Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-29-2005   #1
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Default Colts Cap

Anyone know where exactly the Colts are in there cap, we have heard the past few years how eventually the Colts were going to fall out, because of the cap problems they will be in. So when will we see it happen. When will this division be the Texans and the Jags to run. (Texans more than the Jags though) ... Or is it just one of those things that we keep thinking is going to happen, and never does. I am really tired about hearing how good the colts are, and how they own this division, I can't wait til they pull a Tennessee Titan's and have to strip down their entire roster
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #2
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
Anyone know where exactly the Colts are in there cap, we have heard the past few years how eventually the Colts were going to fall out, because of the cap problems they will be in. So when will we see it happen. When will this division be the Texans and the Jags to run. (Texans more than the Jags though) ... Or is it just one of those things that we keep thinking is going to happen, and never does. I am really tired about hearing how good the colts are, and how they own this division, I can't wait til they pull a Tennessee Titan's and have to strip down their entire roster
They will prolly' hit Salary Cap h3ll next offseason...

Seriously, I don't see them even winning the division this season...Yea...You guessed it...I beleive the Jags will!
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #3
Derek
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Derek Send a message via Yahoo to Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
They will prolly' hit Salary Cap h3ll next offseason...

Seriously, I don't see them even winning the division this season...Yea...You guessed it...I beleive the Jags will!
No way.. David Carr will have a magnificent year, but not as amazing as McNair's years. Titans will take back the division title.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

The homers have converged...

Oh yea...Houston goes 16-0..and wins every Super Bowl for the rest of...forever.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #5
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Yeah, well they're gonna have to figure out a way to beat the Texans first.
TMac48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
No way.. David Carr will have a magnificent year, but not as amazing as McNair's years. Titans will take back the division title.
They are in cap h3ll NOW! They are pulling bones from all over Mcnairs body so he can put them in his chest. How are they gonna take home the title? I think Jags or
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
Anyone know where exactly the Colts are in there cap, we have heard the past few years how eventually the Colts were going to fall out, because of the cap problems they will be in. So when will we see it happen.
I haven't seen a long term cap projection which is what is needed to really look at their situation. Because of the goofy ways contracts are written now, teams can go from $5 mil under and looking rosy this year to projected $25 mil over next year and needing to cut half the team. You can see they are already feeling the cap constraints though, letting Pollard go as a FA, not getting a deal done with Edge, and not playing at all in free agency.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read