thinking that Swinton might not make the roster, even with that great return he made. With PB & Mathis able to fill the role & being better/potentially better at their regular positions, it just makes sense.

I'm hoping & praying that McKenzie makes it to our Taxi Squad. Prior to his injury, he was making plays & looking like the steal of this year's college crop. Imo, if McKenzie hadn't gotten injured, he would've beaten out Bell. Bell might be a good special teams player, but he's a liability on coverage. I pray for the day when we can release him.

Chamberlin is also another player that I'm surprised to see on this list. He was making plays all over the field & I felt he was better than Polk. But, that's just my opinion.

The one player that I feel needs to be cut (other than Bradford), is Banks. I feel that Ragone more than showed he's ready to step up to the next level. With Rohan Davey coming in for a tryout, he'd give us a nice nucleous of young talent at the QB position & we'd be able to save about $850,000, less what it would take to sign Davey.

One last thought. I'm also surprised to see Jason Davis (DL) on this list. I've heard CC rave about how much progress Davis has made this year on several occasions & just assumed that he would make the roster. Maybe, CC was building him up & trying to shop him around for a draft pick.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #31
TexasAggie
Rookie

www.houstonprofootball.com has the same list posted.
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #32
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Say it isn't so...

I wonder if this is just speculation by McClain or if he's actually got the inside information. Hollings, Sanders, Bradford and Banks should have all been cut.

To cut the only 2 players to show anything the entire preseason makes no sense.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #33
Scottyboy
Veteran

Red face

I agree, but I think our coaching staff is Mentaly Retarded!

Last edited by Scottyboy; 09-03-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #34
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

i havent heard anything yet but the texans still have them on their roster on the website i like everybody hope this isnt true cuz i will be reaaaaaally dissapointed in the coaching staff when they should have released bradford and hollings
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #35
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

The offical depth chart no longer shows Thomas or Swinton, but is still show Rivers. It is also shows just 53 players. I wanna know what the staff sees in Hollings and Bradford.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #36
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
The offical depth chart no longer shows Thomas or Swinton, but is still show Rivers. It is also shows just 53 players. I wanna know what the staff sees in Hollings and Bradford.
rivers and bradford werent going to get cut. i think for me that was pretty much a given even though everyone on the boards thinks bradford needs to go.

hollings on the other hand has no value to us at all
Old 09-03-2005   #37
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Good catch Hoth, I guess it's official.

This organization never ceases to amaze me.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured Hollings would make it because he is in most of the special teams packages. He has an NFL body and has great speed. He may not be a great feature back at this point in his career but he has value to the roster as the teams 3rd halfback. He will have plenty of special teams snaps to cover his roster spot.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #39
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like John Boy knew what he was talking about by the roster and depth chart. Surprised @ 11 OLman (unless I can't count) as the thing not seen mentioned.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #40
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Well I can honestly say, this is the first time I'm real disappointed in the Texans GM and Coaching Staff. To me it looks like they want to stay right where they are at. Let us just keep the same old players who haven't done anything for us before. And it isn't just at WR, try the D-line also. Bradford has been on the Team for 3 years and in the league a few before that. And he isn't getting any better, at least with Thomas (I know an unproven risk) but I think he is already as good as Braford, and he has the chance to improve with more playing time (we will see this on the team that signs him).

D-line (I know we drafted TJ) still has the same stiffs of Ioane and Deloach who haven't given us a pass rush in the years they have been here, so lets keep them. Boy that makes since to me. J. Davis and A. Malone were both very active on the line during the preseason, let them get a chance, can't be any worse than the back-ups we have.

And Hollings (they other teams best player), who should be the new Fumbleman for the Justice League on the ExtemeSkins.com cartoons. Like someone else posted either he is dating someone's daugther or the Texans officals don't want to admit they made a mistake by using a second round pick on him.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read