Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2005   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's lame remarks after loss to TB

From the game story on houstontexans.com, at the end of the story.........

...Of the loss, Carr said the players must learn from it and alter their approach when they begin preparations for their Week 1 opponent, the Buffalo Bills.

“Next week, we really have to get things going, because it is the real thing,” he said. “We have to make sure we are on top of our stuff and come out and do what we are supposed to do.”

------------------------------------------

1. "...we really have to get things going...."

Really? By saying "we," you must mean "I," don't you? Take your own medicine, David.

2. "...because it (the season opener) is the real thing,..."

And this wasn't? What part of tonight's game wasn't real enough for you, David? Two straight games of absolutley nothing. This isn't Madden 2006, you're playing for REAL in every game. Geez...........

3. "...we have to make sure we are on top of our stuff...."

Uh.............................

4. "..and come out and do what we're supposed to do."

Yeah, we'll just turn it on like a light switch. No problem. It's only pre-season. These games don't count (they're only in your IMAGINATION). Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I am the great and powerful Oz!!!

I went to a fantasy football draft tonight and didn't even bother to tape the game. Came home a few minutes ago, checked the message boards and was met with (SHOCK! GASP! SURPRISE!) a second-straight game of complete failure by what appears to be David Carr and the first team offense. Once again, from what I've read on this board, the second teamers save us from complete skunking.

Either Capers and crew need to be fired before the season even begins, or Capers needs to send a message and bench Carr for Ragone on opening weekend. Oh, but that wouldn't happen. This is why I can't stand the NFL sometimes: Coaches don't do what they should. Carr ought to be benched to send a signal to Carr and the other slackers.

You gettin' paid, bro. Deliver the goods. Ragone went over to Europe and worked his arse off. He desperately wants to play and he's showing it. You're just prancing around and pouting. No more lobbing it up to AJ, David. You gotta actually be on time, accurate, and prove you can be a multi-talented QB.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #2
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I somewhat agree with you even though I'm a big Carr fan. I still remember when Moon got benched and then when he came back he and the rest of the team was on fire for the rest of the season. Sometimes you have to shake things up a little to remind leaders of what they are and how they are to conduct themselves in there job and performance.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #3
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
...You gettin' paid, bro. Deliver the goods. Ragone went over to Europe and worked his arse off. He desperately wants to play and he's showing it. You're just prancing around and pouting. No more lobbing it up to AJ, David. You gotta actually be on time, accurate, and prove you can be a multi-talented QB.
he gotta hair cut, what more do ya want?
Old 09-01-2005   #4
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Im losing confidence in Carr. Sure people will say "its jsut preaseason"...and "DD wasn't in". But the fact of the matter is that that is your first team. You should get the job done. DD may get injured...and you may be forced to have Morency. No excuse for 2 INT's in a couple of series.

I think Carr may be too comfortable in his seat. I really do beleive Ragone can give him a challenge...look what he was able to do with 2nd string and the horrible hopefully cut Hollings. Still wondering why Banks is #2...or even on this team. And for gods sake, Parsons??????
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #5
wrestler4life
Veteran

Looks like we are drafting a QB in the first round, probably with the 4th or 5th pick of the round. Leinart is going to be the new "Stevie Franchise"!
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #6
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck
Lightbulb

Quote:
1. "...we really have to get things going...."

Really? By saying "we," you must mean "I," don't you? Take your own medicine, David.
i believe this might help shed some light on your rather narrow perspective...

(originally posted by 'cak here)
Quote:
Not you Huge, but folks in general need to settle down a little. Of the 29 attempts at least 4 to arguably 6 were drops by WR's or TE's plus 1 INT was either no one's fault (good play by Nguyen) or the TE's fault--the other INT was a horrible choice by Carr. The pre-season gives such a small sample that little things can really skew the results. For instance give Carr the 4 drops and he is at 62% completion with 6 he is at 69%--either way, very respectable. His QB rating is similarly skewed.
regarding your reaction to carr's use of 'we'...if the 'I' is inferred then how is carr not taking his "own medicine" as you put it? sure, i get that your trying to make it sound like he's passing off responsibility to his teammates, but if the difference between 40% and 60(almost 70)% completion percentage is 4 to 6 dropped balls by his WR's, don't you think using 'we' is quite fitting.

