Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2005   #21
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I was about to blow a gasket when I saw Banks come in however. I mean good grief, Carr and 1st string need to get on the same page and they are not getting enough reps to do it. They looked out of synch when they were put into long yardage positions.
Definately agree with you on that. I would have liked to see Carr and the 1st team offense come out and play at least a series or two in the second half.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #22
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
We DID look terrible. Period.

Fool yourself all you want. We looked awful, and I hope it doesn't continue into the regular season.

Almost 100% of all previous Super Bowl champs had a winning preseason.
NOT!!! most of Super Bowl teams have had losing seasons New England was 1-3 last season ansd yet they won it all...preaseason like a Cowboys team is OVERRATED.
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #23
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Interesting take on the game from the Cowboys perspective. Seems that they were determined to play some hard-nosed football while the Texans were more concerned with not getting hurt.

That was a beating out there...
The Cowboys fans were doing that at halftime, I told one when he kept talking about the score told him "yeah a lot of teams win games at halftime"

here was my response to the so-called journalist

What you might want to do when regain your faculties is watch how Roy Williams got away with using his helmet as a WEAPON not once no not even twice but THREE times. Cowboys so proud during 3rd quarter break they went to commercial showing him using his helmet. Not to worry I advised Mike Periera to look @ the game film and look at Mr. Williams style of play. I guess since they won't let him break anymore legs he has to find a new way of playing dirty...oh well once a Sooner always a Sooner BTW with an offense that went 0-8 on crucial 3rd downs I would be more concerned with your O then running your mouth
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #24
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Definately agree with you on that. I would have liked to see Carr and the 1st team offense come out and play at least a series or two in the second half.

Last year the offense underwent more change in the preseason: Wand, Wade, Pitts, Bruener, were all new or starting at new positions. In addition, we went to a different blocking scheme. Despite that, the 1st team offense was treated identically last preseason as they are this year. If you recall, the offense was dramatically better than in 2003... It was especially good the first 7 games- when Carr was among the league leaders in QB rating.

You'd be calling for coaches heads right now if Carr blew out his knee with 9 minutes to go in the third quarter.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #25
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
NOT!!! most of Super Bowl teams have had losing seasons New England was 1-3 last season ansd yet they won it all...preaseason like a Cowboys team is OVERRATED.
Its not how many you won or lost in the preseason, its how you looked. In other words does it look like the team is coming together and gelling. I think in the case of the Texans the answer is no, except for 1 area and that is special teams. Yes, there have been penalties, but as a whole they our showing a lot of potential. You can not say that for the rest of the team. Right now, I would say our defense is in for a long year and so is the offense.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #26
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Its not how many you won or lost in the preseason, its how you looked. In other words does it look like the team is coming together and gelling. I think in the case of the Texans the answer is no, except for 1 area and that is special teams. Yes, there have been penalties, but as a whole they our showing a lot of potential. You can not say that for the rest of the team. Right now, I would say our defense is in for a long year and so is the offense.

You can't see the improvement in the running game? Weigert didn't play on Saturday and yet Davis had big holes to run through and there was no penetration. The first two preseason games, also, our run blocking was somewhere between good and dominant. You watch. We will have one of the 4 or 5 best rushing offenses in the NFL this year- barring significant injuries.

Defensively, we may struggle early. There's been a lot of change. However, I bet we finish the season ranked a lot higher than last year (23). It looks like our Dline is playing much better and it also looks like we have some better depth at S and at OLB.

For the same reason I mentioned with the defense, the passing game on offense may struggle early as well- a lot has changed: LT and also a philosophical change that Carr and the receivers need to adjust to. However, again, by midseason they'll be reaping the rewards for it. When Carr is healthy and not jittery because he's getting sacked 5 times a game, he'll finish as strong as he began last season. Plus, with the strength of the running game and the addition of JMathis, I'm looking forward to the dilemna other defenses will be facing against us:

