Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2005   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Angry Please Cut Cory Bradfords

He sucks and hasn't done anything to secure #2 position in preseason. Runs crappy routes (not good in new offense), and only makes the occassional catch. Jerome could take his role. CB will be cut.

This offense will SUCK
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #2
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Corey Bradford's what? Cut bradford's leg?
Old 09-02-2005   #3
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Corey Bradford's what? Cut bradford's leg?
that will work too..
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

normally i dont like saying "cut this guy" but here i have to agree. jerome could fill the number 2 spot much better.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

With the way Gaffney played last night he could go to #2, Armstrong to #3, Mathis #4, and Thomas #5.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #6
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
With the way Gaffney played last night he could go to #2, Armstrong to #3, Mathis #4, and Thomas #5.
Then we can cut Bradfords legs..
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i forgot about armstrong and gaffney...
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2005   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Our only hope right now. The one thing I say to myself all day is that Carr has not played with Gaffney in the game and yesterday he was without both him and Davis. That is all I keep saying.
Old 09-02-2005   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I think Morency has done better than Davis in Preseason, not that Morency's ready for #1 or anything. Maybe it's just because I haven't seen Davis as much, but I don't think having Davis in there would have helped Carr and the receivers--then again, there's the dump-offs as apposed to interceptions.

As far as Bradford goes, I don't want to see him as #2. I would like to see Gaffney as #2 (I think) and I definitely want to keep Mathis (future #2), Thomas (#2 right now?), and Swinton. I guess that leaves Armstrong and Bradford.

AJ
Gaffney
Thomas
Mathis
Swinton
Armstrong or Bradford?

Last edited by HJam72; 09-02-2005 at 02:49 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Oh the Gaff love comes out. What a shock. This is the same board that trashes Gaff constantly. This is what Gaff has always been able to do, but he never see 5 balls in a game. Those go to Davis. Give Gaff the ball.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #11
Long Baller
Rookie

I don't see him going all the way from #2 to being waived, but I do agree that he should be the one to go. I was disappointed when they resigned him because I think he has some of the worst hands in the NFL.

I like Armstrong and Thomas way better than him.
Old 09-02-2005   #12
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Armstrong showed me he deserves a spot with that end-zone catch. swinton has only shown promise in the return game but we already have other people that can do it just as well. i say bradford and swinton go, keep every one else.
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Oh the Gaff love comes out. What a shock. This is the same board that trashes Gaff constantly. This is what Gaff has always been able to do, but he never see 5 balls in a game. Those go to Davis. Give Gaff the ball.
I, myself, don't remember ever trashing any of the receivers and I'm not even sure about Gaffney being that high up, but I'd go with it for now, even though Sloan Thomas really impressed me yesterday.

If you say Gaffney's that good, then I'm a little more sure about it now.
Old 09-02-2005   #14
tacoman_j
Veteran

Angry The Reason

that CB should be cut is that he is not going to be good in this particular offense. He and Carr are not yet comfortable with each other as evidenced by the INT's in the preseason, and the various miscommunications between CB and DC.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

the only thing ive ever bashed jabar gaffney for (and check my post history) is being a gator. i think that alone is worth being cut for, but thats just seminole pride talking

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman_j
that CB should be cut is that he is not going to be good in this particular offense. He and Carr are not yet comfortable with each other as evidenced by the INT's in the preseason, and the various miscommunications between CB and DC.
It looked to me like Carr was a little too comfortable with the CornerBacks. They catch everything he throws at them.
Old 09-02-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be suprised to see Bradford get cut. Really I think we resigned him because we didn't know what kind of depth we have. Now that we saw Mathis make some good plays and Sloan makes some good plays, Bradford may be dispensable cuz really letting go of Bradford is like letting go a guy with Sloan Thomas' skills that will never get better. Sloan is going to get better.
Old 09-02-2005   #18
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I beleive the WR List goes a little something like this - AJ,Gaffney,Thomas,Mathis,Swinton,Armstrong,Bradwho re

So its unanimous - CUT BRADFORD
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

bradford has to go. put Mathis, Thomas or Gaff there.
Old 09-02-2005   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

It looks like we're all in agreement about something for a change.

No more Bradford at #2.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read