Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2005   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Another Wideout?

Anyone thinking we might pick up another wide out. Honestly i'd like to see us pick up Peerless Price and dump Bradford. Bradford only has a 1 year deal so there will be no cap hit. Price showed in Buffalo that he can be a very good number 2 reciever. It was in atlanta with the unorthodox Vick and when he was asked to be the teams number 1 option where he had issues.

IF he could come in on a resonable contract for a jettisoned player he could really help us out and allow Mathis to spend a year as the number 4 wideout before being thrown into the fray. But i think the eagles will jump on him.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I believe were good on the wideout spot but then again dropping bradford and scooping price sounds like a good idea to me.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #3
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

Default Peerless Price

Release Bradford, pick up Price. What do you think. Bradford has done nothing his entire carreer for us.
twinkletwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #4
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

what exactly has price done?
Old 08-30-2005   #5
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

He was great for a couple years in Buffalo. Mike Vick is not a pocket passer, and I think that hurt Price as a slot guy. But with AJ (playing the role of a better Moulds) I think Price could do some good here. He has to better than Bradford. Considering the success he has had with Bledsoe I bet Dallas signs him.
twinkletwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

I agree we need to take price. However I disagree with "bradford hasnt done anything". Hes been a good secondary receiver to get too just he hasnt performed like AJ. I think letting go of bradford could be a smart idea however I beleive if we do that we need to use that cap room to either A. Get price or B. pick up another addition for our offensive line or even corey simon for our defense since he is now free...I guess we will see what happens.
Old 08-30-2005   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
I agree we need to take price. However I disagree with "bradford hasnt done anything". Hes been a good secondary receiver to get too just he hasnt performed like AJ. I think letting go of bradford could be a smart idea however I beleive if we do that we need to use that cap room to either A. Get price or B. pick up another addition for our offensive line or even corey simon for our defense since he is now free...I guess we will see what happens.
I dont remember the exact figure, but releasing Bradford isnt going to give you almost no extra cap room.

Price is one of those WRs who is fit to be a number 2. He had to be the number 1 in Atlanta and it didnt work. When he was behind Moulds, he went crazy. I doubt we pick him up for a couple of reasons. Other teams can offer more money and he probably would like to go to a contender. I wouldnt mind him, but I'm not worrying over not getting him.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2005   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I've said this plenty of times...

Price as a #2 WR = sick...ask Eric Moulds how much he (Price) helped him

94 rec, over 1200 yds in 2002...put him w/ AJ = success
Old 08-30-2005   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont really want him. we have a lot of recievers as it is.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

Good input. Now that I think about it Bradford is only signed to a 1 year 1$ million dollar contract therefore it wouldnt open any cap room. As for Price I dont beleive we will get him either. I see him going to Dallas.
Old 08-30-2005   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Good input. Now that I think about it Bradford is only signed to a 1 year 1$ million dollar contract therefore it wouldnt open any cap room. As for Price I dont beleive we will get him either. I see him going to Dallas.

Yep Dallas loves taking guys past their prime hoping they will revert to their old form. Testaverde, Bledsoe, Glenn, K. Johnson, etc.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #12
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Peerless is only 28, he just needs a good reciever across from him, which Dallas doesnt really have. I think Philly would be a good fit for him.
Old 08-30-2005   #13
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Yep Dallas loves taking guys past their prime hoping they will revert to their old form. Testaverde, Bledsoe, Glenn, K. Johnson, etc.
Are you just crazy or just don't know football??? Price is ONLY 29 years old and we need a #2 receiver. The only reason why he hasn't put the same numbers up as he did in Buffalo is because Vick is a run 1st QB.

I think it would be stupid not to go out and try to get this guy. He would take some pressure away from Andre and open up the middle of the field for the running game.

Price would be a HUGE upgrade and is only looking for $2 million a year according to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com. So if you ask me, Bradford for a million and his 8 year career and his numbers of 167 total catches, 2746 total yards and 20 total TD or Price and his $2 million and his 7 years and 341 total catches, 4715 total yards and 28 TD. I'm taking Price and I hope the Texans do too!!!!!!!!

texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It sounds as if people would rather have the guys we got now instead of someone who possesses better skills and experience than who we have now except for Johnson of course.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #15
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
It sounds as if people would rather have the guys we got now instead of someone who possesses better skills and experience than who we have now except for Johnson of course.
Thats just people not understanding football.
Old 08-30-2005   #16
Diehardtexan
Veteran

His last words as he left the parking lot at the the Falcons practice facilities was: " I hate you all"

Do you really want a guy like that to be on your team?
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #17
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
His last words as he left the parking lot at the the Falcons practice facilities was: " I hate you all"
Where did you read that???
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #18
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

us football fans aren't going to just accept on someones word something like that from on whos been mostly quiet in his carreer. we need resources! even if he said that, i wouldn't blame him. how much would you hate being a WR to aimless vick all this time?
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #19
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan

Do you really want a guy like that to be on your team?
OK i am now on the Bandwagon for wanting to get this guy on the Texans.

I have read on the Falcons MB that he said "I hate y'all", but he said it to all the media that was swarming him a few minutes after he had been fired.

Most of the Falcons fans are calling him a hard worker and a good team player, a true #2 reciever in need of a passing QB not a running QB and far from Classless.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #20
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
OK i am now on the Bandwagon for wanting to get this guy on the Texans.

I have read on the Falcons MB that he said "I hate y'all", but he said it to all the media that was swarming him a few minutes after he had been fired.

Most of the Falcons fans are calling him a hard worker and a good team player, a true #2 reciever in need of a passing QB not a running QB and far from Classless.

Thank you and I agree with you!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read