Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2005   #21
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The 33 year old troll is still here? ROFL
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #22
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I don't see the problem with some of us Texans fans having our opinion and voicing it. Not everyone is going to agree about player's performances every day of every week. If we believe that Carr needs a good kick in the rear end and should get a game on the bench in place of Ragone, then so be it. If it makes him see that he is performing about as quality-wise as that QB they have in Baltimore...what's his name... ummm..hang on .. Bouler, or is it Bowler...oh no wait that Kylie Boller, then maybe David will get his rear off the bench and doing what it should be doing.

P.S. I'll apply that theory to any member of the O or D for that matter, I'm far from a Carr-basher btw...
Old 09-02-2005   #23
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All you people bagging on Carr...have any of you been hit and landed on by 250lb, well conditioned, strong man 140 times? Has anyone ever had to throw a ball really hard, accurately, and someone in your face, with no one protecting you?
You pay me $8 million for a year, I'll let you kick me in the crotch 100 times a day for a year...

Quote:
Now look...Ragone is good, but he's not great. I hear people saying he should start ahead of Carr, how wonderful he is running the offense, how great he played in NFL-Europe. I want to take you people aside and beat you:

1) If Ragone was a better QB than Carr...why wasn't he drafted in the 1st round and starting for another team.
2) You know what, Ragone is running the offense good. A 2-3 string QB is running the offense good against 2-3 stringer "D". But just curious everybody...how did Ragone run our offense during the season when he HAD to...that's right *****s.
The 2 games Ragone started were his rookie season and he was behind the same O line you say is so horrible...And you say Ragone is playing against lesser defenses, he is also out on the field without AJ and DD and playing with a rookie RB. Look at what Carr has done with AJ and DD and look at what Ragone has done without them...All I am saying is if this Carr's poor performance continues into the beginning of the season Ragone should at least get a chance. Carr is making top tier QB money and he has not even given an average QB performance yet this preseason...Just because he was a high pick and makes tons of money doesn't mean the job is just his automatically anymore, we are no longer an expansion team...Either way if Carr comes out and puts up Manning like numbers or if he comes out and looks like Ryan Leaf I still support him, but the coaches and front office need to do what is best to help the team win...
Old 09-02-2005   #24
Derek
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Derek Send a message via Yahoo to Derek

Although you want your team to win, if you lose the game who cares, no matter how bad your 1st string offense was. Titans went 1-3 but I still see them having a good year.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #25
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr doesn't have to prove anything in preseason. He will force an ill-advised pass during preseason. I don't have a problem with that. The starters do not go all out in preseason games and you will see a difference in the REAL season.

Remember, we start with Buffalo and Pittsburg, so losing one or two of those games is NOT the end of the world. Winning one would be great.
Old 09-02-2005   #26
touttail
All Pro

My comment in another post was, look at Drew Brees two years ago, he sucked. Now look at what he did last year.
Carr will come around, I think he is shell shocked from the sacks and blitzes from the past years. He needs a confidence booster.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
What do you all really expect, we've havn't fixed our O-line problems, we didn't add a solid #2 reciever, we didn't address the TE position, we drafted DD II as a backup (no starters from rounds 1 and 3), we let go the heart and soul of our defense in Sharper and Glenn( our best linebacker and cornerback), we've got 3 our of our 4 linebackers that didn't play at their positions playing there now, we traded down our #1 pick and bypassed a hugely popular LB in DJ to get a backup Lineman in TJ, we traded for a CB that was the #2 cornerback for his previous team and we inserted him as our #1, we didn't resign our best nickel back in Wright, we get Greenwood to increase pressure on the QB who only has 3 CAREER sacks, we didn't get any quality free agent linebackers (Bell, Hartwell) ,we let a good safety go in McCree and insert a 4th round project to take the spot from another untested late rounder in Earl.

Yep, I can see why people are saying we are going to have a great season. :brickwall

You took the words right outa my mouth ..... BTW , the project at safety is a 6th rounder not a 4th ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Oh please Roy, you're only fooling yourself if you think your team is any better.
Unfortunately the Cowboys are probably a win better than the Texans at this point ..... It really pains me to say that
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2005   #28
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always been a fan of Carr. Reminds me of a combination of Elway and Farve.I don't know if his head is in the wrong spot or if it's the new plays, because it looks like the timing was off for the receivers/QB and vice versa. He is the toughest QB besides Farve that I have seen in a long time. At this point it's all mental. We have the talent to make it to the playoffs. Either we are going to royally suck this season or be the suprise team of the season....i.e. last years Chargers.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #29
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Although you want your team to win, if you lose the game who cares, no matter how bad your 1st string offense was. Titans went 1-3 but I still see them having a good year.
hopefully the texans will beat bud the crud adams at least once this year... we'll never forget ya bud
Old 09-02-2005   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
And you know what...I have Carr on my fantasy team, and I'm going to start him all season.
Carr went D. Carr 1/5 for 4 yards and TWO INT's in the first quarter , Numbers like that are gonna kill your fantasy team .

