Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No excuses

This team is not ready for the season. Carr is playing like Ragone the last time we played the Bucs in the regular season, the Oline is still gone from existence-the reason they haven't given up a sack is because Carr throws an int., defense forgot how to tackle and noone is ready to play football.

I am asking someone to please tell me this is just preseason. Please tell me that. It is still no excuse for two INTs in the first quarter and only 4 yards of offense. I believe that any hopes of an improved offense are out of your mind until this team gets its act together. Everyone here knows I am as positive of a fan as they come, but this is by far the worse display of football I have ever seen. Someone please pop in an inaugural season video because you will be more happy looking at that team than this one.

El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #2
scott
Rookie

agreed
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #3
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
This team is not ready for the season. Carr is playing like Ragone the last time we played the Bucs in the regular season, the Oline is still gone from existence-the reason they haven't given up a sack is because Carr throws an int., defense forgot how to tackle and noone is ready to play football.

I am asking someone to please tell me this is just preseason. Please tell me that. It is still no excuse for two INTs in the first quarter and only 4 yards of offense. I believe that any hopes of an improved offense are out of your mind until this team gets its act together. Everyone here knows I am as positive of a fan as they come, but this is by far the worse display of football I have ever seen. Someone please pop in an inaugural season video because you will be more happy looking at that team than this one.

I'm as frustrated as you are, let's wait and see what happens during the regular season. No crees?
southtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #4
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott
agreed
Finally some honesty..last week it was excuses but now it is exposed...trouble ahead quick IMO
Old 09-01-2005   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

After this performance.... My prediction of 7-9 is a bit too nice , They are playing like a 5-11 expansion team tonight I know , I know , its only pre-season but there is just no excuse for this kind of play
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #6
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYDESTROY
Finally some honesty..last week it was excuses but now it is exposed...trouble ahead quick IMO
This is a preseason game, no big deal.
Old 09-01-2005   #7
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
And we will have a better record that the cowgirls.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2005   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They had a hiccup. Remember who dont win or lose the superbowl in August. You do win or lose your division in August. You do not gain a berth to the playoffs or lose it in August. Do not rag on a team which has not lost a game this season. Did they not look good, sure, but past perfromance is not a guarantee of future performance. If it was, the stock market(and football) would be easy to predict.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

LOL @ people getting worried cuz of this game.

[sarcasm] OH NO!!! WE'RE GOING 5-11!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! [/sarcasm]
Old 09-01-2005   #10
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
that's ok, no jerry = happiness
Old 09-02-2005   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
LOL @ people getting worried cuz of this game.

[sarcasm] OH NO!!! WE'RE GOING 5-11!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! [/sarcasm]
THE SKY IS FALLING .... not hardly but my expectations sure have

Ive been saying they look bad from the begining of training camp and had figured 7-9 would be about as well as they could do this season .... i just lowered my expectations a bit after the past two weeks of Carr and the first team offense doing absolutely nothing . 9 yards and two turn overs in one quarter is unacceptable .... pre-season or not.
I have been one of the few who have defended Carr lately ..... no need to defend his performance tonight , he did that himself .

David .... Lead , follow or get outa the way
Old 09-02-2005   #12
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

For gods sake, look what Chris Simms was able to do. 3 TD's. Im a huge Texans fan and will be one till I die or they cease to exist.....but I am not liking what I am seeing out there. Capers is fine in my book...but Palmer needs a boot. Carr is giving me second thoughts - and I like the guy.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #13
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexan
This is a preseason game, no big deal.
It appears it is a big deal..two straight horrible outings..usually translates..stop being a
Old 09-02-2005   #14
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
that's ok, no jerry = happiness
Charlie=lOSSES
OR
dAVID=interceptions

You guys are up to year rears in Dog Poo..horrible play
Old 09-02-2005   #15
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexan
And we will have a better record that the cowgirls.
No way on earth you will...you lose in preseason and based on your poor play you will lose in the regular season.

Dallas is on the rise your club is going down quick. Read the site Homer..most your fans admit this fact.

I will be back with special messages for you in week one when Buffalo's Defense kills your Texans.
Old 09-02-2005   #16
TexHorns
Veteran

Quote:

Good post.

I think it is more the WRs fault than Carrs. Yeah he looks jittery but what can you expect when your WRs are dropping everything. I am not trying to defend him blindly I know he made some bad decisions tonight.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #17
SESupergenius

WEll I keep telling myself it's only preseason and Capers has never shown much there. This first game will tell alot. Do they have heart? Do they have the speed to win now? Can they handle a tough D?
Old 09-02-2005   #18
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
WORD!!! Hey I agree with the TROLL RoyDestroy. Two HORRIBLE...HORRIBLE outings is nothing to brag about even if it is preseason. Absolutely horrendous outings.
I am really not a TROLL but can you honestly buy this homer crap..If I were a Texan fan I would be looking for answers not making excuses..
Old 09-02-2005   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the announcers. It's the hurricane that's got them playing bad.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I agree with the announcers. It's the hurricane that's got them playing bad.

The Saints played better ..........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read