Quote:
[1.]Deliver the goods. Ragone went over to Europe and worked his arse off. He desperately wants to play and he's showing it. [2.]You're just prancing around and pouting. [3.]No more lobbing it up to AJ, David. You gotta actually be on time, accurate, and [4.]prove you can be a multi-talented QB.
1. "Deliver the goods" : check, goods on schedule to be delivered on 9/11/05 in buffalo, carr has successfully made it through pre-season without a serious injury and is penciled in as the starting QB.

2. in regards to "prancing around and pouting" : caper's and plamer will evaluate game tape to investigate allegations of "prancing" and/or "pouting" on the field by a man who is commonly known as david carr. suspicions are raised because if this alleged activity took place, it may have had something to do with poor play in last two PRE-SEASON games of the 2005-06 season. you will updated ASAP, thank you for tipping us off about said activities.

3. "No more lobbing it up to AJ" : man, this sucks for dre, how ironic that the consecutive season after his first pro-bowl appearance, david carr has been instructed to no longer "(lobb) it to AJ". back to square one in regards to WR options i guess...

4. "prove you can be a multi-talented QB" : again, another blow for the texans. a week before their season opener in buffalo, texans' QB david carr has been instructed to make a decision before the game if he will run OR pass all game long because he has not proven to be a "multi-talented QB". this news comes as shocking because carr passed for over 3000 yds last year all the while rushing for the most yards as a QB in the AFC with 299. normally regarded as pocket passer, it would be hard to deny carr's apparent dual threat ability, which makes the news of his much anticipated decision even harder to swallow.

......:brickwall

Old 09-01-2005   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
i believe this might help shed some light on your rather narrow perspective...

(originally posted by 'cak here)

regarding your reaction to carr's use of 'we'...if the 'I' is inferred then how is carr not taking his "own medicine" as you put it? sure, i get that your trying to make it sound like he's passing off responsibility to his teammates, but if the difference between 40% and 60(almost 70)% completion percentage is 4 to 6 dropped balls by his WR's, don't you think using 'we' is quite fitting.

1. "Deliver the goods" : check, goods on schedule to be delivered on 9/11/05 in buffalo, carr has successfully made it through pre-season without a serious injury and is penciled in as the starting QB.

2. in regards to "prancing around and pouting" : caper's and plamer will evaluate game tape to investigate allegations of "prancing" and/or "pouting" on the field by a man who is commonly known as david carr. suspicions are raised because if this alleged activity took place, it may have had something to do with poor play in last two PRE-SEASON games of the 2005-06 season. you will updated ASAP, thank you for tipping us off about said activities.

3. "No more lobbing it up to AJ" : man, this sucks for dre, how ironic that the consecutive season after his first pro-bowl appearance, david carr has been instructed to no longer "(lobb) it to AJ". back to square one in regards to WR options i guess...

4. "prove you can be a multi-talented QB" : again, another blow for the texans. a week before their season opener in buffalo, texans' QB david carr has been instructed to make a decision before the game if he will run OR pass all game long because he has not proven to be a "multi-talented QB". this news comes as shocking because carr passed for over 3000 yds last year all the while rushing for the most yards as a QB in the AFC with 299. normally regarded as pocket passer, it would be hard to deny carr's apparent dual threat ability, which makes the news of his much anticipated decision even harder to swallow.

......:brickwall

Yep. I couldnt have said it better myself. Well said.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Please, tell me what Carr could have said to you to make it all better? He played horribly, yet the Texans are still tied for the division lead.

Didn't even watch the game? Quit your crying.
Old 09-02-2005   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Timing routes and receiver options on what route to run, Johnson switching positions back and forth, and quick (3 step) drops that shorten the field and allow the defense to tighten down and ignore the long threat. Johnson is confused, Carr is confused, and many of the other receivers are dropping balls. When are we going to stop changing things and let the players learn what they're doing? Do we even have the new blocking scheme completely down yet? I don't think second guessing Carr's potential is going to profit us anything, even though he was kind of bad against Dallas and horrible tonight. I think the coaches need to stop changing things and just get the right players. Isn't run blocking supposed to be our strength? We even stunk at that tonight. Although, I have to say that I did think the play calling was a little too predictable, not that it would've made much of a difference. I know that someone will show me stats that totally contradict me, but I swear it seems like we NEVER pass on first down. It seems like the other teams are putting 9 men in the box and just piling on the RB on first down and sometimes on 2nd. IOW, it seems like 95% of our pass attempts are on 3rd down.