He cant play that bad again .... Can he ? :brickwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
hopefully the texans will beat bud the crud adams at least once this year... we'll never forget ya bud

Good GOD i hope they can beat the Titanics at least once this season , I would HATE to have to deal with all the Titanic TROLLS bragging they swept the Texans .... that would make for one LONG off-season

Last edited by Corrosion; 09-02-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2005   #31
The Preacher
Veteran

Because I'm sure once the season starts and this downward progress continues Bob Mcnair will get tired of watching his money run around the field. Week 4 of the preseason you should start to see some type of gel in the first string offense, like in the Raider's game now a downward progression, I'm sure you would agree.

4-12 How is this downward progress. I guess the Colts should be panicked
5-11 because they're 0-4. Chiefs are 0-3 they're in trouble too.
7-9 Week 4 most starters around the league don't even play. Philly got blown out at home last night. What does that say? Carr looked sharp the first two preseason games(one series each) so how are some fluky int's in the last two games a sign of what's to come. I'm sure all the naysayers think I have some serious homer blinders on and that's just great. The Texans are on the verge of being a playoff team, the future is very bright and positive progress is being made, period. It's rare a team like the Chargers can go from worst to first but look at the talent they have. For those of you who see nothing but black please tell me the next time you decide to wholesale sell your stock portfolios.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #32
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Ive been one of the few to defend Carr lately but there is no way to defend his performance over the past two games .... pre-season or not he has stunk it up . I for one hope he gets it together in a hurry
There is no need to defend his performance. He had a couple of bad games and that's the bottom line. Which is unexpected and unfortunate at this stage in the preseason, but I have to say that he had help. Timing routes don't work if the receiver doesn't complete the route but the corner does. Last night's poor performance wasn't Carr's alone. He isn't innocent but he couldn't have stunk it up like that alone.

And for the record, I'm still a Carr fan and supporter. He will turn it around. That's what leaders do.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #33
Doug
All Pro

Personally, this whole thread is crazy. Just because you criticize your team or team members doesn't make you a basher or a bandwagon jumper. If anything I think it makes you more of a fan. If my best friend is doing something wrong, I'm going to tell him how he's mucking up because I care about him and want him to excel in what he's doing. How I go about presenting it is based on my personality. It's not always going to jive with the way other people would handle it. I've been the first to act like everythinig is going to be okay even though our team was stinking it up and I'd have several reasons for why things didn't turn out so well. You know there comes a time when you have to look at things realistically and know what good things and bad things are going on with your team from an unbiased stand point. That to me makes you a real fan (Not always looking at the positives but taking into consideration the negatives and being able to discuss the negatives without trying to make it into a positive). The one thing I, as a fan, would like to comment on is the playing of David Carr (I'm well aware he's not the only one stinking it up but it almost always starts with the quarterback). His play is horrible. He's not going through his progressions, and his aim has alot to be desired. I firmly believe that until someone is pushing him for the starting quarterback role we will never see what David Carr is fully capable of. I guarantee to you that if he was aware that the starting role is for the taking and not his alone, you would see a huge fire under his rear and he'd take it to that next level. That's not bashing David, that's reality. Everyone becomes lax in a position at work and thinks they have a good thing till the new guy shows up and starts learning what you're supposed to be doing. That's the fire I'm talking about; The same one that take's everybody to that next level when you feel threatened in one way or another.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Good post Doug
Old 09-02-2005   #35
angeltexus
Rookie

Default Forget David Carr, what about Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Good post Doug
I continue to blame coach Capers for our embarassing performance. All spring and summer he talks about getting the job done, after games he makes excuses for his team. Excuses satisfy the people who say them and Texas do not put up with them. All week we heard about the way Carr was going to play 10 plays at least, so the team did not even take this game serious. Way to go coach, for now! Time to dump this Caper.. Hope you had fun at the Luncheon and made our fans miserable Thursday night.
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #36
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I live in CA, so I only see the highlights, or in some cases, lowlights of Texans games. As far as I'm concerned the pre-season is meant for these types of games, mistakes, blunders, screw-ups...however you want to put them. It is soooo frustrating to see Carr play like this, because it reminds me of his 2nd game his rookie season where he was like, 2-12, 16 yds, 2 int...and I remember people yelling "way to go leaf." I got to see Carr play at Fresno State, and there was never a bigger gamer than him. He showed up, for everything. I remember watching every Texans game I could during the past few seasons, and seeing all the krap he went through, with the sorry excuse of a line that has allowed 140 sacks, only one real quality WR to throw the ball to, dropped passes, and krappy play call selection, but yet he got back up and got his game face going again. I remember seeing him throw the ball into double coverage, along with other bad decisions, and at the same time, I saw him make passes that only today's elite QBs could ever make.

