Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2005   #21
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

Price gets my vote as our #2.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #22
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

i was hoping we would get him instead of Atl. when Buf. released him a few years ago. I thought, 2 good years under his belt, not yet all pro, great team player @ a great price.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #23
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
Price would be a HUGE upgrade and is only looking for $2 million a year according to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com.
If it only costs a million more, then why not take a shot on the guy? And if Parcells wants him because he used to play with Bledsoe, and won't get him, then we can rub it in if he does well
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #24
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
Where did you read that???
That was the write up in NFL.com when they reported his release.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #25
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you know to me price and warrick are the same thing...undersized and with warrick constantly hurt...price did have one good year with buffalo...the only problem i have is bringing him in would almost definetly cause the release of sloan thomas and i for one think if he is given the chance he could turn some heads this season...i want him doing that as a texan not as a member of another team
Old 08-30-2005   #26
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
If it only costs a million more, then why not take a shot on the guy? And if Parcells wants him because he used to play with Bledsoe, and won't get him, then we can rub it in if he does well
I honestly think this would be a great move. With Gafney questionable for opening day wouldnt it be great to have Aj on one side, peerless on the other and Mathis in the slot.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #27
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
I honestly think this would be a great move. With Gafney questionable for opening day wouldnt it be great to have Aj on one side, peerless on the other and Mathis in the slot.
that lineup is scary!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2005   #28
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Price is going to have options and I doubt that he would choose Houston when he could potentially be a #1 guy somewhere else.

I wonder if Tennessee is kicking themselves for signing Troy Edwards so quickly.

My money is on San Diego. Or Baltimore.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #29
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Price is going to have options and I doubt that he would choose Houston when he could potentially be a #1 guy somewhere else.

I wonder if Tennessee is kicking themselves for signing Troy Edwards so quickly.

My money is on San Diego. Or Baltimore.
The guy is a #2 reciever. He will be no one's #1 guy.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #30
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
The guy is a #2 reciever. He will be no one's #1 guy.
You're missing the point. He THINKS that he can be a #1 and that will probably influence his decision.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #31
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not saying we should sign Price but I can understand why he did not do well in Atlanta with Vick at QB.
Old 08-30-2005   #32
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
You're missing the point. He THINKS that he can be a #1 and that will probably influence his decision.
I don't know. I think that he might have learned from his experience in Atlanta. I think that he might go to a team with a great #1 so that he could prove he can still be productive.
I don't think that we should hold on to guys that "could" be productive when there are guys who "are" productive available.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #33
TexAntagonise
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexAntagonise Send a message via MSN to TexAntagonise

It does sound nice to have him across from AJ. But not going to happen. Someone else said that he would probably go to the Eagles, I agree. Eagles just freed up some money by removing the tag off of DE Corey Simon. It would be a good fit for him, being a #2 with Owens on the other side. Also Eagles run the “west Coast” offence, like Atlanta. Also do you think Price would LOVE to meet the Falcons in the NFC title game.
TexAntagonise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #34
Davis37
All Pro

I wouldnt mind seeing Price in a Texans jersey, but I dont think its gonna happen.
Old 08-31-2005   #35
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really, UNLESS he clears waivers. If someone claims him off of waivers then in all likelyhood he goes to that team. I doubt the Texans will even get a shot at him. I would bet that someone will claim him before the Texans get the chance.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #36
Derek
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Derek Send a message via Yahoo to Derek

Well if you're thinking about Troy Edwards, too bad because my Titans already signed him! Although I gotta say I rather have had a shot at Peter Warrick or maybe Peerless Price.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #37
willy
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to willy

I agree with jacquescas. Price is not a bad wideout, but Vick is maybe one of the most overrated players in the game. Price didnt have in Atlanta the numbers that had in Buffalo, but Vick doesnt know how to pass...!

Willy
Old 08-31-2005   #38
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Not really, UNLESS he clears waivers. If someone claims him off of waivers then in all likelyhood he goes to that team. I doubt the Texans will even get a shot at him. I would bet that someone will claim him before the Texans get the chance.
The odds are between slim and none on someone picking him off waivers because that means picking up his current contract. True all the signing bonus goes on Atlanta's cap, but it still has large back end salaries.
Old 08-31-2005   #39
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Greg Favors a MLB or Outside LB? I think that would be a real good pick up. I wonder how come he didn't make it in Jville though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005   #40
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be 100% for this if he was coming in at the start of TC. Now with the season opener a little over 1 week away im only at 70% due to the fact that he would be learning our offense from scratch. I think Atlanta is a wasting pool for WR due to the supiror Running back in the league. To bad hes their QB.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read