Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2005   #1
Beaverhunter
Rookie

Default looking for heart of a champion

Champions want to win desperately. Do any of the Texans have it. I hope so and we will find out this year because its time to show us something after all they are called Texans and those are big shoes to fill so bring the champions on.
Beaverhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's contract explained??

I believe we have very good capologists on the boards and would like to know where we stand from a financial impact of his contract over the next couple of years and what are our penalties in the event of a release in the future.

The sky is not falling for I still believe we will get to 8-8. My expectation was based on the recogntion that we have an average QB at best, so what I have seen does not surpise me.

I am not calling for a release of Carr this year, just want to know what our potential liability is. High total cost of ownership with limited return on investment is economic ruin.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's 1st down.

Was his first and only first down against the 1st or 2nd string defense? I wasn't paying attention to Tampa's personnel at the time.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #4
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

i think the sun was in his eyes
Old 09-01-2005   #5
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Was his first and only first down against the 1st or 2nd string defense? I wasn't paying attention to Tampa's personnel at the time.
not sure who is on Tampa's 1st or 2nd string, but here's a pic of the personnel during the first down...

Old 09-01-2005   #6
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

did someone question our bravery?

Old 09-01-2005   #7
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Default New Q-back equipment

this should improve our performance at quarterback

Old 09-01-2005   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey that kicker sure has a striking resemblance to Charley Casserly
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #9
wrestler4life
Veteran

Absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #10
wrestler4life
Veteran

Why question something that is not there?
Maybe we can borrow one from the Tin Man
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An Idea

After the past two weeks of futility from the first team offense a message needs to be sent .....Bench the "Face of the Franchise" David Carr and start 3rd stringer Dave Ragone .... Maybe it'll light a fire under some of the others

They just need a and try again next year ..... errr week
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Upcoming season...

I only watched bits of the 1st half tonight and almost all of the 2nd half...From what I saw...if Carr gives one more performance like he had tonight, put Ragone in, I can't figure it out, Carr has had more time in the backfield this preseason than ever yet he has looked worse this preseason than I have ever seen him...Bradford needs to be cut, we need a real #2 WR who can run routes...Hollings should be cut, he has shown nothing this preseason and I saw him get chased down from behind by a defensive lineman twice tonight...Sloan Thomas has been impressive this preseason...Travis Johnson looked like a monster tonight, don't know if it was because he was up against 2nd string O line or what, but saw him get a sack, make a tackle in the backfield, and force a fumble I think, he seemed pumped up and ready to play, our defensive line should be better than ever...If Fangio opens up the play book I am confident we could have a top 10 defense...It is the offense I am worried about...IMO Hollings is a bust, Joppru has been put on the PUP AGAIN, we have no #2 WR, and my main concern now is Carr, I have never been worried about him until tonight...I know I will probably catch some hell for this but it's how I feel about the situation, I took my battle red glasses off for a minute, took a step back, and took a look at things...

Last edited by texan279; 09-01-2005 at 11:44 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #13
Trapped
Veteran

I think everyone is concerned Carr, he had it to easy. He has been penciled in as the Starting QB since day 1. September 11 is so close, but yet so far.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #14
touttail
All Pro

That is Casserly-LOL

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Hey that kicker sure has a striking resemblance to Charley Casserly
Now that's funny. Who's the other 2 guys, Capers & McNair ?
Well, if the team plays like they did last night, they're gonna get this kind of
riducule. And if anything happens in Buffalo like last night in Tampa, ain't gonna be pretty.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverhunter
Champions want to win desperately. Do any of the Texans have it. I hope so and we will find out this year because its time to show us something after all they are called Texans and those are big shoes to fill so bring the champions on.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050901_NYG@NE

New England list 27 to 3. Do you not consider them champions?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

That does make me feel better. Confused, but better. I think I hate Preseason.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #18
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

this is the most ridiculous post i have ever read, TT, and that's saying something.

when the texans are pounded in the preseason after winning their 3rd super bowl, maybe you will make some sense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read