All you people bagging on Carr...have any of you been hit and landed on by 250lb, well conditioned, strong man 140 times? Has anyone ever had to throw a ball really hard, accurately, and someone in your face, with no one protecting you? I heard some chump says he knows and understands the game. Look you tard...you don't know till you go through what he has. What...did you play in high school with a bunch of other pimpled face twits, so that gives you a complete understanding of what a professional goes through? Look, I get frustrated when I see Carr make piss-poor decisions, but you all need to check yourself. Untill you throw on a uni, strap that helmet down, you know nothing.

Here is something I found interesting...every year, the Texans have had both spectrums of the games head in different directions. The Texans offense looked horrible its first year, and has steadily gotten better. Carr did not look bueno his rookie campaign, but has gotten steadily better. The Texans D its first year was actually pretty decent. And they have steadily gotten worse. Basically, what I am trying to say, is that the people writing on these message boards about what we need to do, what we shouldn't do, who we should have and shouldn't have drafted, don't know ****.

Now look...Ragone is good, but he's not great. I hear people saying he should start ahead of Carr, how wonderful he is running the offense, how great he played in NFL-Europe. I want to take you people aside and beat you:
1) If Ragone was a better QB than Carr...why wasn't he drafted in the 1st round and starting for another team.
2) You know what, Ragone is running the offense good. A 2-3 string QB is running the offense good against 2-3 stringer "D". But just curious everybody...how did Ragone run our offense during the season when he HAD to...that's right *****s.
3) NFL-Europe is an extention of college football. It is a league for back-ups to start. Don't get me wrong, there are a damn good players, but not NFL starter material. Ragone was a good QB in college, so him succeeding in NFL-Europe, aka NCAA part II, isn't overly impressive. Ragone may start one day, but not ahead of Carr on the same team.

Look, I'm tired. I'm trying to concentrate on work, staying awake, and tear you doubters a new one. This may seem like a ramble...but I don't care. In the words of Carlos Mencia, "dee dee-dee!"

And to answer your post and others... I have one who have not been happy (ever) with Carrs play. I wasnt on him the first year or two because everyone has to develop. That being said... He is not leading the reciever correctly (most passes are thrown behind), he is more accurate under 5 yards then anything over 5. He has questionable judgement at times. He does scramble well, but he had to do that to survive a horrible online in years past. Has he showed improvement, yes.. but slowly and only in certain areas, not all areas. Those are my beefs against him, and those have always been my beefs against him. And no, ragone isnt better then Carr, but Ragone HAS shown more improvement then Carr in the time being here. Ragone, however, isnt ready quite yet.

Now to address your comments BigTexan8

---All you people bagging on Carr...have any of you been hit and landed on by 250lb, well conditioned, strong man 140 times? Has anyone ever had to throw a ball really hard, accurately, and someone in your face, with no one protecting you? I heard some chump says he knows and understands the game. Look you tard...you don't know till you go through what he has. What...did you play in high school with a bunch of other pimpled face twits, so that gives you a complete understanding of what a professional goes through? Look, I get frustrated when I see Carr make piss-poor decisions, but you all need to check yourself. Untill you throw on a uni, strap that helmet down, you know nothing.

Your right... but neither have you... so you must know nothing as well. He is being paided as a professional football QB, and yes... he should be having a better o-line, but dont tell me 'oh its hard' crap. Good QB's make the best of the sititution. If a line weak, exploit it with more screens, dump-offs, etc. I hope he gets a better o-line, but he has to step up his play to where he is at right now.

---Basically, what I am trying to say, is that the people writing on these message boards about what we need to do, what we shouldn't do, who we should have and shouldn't have drafted, don't know ****.

Really.. I didnt know this... So those folks who yelled because we didnt draft a o-line until the late rounds havent a clue how good the oline is. Those people here who are concerned about preseason games where they are blow out of the water in the 1st half of the last preseason game dont know what thier speaking of. Wow... That means since your posting here, you dont know **** either.

Let me educate you on something..