It's a good thing that Sloan Thomas and Jabbar Gaffney came to play tonight, because it was all crud in between Morency and them.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-02-2005 at 12:15 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #10
SESupergenius

Say it with me folks "We can't beat the Cover 2" Fa la la la la la la
Old 09-02-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Would Peerless (spelling?) Price solve that problem?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #12
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
I am new..and not a Texan fan..but you by far have the most honest and homer destroying posts on the site. Very witty and insightful..much respect bro..you are honest.
Old 09-02-2005   #13
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Would Peerless (spelling?) Price solve that problem?

Well he couldn't make it any worse now could he? Lots of people will probably say he's not worth it, doesn't fit the system, etc, etc, but if Carr isn't throwing INT's or long to AJ then what do we REALLY have left to try? At least Peerless might take some coverage away from AJ to allow a few different routes open up for him and hence move the ball down the field (which last time I checked was the objective of the game). Wouldn't that also help the running game a little or does that seem just a tad too logical???
Old 09-02-2005   #14
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
Looks like we are drafting a QB in the first round, probably with the 4th or 5th pick of the round. Leinart is going to be the new "Stevie Franchise"!
how does leinhart last to 4?
Old 09-02-2005   #15
touttail
All Pro

I wish Carr would quit making excuses. He just needs to say, "I stunk, I screwed up, it's in the past. I can't change it, let's forget it, and look forward!"
Also, " I promise not to stink it up again!"------LOL

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

ok...first things first...bradford was just pathetic in the way he played...couldn't run his routes right which caused one carr's int's...carr's main problem in my mind is that he's still throwing his temper fits on the field...the quarterback should be the most calm player on the field...and carr slamming the ball on the ground isn't gonna help anything...he needs to mature on the field...he needs to take the team on his shoulders and make it happen and right now he's not getting it done and either is the team
Old 09-02-2005   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quit my crying?

Just because I didn't watch the game doesn't mean I can't comment, Lucky.

Way to go. You get the HOMER OF THE WEEK award for that comment.

I didn't have to watch the game because I knew the outcome before it started, pal.

Carr is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too comfortable in his position.

The offensive coordinator doesn't play on the field. He calls the plays, and the players execute. If the players execute, and it doesn't work....then it's the coordinator's fault. But face the music, Lucky: Our first team is NOT executing AT ALL.

Quit being a homer and acting like I'm some Cowboys fan who is trying to rip our team just to dig at Texans fans.

He needed to say, "I played bad. Period."

Be a man and admit you didn't play well. In my job, when I screw up, I look my boss and say it, "Man, I'm sorry but I screwed up."

10 time out of 10 it makes everything better.

For him to use the "we" and just spread around blame does NOT, and I repeat "DOES NOT" make anything better.

He needed to shut his trap on his teammates and just take a little responsibility. Guess that's too much to ask of our "star" QB who I frankly think is being a bad leader right now.

This "light switch" mentality of "It's only pre-season and we'll do OK when it counts FOR REAL..." is just absurd. Absurd. It's why we can't get any better. Do you think the Patriots have a "It's only preseason. We're cool...." mentality? Do you think that's the way to approach any game, regardless of its bearing on the playoffs.

That kind of c r a p is EXACTLY what got us tromped by the Browns at the end of last season, and we have picked up right where we left off. And everybody BUT the moderators of this board probably agrees with that. I'm just one of the few that throws caution to wind, ignores the risk of getting bullied by people like you, Lucky, in order to say what a lot of people are thinking.

So you can flame me, Lucky. You're the man with all 100,000 of your posts and blah-blah-blah. Quit bullying and just make your remarks and let them stand on their own instead of telling me that I'm sort of child for "crying" when I didn't even watch the game.

I didn't personally attack you, but you attacked me and so let's roll.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #18
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I never played organized football, but gp you should realize one thing - From day 1 of peewee league, these guys have had it ingrained in their head that football is a team game. Win together, lose together. Maybe one guy did screw up. But there's 11 guys on the field at any given time and you don't call anyone out and don't expect anyone to call themselves out on it. Let me make one more point - The media and the fans aren't Carr's boss. We don't know what he said to Capers, McNair, etc. I'm sure he knows he could have played better. It doesn't mean he has to crucify himself to a bunch of upset fans that can't get over that we haven't lost a real game yet.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #19
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Carr is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too comfortable in his position.
You know... I really agree with this.. I think if he thought he had to compete for this position, he might show more improvmentin certain areas quicker.
Old 09-02-2005   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55805 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
David Carr has finally found his nemisis. Kryponite...er cover 2.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read