Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2005   #1
aggiechance
Rookie

Default Feeling Optimistic - We will beat the Bills

Hear me out here...I've watched the Texans since day one and I'm still debating whether Carr will take us to the next level (knowing we passed on Brady kinda hurts even though he came out of no where) and I'm hoping all of this 8-8 talk will come true, but this poor showing in preseason will motivate Capers and co. to really step it up. I'd rather have a mad coach who is embarrased of his team, really fire it up. Get the team fully prepared for Buffalo...the real first game that counts. If we coasted through preseason, we may have not given our entire hearts into the buff game. But now that we went 1-3, god knows the heat is on. I think we show up sharp in Buffalo and wipe JP Losman all over the field. Our D needs to start representing, though. Stand behind your team, chalk it up to learning about the backups, and lets go win the AFC South.
aggiechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #2
wrestler4life
Veteran

You must be out of your freakin mind!
Capers should have done that after last weekend. I must say that I wish I had your optimism.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

LOL @ these weak ***,fairweather fans being optimistic.

I'll stay optimistic,some others will...but 70% of this board is going crazy like its week 9 and we're 1-7.
Old 09-01-2005   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
...but 70% of this board is going crazy like its week 9 and we're 1-7.
I suspect that, if we were 1-7 in week 9, this board would be empty and morbid, not crazy.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiechance
...knowing we passed on Brady kinda hurts even though he came out of no where...
Brady was drafted by the Pats in Y2K. The Texans first draft was in 2002.

I hope that eases your pain.
Old 09-02-2005   #6
Sudds
Rookie

I thought I lost my mind on this one. What the heck was that guy talking about?

Brady - 2000
Carr - 2002

The posters are losing it.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Brady was drafted by the Pats in Y2K. The Texans first draft was in 2002.

I hope that eases your pain.
It certainly eases mine. I was about to get upset.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2005   #8
touttail
All Pro

I see and feel that there is alot more concern for the way we looked in pre-season, than going crazy.

Bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I suspect that, if we were 1-7 in week 9, this board would be empty and morbid, not crazy.
.....no way the homers leave--they'll find a 'reason' for every games
out come
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Some of us have been members of this board since its inception ....(before it was moved to this location) ..... we arent going anywhere
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of us have been members of this board since its inception ....(before it was moved to this location) ..... we arent going anywhere
Ah the good ole days...and I am not going anywhere...been here since day one and I will be here forever!
Old 09-02-2005   #12
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
.....no way the homers leave--they'll find a 'reason' for every games
out come
Some of us FANS won't leave even if the Texans go 0-16. I'm a Texans fan no matter what the outcome of the games are. I've given the Texans a free pass for 3 years. That free pass is over when the coin is flipped in Buffalo. I choose not to be overly critical during the Preseason because it just doesn't matter.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro

If the Texans have a losing season, I will still have my season tickets in 119C and yell just as loud if not louder for them the nest year.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I bought my first Spurs season tickets pre-David Robinson. $600 per seat per year, 2nd row! They went 21-61 my first year. It was still a blast, and a heck of an entertainment value. Shortly thereafter they got Robinson and Eliot. Then prices went way up, and the fans around me weren't as knowledgable anymore.

Since then I've moved to Houston but still follow "my" Spurs. And I can honestly call them my team because I'm anything but a front runner. Victory has been very sweet.

Enjoy the Texans now. Enjoy the games. Enjoy the players. Criticize, but critcize fairly. If they ever win the big one, it'll all be worth it.

Last edited by Runner; 09-02-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #15
aggiechance
Rookie

Sorry guys...I had read this article and got confused...

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout14.html
aggiechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Optimism Glasses: At least we will be in the D'Brickshaw running.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #17
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
I thought I lost my mind on this one. What the heck was that guy talking about?

Brady - 2000
Carr - 2002

The posters are losing it.
What hurt more than that is that we passed on Manning Too.
Wake me up when the draft come so we can draft Montana, I heard the guy is going to make a name for himself in the NFL.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

good grief we have been waiting all year for next season now next season is here we should all be happy, excited and positive

do the Texans have a chance against the Buffalo Bills ABSOLUTELY

its going to be a very competitive game, c'mon Texans
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #19
gr8slayer

Wow, you all are really just looking past us.
Old 09-02-2005   #20
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Of all the bs I've heard...what really kills me is the fact that everyone was anticipating the season for the last 4 months, being all optimistic...now everyone is afraid of the season starting and are yelling 0-16 (you get my point)....

Remember people, we were WORSE than this in the 2003 preseason...0-4 and looking terrible...and what happened in Miami? Exactly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read