This is a forum. Fans of the Houston Texans come here to do several things. They post. Sometimes thier post are stupid (I have done a few in my time too), some of thier posts are emotional, some of them are informative, some of them are even funny. I invite everyone with something to say to post. I only ask it isnt insultive personally against a member or player. We are all critics here of our teams because we are looking for a future SB visit and win. So if people want to post because they are furstrated with the team... well, maybe they should have a place to vent. Maybe if people see something they would do different, they have a place to say. If you cant handle it .. NMP!
Old 09-02-2005   #37
angeltexus
Rookie

Default sure, stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
And to answer your post and others... I have one who have not been happy (ever) with Carrs play. I wasnt on him the first year or two because everyone has to develop. That being said... He is not leading the reciever correctly (most passes are thrown behind), he is more accurate under 5 yards then anything over 5. He has questionable judgement at times. He does scramble well, but he had to do that to survive a horrible online in years past. Has he showed improvement, yes.. but slowly and only in certain areas, not all areas. Those are my beefs against him, and those have always been my beefs against him. And no, ragone isnt better then Carr, but Ragone HAS shown more improvement then Carr in the time being here. Ragone, however, isnt ready quite yet.

Now to address your comments BigTexan8

---All you people bagging on Carr...have any of you been hit and landed on by 250lb, well conditioned, strong man 140 times? Has anyone ever had to throw a ball really hard, accurately, and someone in your face, with no one protecting you? I heard some chump says he knows and understands the game. Look you tard...you don't know till you go through what he has. What...did you play in high school with a bunch of other pimpled face twits, so that gives you a complete understanding of what a professional goes through? Look, I get frustrated when I see Carr make piss-poor decisions, but you all need to check yourself. Untill you throw on a uni, strap that helmet down, you know nothing.

Your right... but neither have you... so you must know nothing as well. He is being paided as a professional football QB, and yes... he should be having a better o-line, but dont tell me 'oh its hard' crap. Good QB's make the best of the sititution. If a line weak, exploit it with more screens, dump-offs, etc. I hope he gets a better o-line, but he has to step up his play to where he is at right now.

---Basically, what I am trying to say, is that the people writing on these message boards about what we need to do, what we shouldn't do, who we should have and shouldn't have drafted, don't know ****.

Really.. I didnt know this... So those folks who yelled because we didnt draft a o-line until the late rounds havent a clue how good the oline is. Those people here who are concerned about preseason games where they are blow out of the water in the 1st half of the last preseason game dont know what thier speaking of. Wow... That means since your posting here, you dont know **** either.

Let me educate you on something..

This is a forum. Fans of the Houston Texans come here to do several things. They post. Sometimes thier post are stupid (I have done a few in my time too), some of thier posts are emotional, some of them are informative, some of them are even funny. I invite everyone with something to say to post. I only ask it isnt insultive personally against a member or player. We are all critics here of our teams because we are looking for a future SB visit and win. So if people want to post because they are furstrated with the team... well, maybe they should have a place to vent. Maybe if people see something they would do different, they have a place to say. If you cant handle it .. NMP!
Pretty good educating, thanks for staying in Cali..
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #38
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
You pay me $8 million for a year, I'll let you kick me in the crotch 100 times a day for a year...
The 2 games Ragone started were his rookie season and he was behind the same O line you say is so horrible...And you say Ragone is playing against lesser defenses, he is also out on the field without AJ and DD and playing with a rookie RB. Look at what Carr has done with AJ and DD and look at what Ragone has done without them...All I am saying is if this Carr's poor performance continues into the beginning of the season Ragone should at least get a chance. Carr is making top tier QB money and he has not even given an average QB performance yet this preseason...Just because he was a high pick and makes tons of money doesn't mean the job is just his automatically anymore, we are no longer an expansion team...Either way if Carr comes out and puts up Manning like numbers or if he comes out and looks like Ryan Leaf I still support him, but the coaches and front office need to do what is best to help the team win...
texan279, remember this one on 1/3/05?

Quote:
This challenging Carr for his job thing is ridiculous. How about we challenge each of our O linemen for their jobs? I think that might work.
and this one...

Quote:
And like I said in the other post, who challenges him for the job, Dave Ragone? If you bring in another QB to challenge Carr for his job all you will be doing is spending money on a veteran QB that no other team wants who will have to come in and learn our offense and our system and will most likely ride the bench anyways.

I applaud you for opening your eyes on this one. It takes a big man to admit he's wrong.

Last edited by the wonger need food; 09-02-2005 at 01:05 PM.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #39
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeltexus
Pretty good educating, thanks for staying in Cali..
Rofl.. Love those who post something I have no clue what they are saying..
Old 09-02-2005   #40
randy54
Rookie

keep on dreaming Houston will will SOMEDAY
randy54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read