Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2005   #1
Sudds
Rookie

Default Bandwagon Jumpers

It is so funny to hear the same posts every year regarding David Carr. I remember last year when we were racking up points and yeards after game 8 or 9 and everyone on this board loved Carr. They praised his leadership. They praised his abiltities to lead. The praised his toughness. Then all of a sudden things got difficult and those same people wante dhim cut.

The same is happening now. For those of you bandwagon jumpers, I've circled your names and am going to watch your posts. When Carr gets it going and starts leading this team in the right direction, once again, I'm going to see what type of posts you lay down then.

My advance...support the player who has been beaten, sacked, kicked, and bashed for three staright years and understand that until you play football behind our line, you need to pipe a down and have some stones. Overcoming adversity is something Carr has done for three straight years behind this Oline and this is the type of reaction the folks of Houston give him? A beer on his wife's head and a bash on their way out the stadium. If you had legitate football knowledge and could opening breakdown things he's doing worng, then write that. Be constructive and eeucated on what you're talking about. 2 bad games means nothing, especially now. Yu should be barking at Casserly...Yo, when you gonna protect a QB with legitimate gifts?
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been one of the few to defend Carr lately but there is no way to defend his performance over the past two games .... pre-season or not he has stunk it up . I for one hope he gets it together in a hurry
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #3
Sudds
Rookie

Default Houston Fans - You Shock Me

I'm a Califonria Kid who fell in love with Houston when they got the franchise over LA. I loved the Oilers, so that explains my connection. What I admired most about this board is how positive and educated you fans were on the game of football. We all disagreed on various aspect of this team and game, but everyone seemed to have a decent grasp of how things worked and that it would probably take 5 years for us to be in the playoffs. We all understood that no O-line equals disaster........but that was then.

Now we have a bunch of *****s roaming this board who are ready to throw in the towel before the season even starts. What happened to that Texan-Pride I've always heard about? Now it seems many of us are supporting our team when they win, and bashing them when we lose. And note, I use the word bash and not "criticize".That's not a true fan...you should be embarrased of yourselves if you've allowed the pre-season to determine how you are going to support this team for the entire year.
Old 09-02-2005   #4
Sudds
Rookie

I agree completely...Carr has sucked these past two games. I've never seen him play s horribly. But, I still support the guy and think he's a great QB. He's got everything we want, but he's not perfect. When we loose, I'm pissed and upset, but I'm not ready to quit and fire the entire offense.

Shoot, AJ had 37 yards or something last week...where were the complaints about him?

For the past 3 years we've talked about how nothing can get done offensively without a decent O-Line....we all know e have a crappy one and yet we expect perfection out of Carr. Unrealistic.
Old 09-02-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My advance...support the player who has been beaten, sacked, kicked, and bashed for three staright years and understand that until you play football behind our line, you need to pipe a down and have some stones. Overcoming adversity is something Carr has done for three straight years behind this Oline and this is the type of reaction the folks of Houston give him? A beer on his wife's head and a bash on their way out the stadium. If you had legitate football knowledge and could opening breakdown things he's doing worng, then write that. Be constructive and eeucated on what you're talking about. 2 bad games means nothing, especially now. Yu should be barking at Casserly...Yo, when you gonna protect a QB with legitimate gifts?
Just because someone posts something negative about Carr does not make them a "bandwagon jumper"...And he has had all of the time in the world this preseason in the backfield compared to years past...So if he continues to play like he has this preseason do we support Carr through another losing season and just take it or do we something for our team and put Ragone in? Football is a team sport, you do what's best for the team. I am not saying I do not support Carr because I always have and always will and I have been a Texan fan since day 1, but we are entering our 4th year and have made improvements in other areas and so far this preseason Carr almost looks like he has taken a step back...and don't give me this O line crap...look what Ragone did tonight behind the 2nd team O line...and things he is doing wrong, how about hitting a defender in the numbers with the ball 2 or 3 times so far this preseason...
Old 09-02-2005   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This a just for the record remark. I have been pretty consistent as saying that Carr is a good Qbs in the Hasselbeck, Plummer , Brooks range. A guy who is inconsistent, but a NFL starting quality guy. Just trying to say I am not a Carr hater. Worth having as a QB, but not an elite.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #7
Sudds
Rookie

Bashing after a loss is completely different than being pissed and critical after a loss.

