Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2005   #21
The Preacher
Veteran

Chris Cooley lines up at fullback for the skins regularly so why not. Put a big body there to block it makes sense. As for Hollings I wonder what he thinks considering he's never played rb much in his life. He must question himself constantly putting even more pressure on himself to perform.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Hollings can go without it affecting our depth.

Morency might make "rookie mistakes" as one poster claims, but I'll take his ability to break a big run every now and then over the other times when he might make a "rookie mistake" and tryo to cut when he should turn up field, etc.

A rookie has no way of getting around rookie mistakes, it's just part of the first year experience.

After two years of Hollings not living up to the hype of our FO...I think it's time to give someone else (Morency) the chance at being the 2 HB.

If he isn't cut, I won't think it to be a HUGE mistake. But, it's the right call to cut him this year if you ask me. If there's any way to put him on some sort of practice squad or PUP...that'd be OK, too. Can only one player be on the PUP, or is there a limit? I forget. Anyway, I am not in favor of keeping him on the active roster because we need to retain as many receivers as possible with the amount of good receivers we have had this offseason.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Hollings should go to Europe!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #24
Buzz
Veteran

It looks like the Eagles might want to get Hollings as a backup. I say let them have him. It would be nice if we could get something in return though.

Last edited by Buzz; 08-31-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #25
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
It looks like the Eagles want to get Hollings as a backup. I say let them have him. It would be nice if we could get something for him though.
I think if you cut a player, and dont trade him for a pick or another player, then you get a compensation pick from the league.

Im not sure how the formula is used, but I think if you loose a couple of guys, and dont get any back for them, then you get more comp picks.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #26
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Where did you here this??
It's basically a rumor right now, the kind of "a source close to the team" thing. I changed that last post to say "might" since I can't find a link on it.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I think if you cut a player, and dont trade him for a pick or another player, then you get a compensation pick from the league.

Im not sure how the formula is used, but I think if you loose a couple of guys, and dont get any back for them, then you get more comp picks.
It only works for FA's. Cutting people doesn't lead to any compensation.
Old 08-31-2005   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Grid is correct on this one . By the looks of the roster Hollings most likely will be staying .... much to the dismay of MANY on this board ..... me included .
Hollings is listed as 3rd on the depth chart ahead of both Morency and Adam Matthews . With Wells as the primary back-up at both RB and FB one injury could make the team quite thin at both positions ....
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #29
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency needs to be the #2 RB, move Wells to #3 RB and #2 FB and he still contributes with special teams. Wells has turned out to be one versatile guy..
Old 08-31-2005   #30
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure wouldn't worry about this coaching staff giving Hollings 20 carries while Wells and Morency sit on the bench.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #31
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It looks like the Eagles might want to get Hollings as a backup. I say let them have him. It would be nice if we could get something in return though.
YES! We can package him with Banks and/or Ragone for McNabb. Big Dave would be a major upgrade at backup QB.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
I sure wouldn't worry about this coaching staff giving Hollings 20 carries while Wells and Morency sit on the bench.

Im with you on this one ......Not a chance .... I doubt he will get two carries all season as long as DD , Wells and Morency are healthy .
Old 08-31-2005   #33
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reported today on WIP radio, Philly sports talk station. The guy reporting is about 50/50 in knowing what he is talking about. I did hear the report when it was given, but no one else (tv, papers) have said anything about Hollings.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #34
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Hollings would be a downgrade from Ryan Moats, but whatever. Maybe we could get a decent lineman in a trade.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

After this 3rd quarter fumble .... I think his fate is sealed . Get ready to get cut Tony Hollings
Old 09-01-2005   #36
AndreJ
All Pro

he's got to go...there is no way in hell anyone can even attempt to make an argument for keeping him...I've seen little leaguers rack up more yards than him.
Old 09-01-2005   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"Morency needs to be the #2 RB, move Wells to #3 RB and #2 FB and he still contributes with special teams. Wells has turned out to be one versatile guy.."

-- Texan 279

------------------------------------------------

Agreed.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #38
touttail
All Pro

Hollings stunk bad last night, tripped on the turf, and had a fumble. I say cut him.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #39
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
After this 3rd quarter fumble .... I think his fate is sealed . Get ready to get cut Tony Hollings
Agreed, he's Gone... He was injured and now fumbled... he is making it too easy for the coaching staff.
Old 09-02-2005   #40
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye
Agreed, he's Gone... He was injured and now fumbled... he is making it too easy for the coaching staff.
It's about time they bounce his butt. Admit he's a bust and move on.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read