Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2005   #241
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like last year....Gaffney got clutch first downs and caught everything thrown his way. He had a great night. He gets no respect for some reason....I think because everyone keeps apologizing for Carr non-stopů.they gotta blame something.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #242
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just like last year....Gaffney got clutch first downs and caught everything thrown his way. He had a great night.
I knew he had a good night just from checking his stats...just didn't want to post it as a positive that I saw that I actually didn't see...
Old 09-02-2005   #243
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFan1
Pathetic display tonight, the best play by David Carr was spiking the ball in disgust. It would have been better to throw the ball at the entire o-line. Everyone on both sides of the ball seemed as if they had no desire to play football. If that is there attitude then I would rather watch an entire season of 2nd and 3rd stringers who want the job and have the desire to win. That was evident by the performance of Ragone and Swinton and several others towards the end of the game.
Told you Swinton was an alright role player
Old 09-02-2005   #244
touttail
All Pro

WHAT HAPPENED???
Our offense looked good the first two pre-season games, driving the ball down the field the first series.
Now it's interception or 3 and out.
Coach Capers had that "deer in the headlight look". He seemed to not have a clue of the situation. I understand that TB has a good "D", but we should at least showed up for the game.

I wonder if something is going on in the locker room that we don't know about, being they have done an about face.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #245
TexanAggie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
If Tony Hollings isn't cut...mark my words, i will hunt down and find out whoever's decision it was to keep him on the roster and slap them until my arm hurts.

AMEN BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hollings needs to go go go go go go, Matt Stevens of the offense......................
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #246
TexanAggie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFan1
Pathetic display tonight, the best play by David Carr was spiking the ball in disgust. It would have been better to throw the ball at the entire o-line..

Let me see how many times did carr get sacked or did he have to run for his life. I think the O-line looked great compared to past lines
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #247
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbrem
Don't you guys get it? They're trying to figure out who should return kicks, and the best way to do that is to give the other teams a lot of touchdowns. Isn't it obvious? It's brilliant.....

And that's my head after somebody slapped it.
That is TOOO funny!
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2005   #248
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Just like last year....Gaffney got clutch first downs and caught everything thrown his way. He had a great night.
Gaff looked great ! That over-the-shoulder one hander was spectacular !
Guess that's one positive thing from the game last night, knowing Gaff will be ready to go for the season opener in Buffalo.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #249
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I called it yesterday in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I think tonights game is going to be ugly. We seem to get our tail whipped against the Bucs. Im guessing 17 to 34 Bucs.
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...529#post156529

I gave the bucs 34 points, and they shot over it.

Last edited by Blake; 09-02-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read