We lose...people want him fired.

We win...he's the greatest.

You gotta pick one or the other. Criticism is perfectly acceptable and required...but there is a big difference between critisism and bashing, in my opinion.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2005   #8
Sudds
Rookie

PLease don't compare Ragone to Carr. There is no comparison, period. He's a good player at this level and will be a good back-up...never going to be a starter.

Think about getting sacked over 140 times in three seasons and how that might affect a player. Ragone has never had to deal with that.
Old 09-02-2005   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
What I admired most about this board is how positive and educated you fans were on the game of football.

Now we have a bunch of *****s roaming this board who are ready to throw in the towel before the season even starts.

Now it seems many of us are supporting our team when they win, and bashing them when we lose.
We're still educated about the game, that's WHY we're so disappointed.

It's true that pre-season games don't count. It's also true that our First-Team offense has looked absolutely PATHETIC in these last two pre-season games. Carr and the first-team offense were only supposed to play ONE series / 10 plays tonight. Capers left them in quite a bit longer than that so that our starting QB might actually have a SINGLE completion tonight!

When your starting QB can't break double-digits in QB rating (and I don't care if it was against the defending SuperBowl Champs), then you've got some deep issues.

Take off the rose-colored glasses for a minute and understand that while many of us still LOVE our team; we ARE smart enough fans to recognize that there are more than minor issues to be resolved right now.

That makes me a , but not a
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We can't just fire him until the next game?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We lose...people want him fired.
If he continues playing into the ergular season the way he has this preseason, why not put Ragone in?

Quote:
PLease don't compare Ragone to Carr. There is no comparison, period. He's a good player at this level and will be a good back-up...never going to be a starter.
Preseason Ragone 11/21 233 yards 3 TD 0 INT Passer Rating 102.4
Carr 15/34 125 yards 1 TD 4 INT Passer Rating 40.9

No comparison? You are right...As of now Ragone is leaps and bounds ahead of Carr, and Ragone plays without AJ and Davis, our 2 best offensive weapons...

Last edited by texan279; 09-02-2005 at 12:34 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Sudds was nice....Cuz I was about 5 mins away from making a simliar thread and really going off. <<<(evil smile)

It's really sad how you Texans "Fans" act during the preseason....I'm a try to remember these same people who ripped on the Texans and on sept. 11th...I'll see their remarks change.

I COMPLETELY understand being a little critical of Carr for the last 2 games...but my god, don't say "oh,we're going 5-11 based on what I've seen"...base on what you've seen...its still...

PRESEASON!

Don't get worried, IM TELLING YOU, THIS TEAM CAN DO A LITTLE SOMETHING!
Old 09-02-2005   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Look I understand everyone has a bad game or 2 every now and then, but this has gone on for 4 games, preseason or not, it was 1st team offense against 1st team defense...No one is calling for Carr's head, not me anyway, just voicing concern about our "franchise" QB...I mean you can't sit here and say nothing is wrong, playoffs here we come, or it's only preseason after watching these last 4 preseason games...And why are some saying "it is only preseason"? Is there something that is going to change or happen to where Carr makes a total 180 starting 9/11?
Old 09-02-2005   #14
SESupergenius

What do you all really expect, we've havn't fixed our O-line problems, we didn't add a solid #2 reciever, we didn't address the TE position, we drafted DD II as a backup (no starters from rounds 1 and 3), we let go the heart and soul of our defense in Sharper and Glenn( our best linebacker and cornerback), we've got 3 our of our 4 linebackers that didn't play at their positions playing there now, we traded down our #1 pick and bypassed a hugely popular LB in DJ to get a backup Lineman in TJ, we traded for a CB that was the #2 cornerback for his previous team and we inserted him as our #1, we didn't resign our best nickel back in Wright, we get Greenwood to increase pressure on the QB who only has 3 CAREER sacks, we didn't get any quality free agent linebackers (Bell, Hartwell) ,we let a good safety go in McCree and insert a 4th round project to take the spot from another untested late rounder in Earl.

