Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2005   #1
DB32
Rookie

Default Convert me !!

I'm a Broncos fan. So convert me (no sarcasm, no joke). Pretend I'm a pagan NFL beleiver without direction. I'm serious. Bear with me, I'll explain.

I'm a huge football fan. I live this stuff-literally. DB32 is my position and number of my semi-pro team that I used to play for-and am still proud of my association to 'em. I used to coach a team in northeast Ohio. I wanted to add pages of the playbooks that I own of NFL coaches-because I greatly admire their work-to a signiture. I've made great pains to learn the as much about the game as I can. I love it. I love it, love it. Coaching clinics, debates about formation strength vs. formation imbalance-all that stuff.

And the Texans have gotten my attention in a BIG way. Andre Johsnon's the best receiver in the NFL. David Carr should have pro-bowl appearances by now. I've come to love the draft as a fix for not bein' able to play it. And do the Texans ever draft well. Antwan Peek, Jason Babin and so many others. Wow does this team have talent. And I wanna be a Texans fan. I spend every Sunday at a sports bar soakin' up as many games as I can. I always make a point to watch the Texans because they always draft players I covet. So I watch to see how they fare. I've grown to enjoy this team greatly and complain about the same things you do. Example;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
[/i]
The Offense has one glaring weakness and his name is Chris Palmer...
I feel the same way Breaze. So, now's your chance. Convert me and knock out what's left of this mindless loyalty I have to the Denver Broncos.
DB32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #2
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

I feel the same way Breaze. So, now's your chance. Convert me and knock out what's left of this mindless loyalty I have to the Denver Broncos.[/quote]

Sounds like you dont need anymore convincing...welcome to the fan base of one of the best young up and coming teams in the NFL.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #3
DB32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
Sounds like you dont need anymore convincing...welcome to the fan base of one of the best young up and coming teams in the NFL.
Thank you-though I didn't mention, I love the efforts put forth by the owner too. He wants a winner.
Old 08-29-2005   #4
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

For starters you won't run into very many Fair Weather Texans fans. Why? because as an expansion franchise we haven't seen much Fair weather.

Yeah the Texans draft picks have been awesome. Did you mention Dunta Robinson.

Here are some small things that I enjoy:

-The Texans are undefeated when wearing Battle Red.
-Reliant Stadium is awesome and is loud as hell.
-The Texans are an extremely high revenue team....if the salary cap ever goes away they are going to be the Yankees of the AFC (as they are the Highest Revenue team in the AFC)
-Young playmakers on both sides of the ball.
-The Texans are creating their history now and not resting on the accomplishments of past players and teams *cough* Elway *cough*
-Great owner....can't speak for the Broncos but I know the owner of the Former Houston Oilers sucked the big one.
-Huge scouting department....maybe the biggest in the league. This might explain the good draft picks.
- Quality GM and Coach who really understand building a franchise.
-Team consantly improving.

---I love this team.---
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #5
DB32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
For starters you won't run into very many Fair Weather Texans fans. Why? because as an expansion franchise we haven't seen much Fair weather.

Yeah the Texans draft picks have been awesome. Did you mention Dunta Robinson.

Here are some small things that I enjoy:

-The Texans are undefeated when wearing Battle Red.
-Reliant Stadium is awesome and is loud as hell.
-The Texans are an extremely high revenue team....if the salary cap ever goes away they are going to be the Yankees of the AFC (as they are the Highest Revenue team in the AFC)
-Young playmakers on both sides of the ball.
-The Texans are creating their history now and not resting on the accomplishments of past players and teams *cough* Elway *cough*
-Great owner....can't speak for the Broncos but I know the owner of the Former Houston Oilers sucked the big one.
-Huge scouting department....maybe the biggest in the league. This might explain the good draft picks.
- Quality GM and Coach who really understand building a franchise.
-Team consantly improving.

---I love this team.---
You're not kiddin' about that owner. He's really puttin' forth the effort to put together a winner. Since I'm new, I'm gonna' ask, what're the problems everyone beleives to be? Me, Coach Palmer needs to either become more flexible, or find a better fit for himself. Defensively, let those kids play. And they've done that. They cut the planet and got those young guys Peek and Babin on the field. Let 'em play. Peek especially. that guys one of the more gifted defenders I've EVER seen. He smacks of Julian Peterson.
Old 08-30-2005   #6
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

You get to play the Jaguars at least twice a year...
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #7
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
You get to play the Jaguars at least twice a year...
*beat the Jaguars atleast twice a year.
Old 08-30-2005   #8
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
if the salary cap ever goes away
Not even funny!
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

DB32 welcome to the board. As mentioned above, sounds like you already don't need the "conversion" as you've pretty much already jumped in the steel blue waters with as much as you're following the TEXANS.

If you're wanting the full-blown conversion and to dismiss all past Bronco relations, this would probably be the last season to join up in relation to the "ground floor" as this year will most likely be the one the TEXANS make "the turn" and while possible to make the playoffs, I'm thinking more just their first winning season and then even greater goals in the following years.

Broncos are interesting, but with their recent acquisation of the Browns... I think someone in the organization has lost a few cards out of their deck. It seems their not built for the long term, but not quite the short fixes other teams look for. TEXANS on the other hand, though not progressing as fast as some fans would prefer, they're taking steps in the right direction... and building a good foundation for the long term - or so it seems.

The one knock, true - is the offense. I think the coordinators are just now coming to the realization that you need to mold your planning around the players / team strengths and not trying to force something the team cannot accomplish at this time. But man, I think we're SO close....

So, if you can handle some growing pains and enjoy seeing your baby work into it's toddler phase and grow even more mature... there's a team out there for ya.

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read