Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-31-2005   #1
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Simon signs with Colts

I heard this on ESPN a few minutes ago. Don't know what shape he's in but I'm sure they consider it a big signing.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting--I wouldn't have thought the Colts had the cap room to sign him to the kind of contract he wanted. Wonder if this quick signing was because he was limiting his search to top contenders and was willing to give a discount.
Old 08-31-2005   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Maybe he quickly realized teams know how overrated he is, and how poorly he played in 2004, along with his injury concerns and lazy attitude.

Then took the desperate Colts small offer to be on a contender.

Or maybe the Colts have dirty pictures.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 08-31-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #4
SESupergenius

they'll kill us with the cover 2 again, only rushing 4 and dropping back everyone else. It's the blueprint of our unsuccess.
Old 09-01-2005   #5
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Or maybe the Colts have dirty pictures.
Don't put it past Polian

I love it though. I agree he's been living on reputation, but he is still a top 10 tackle, and I'll gladly welcome him in a speed blue jersey.

Passing on Anttaj Hawthorne 5 times suddenly doesn't hurt that bad.
Old 09-01-2005   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Don't put it past Polian

I love it though. I agree he's been living on reputation, but he is still a top 10 tackle, and I'll gladly welcome him in a speed blue jersey.

Passing on Anttaj Hawthorne 5 times suddenly doesn't hurt that bad.

Top 10 tackle? I wouldn't go that far.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Top 10 tackle? I wouldn't go that far.
Depending on what you want your tackle to do, I would absolutely put him top 10.

That doesn't even make him a pro bowler.
Old 09-01-2005   #8
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Depending on what you want your tackle to do, I would absolutely put him top 10.

That doesn't even make him a pro bowler.
Top 10 pass rushing tackle?

Absolutely

Top 10 lazy pay day player?

Yep

Top 10 worst run stuffers

I'd say so.

Good enough to make the Colts defense better?

Doesn't take top 10 anything there.
He will be a nice compliment to Freeney. (If he is healthy)

If they can establish a consistant pass rush, they can improve the defense drastically. Teams that play the Colts have to abandon the rushing game quickly as Peyton Manning rains points.

The only way to really beat Indy is shut down the offense. Then expose the defense with the rushing game. Got to do both though.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 09-01-2005 at 03:09 AM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #9
Derek
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Derek Send a message via Yahoo to Derek

This is good signing, because if he wasn't signed, could you tell me who one of the Colt's defensive tackle was? I couldn't off the top of my head. Unfornately, this might make the Colt's D better.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #10
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Default The Colts may've just bought themselves a SB!!!

It doesn't mater how good your secondaries are, if you don't have some pressure up front, the best corner or safty in the league can be beat.
The Colts secondaries are average at best. But now they will look good thanks to the signing of Corey Simon. They just upgraded their defense to a top 10 D.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #11
Diehardtexan
Veteran

From what I heard here in Cincinnati, The Bengals wanted him really bad and were going to offer him more than the Colts. But he sees his chances at a superbowl better with Indy than with Cincy. They reported it here as a done deal.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
They just upgraded their defense to a top 10 D.
I wouldnt go that far. They may have made themselves to 25-20 D but there are still to many holes to be top 10.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

This spells the way out for Edgerrin James and Reggie Wayne next year.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Not the news I wanted to hear this morning, or any morning for that matter. I just think this solidifies our loss to them twice a year...

JMHO
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Not the news I wanted to hear this morning, or any morning for that matter. I just think this solidifies our loss to them twice a year...

JMHO
I dont think so. He is lazy and injury prone and wont be surronded with the defensive talent Philly had. He will have to work harder in a different system and we have to wait and see.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #16
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Simon

The Colts are getting better. They are going to sign Simon. When are the Texans going to make a significant move to get better? Aren't there a couple of decent #2 WRs out there?
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #17
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
Aren't there a couple of decent #2 WRs out there?
Not without the ego or baggage that comes along with their demand for salary and lack of team player mentality. besides, we are already deep at WR. We need to trim down there and I dont' think any of the available guys would be an upgrade to our core.... unless the Texans insist on holding on to Bradford.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we are deep at wr because none of them so far stand out as a really good #2 wr.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #19
touttail
All Pro

Come on Casserly, get a good #2 man to get them off of Dre's back.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #20
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
The Colts are getting better. They are going to sign Simon. When are the Texans going to make a significant move to get better? Aren't there a couple of decent #2 WRs out there?
Where did they find caproom when paying Manning and Harrison huge contracts, and then paying Edge? I see the Indianapolis Titans coming up if they sign him. Just a thought.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read