Yep, I can see why people are saying we are going to have a great season. :brickwall
Old 09-02-2005   #15
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bandwagon?? when the heck did a bandwagon come through for the Texans? did we win a division championship and I missed it or something??

For all you "its only preseason" smucks, yes it is THANKFULLY.

If this is Preseason and these are only 'practice games', and we played like that in them, why is it such a 'screeching halt' of logic to deduct what were going to look like against Buffalo?

Oh wait, maybe we just put on the most elaborate ruse since the invention of the Trojan Horse. Yeah that's it!!! Carr, and company, came out and INTENTIONALLY looked that bad so we could fool Buffalo into playing their second string and saving their starters for the NEXT game after Houston's.

The Texans have 10 days to fix what they haven't been able to fix in over 4 month's. yeah, optimism is running high on THAT happening, isn't it.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #16
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

and just for the record, ditto on what ArlingtonTexan said. DC is an average, meaning middle of the pack, starter for an NFL team. I don't expect to see him take and win a game entirely by himself, such as Manning. But I don't expect him to throw one away with lousy decisions at critical times either, such as the interceptions lately.

Hey there's 32 teams in the NFL, some of those QB's have to be rated 13-19, that is Carr's area. Not everyone can be a Manning.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #17
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default David Carr

Nobody is jumping the Wagon Suds Carr is a remarkable person and has the talent to be a great QB, but when you see mistakes like you have the last two weeks it makes you scratch your head . Also David's remark's after the game are typical of him we need to execute better, and so on. They get old he just needs to say he had a bad game and had poor misreads. Him and Charlie need to stop licking the salt off old wounds every week and get with it. Because I'm sure once the season starts and this downward progress continues Bob Mcnair will get tired of watching his money run around the field. Week 4 of the preseason you should start to see some type of gel in the first string offense, like in the Raider's game now a downward progression, I'm sure you would agree. So no one is jumping the band wagon on here we are all true Texans fans with concerns for our beloved Texans, I will continue to support the players no matter win or lose, but one would have to ask. When the owner looks down do I fire the team or the Mangement, well he is sure not going to get rid of the team. Alot of this is Charlie's fault, it really get's old listening to him week in and week out. Anyway go Texans and way to go Texans fans on donations to our freinds in LA from hurricane Katrina. God Bless them.
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #18
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Ive been one of the few to defend Carr lately but there is no way to defend his performance over the past two games .... pre-season or not he has stunk it up . I for one hope he gets it together in a hurry
This honest fan has respect
Old 09-02-2005   #19
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
Bandwagon?? when the heck did a bandwagon come through for the Texans? did we win a division championship and I missed it or something??

For all you "its only preseason" smucks, yes it is THANKFULLY.

If this is Preseason and these are only 'practice games', and we played like that in them, why is it such a 'screeching halt' of logic to deduct what were going to look like against Buffalo?

Oh wait, maybe we just put on the most elaborate ruse since the invention of the Trojan Horse. Yeah that's it!!! Carr, and company, came out and INTENTIONALLY looked that bad so we could fool Buffalo into playing their second string and saving their starters for the NEXT game after Houston's.

The Texans have 10 days to fix what they haven't been able to fix in over 4 month's. yeah, optimism is running high on THAT happening, isn't it.

Great post..sober but honest..the just will not be honest
Old 09-02-2005   #20
SESupergenius

Oh please Roy, you're only fooling yourself if you think your team is any better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read