1. put 8 in the box to slow down our run game?
2. rotate a S to double AJ?
3. rotate a S to double Mathis on those fly patterns?
Old 08-30-2005   #27
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
The Cowboys fans were doing that at halftime, I told one when he kept talking about the score told him "yeah a lot of teams win games at halftime"

here was my response to the so-called journalist

What you might want to do when regain your faculties is watch how Roy Williams got away with using his helmet as a WEAPON not once no not even twice but THREE times. Cowboys so proud during 3rd quarter break they went to commercial showing him using his helmet. Not to worry I advised Mike Periera to look @ the game film and look at Mr. Williams style of play. I guess since they won't let him break anymore legs he has to find a new way of playing dirty...oh well once a Sooner always a Sooner BTW with an offense that went 0-8 on crucial 3rd downs I would be more concerned with your O then running your mouth

If the Cowboys waived Roy Williams today EVERY single team would be salivating trying to find a way to fit him on their team. The guy has amazing skills and he had the same skills at OU. I don't like the Sooners but I bet if you asked Mac he'd tell you he's thankful Roy is long gone.

Last edited by WWJD; 08-30-2005 at 06:56 AM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2005   #28
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Look we'll take care of Dallas for ya, nobody beats the crap out of our division rival and gets away with it.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Look we'll take care of Dallas for ya, nobody beats the crap out of our division rival and gets away with it.

This actually made me laugh ..... Ladies , dont let no cowgirls whoop yer man
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #30
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
The positives i saw were no sacks on the 1st unit.
Riley gave up a sack to their rookie Demarcus Ware..Riley is our starting LT.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #31
SESupergenius

I think the gameplanning against the Texans is too easy. Just look at what Dallas picked up on, rush 4-5 guys and back off everyone else. We can't seem to handle that. many teams used that against us last year, it's the cover 2's MO.
Old 08-30-2005   #32
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
Ware tackled Carr as he ran to the line of scrimmage. Ware didn't have pressure on him and was blocked. When Carr ran forward, he left the protection of Riley's block. The play could easily have been scored a Carr run for 0 yards.
Old 08-30-2005   #33
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
Yea I don't really call that a sack either, Carr was right at the line of scrimmage and really was more a tackle behind the line of scrimmage than a sack. I always picture a sack where a defender gets the QB when he's behind his line, not when the QB is in front of it
Old 08-30-2005   #34
salinaspaul
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 salinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVP

DFAN:

[img]http://www.bluestarboys.com/Gallery/GTeague.jpg[img/]

Try typing "[/img]" instead of "[img/]" to close your image reference. That should make it work.

Although I've done that and still have trouble getting mine on...
Old 08-30-2005   #35
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
I missed you in DullAss. I really wanted to meet you after all these years. If you are ever in H-Town, let me know.
You were there!? Holy cow, man...speak up. I knew most of y'all were sitting in Section 4 but because I got there late (missed the tailgating...obviously) I waited 'till halftime to come over. I tried calling gr8t's cell phone then common sense set in on the chances of him even hearing it ring.

Next best solution: Look for Preston's helmet. Took me all of a minute to see him outside the ramp. Soon after, gr8t comes walking up. But alas, we only had a minute or two to chat before the 2nd half started up.

But I'm already making plans for the game next year (here or there).
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #36
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
You'd be calling for coaches heads right now if Carr blew out his knee with 9 minutes to go in the third quarter.
Actually I wouldn't. I don't recall ever calling for the coaches head in any of my posts so I don't see where you get that from. Carr and the 1st teamers deserved a chance at redeeming themselves. Injuries go hand in hand with this game, but there's a balance. You've got to gauge the risk with the reward. IMO It would be worthwhile to make adjustments and allow the 1st team a series or two to correct their mistakes. Carr could have just as easily been injured on the first series of the game as the first series of the second half. With the way the OLine was protecting him against the Cowboys I don't see how an additional series or two would've been that much of a risk.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #37
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

This is all retarded. The simple fact is dallas won. Give them there credit. They played a good game and we played a ****ty one. We've won in the past and now it was there turn. Good luck to both dallas and houston this year. However Im on the houston side We will see what happens in the regular season. My favorite quote which has been sad 413 times is the fact that it was a PRE-SEASON Game. Who knows if our starters could have came back or not. From what I remember last season we always started off slow but came back.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #38
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Interesting take on the game from the Cowboys perspective. Seems that they were determined to play some hard-nosed football while the Texans were more concerned with not getting hurt.

That was a beating out there...

They played to not get hurt? By playing like sissies and leaving yourself vulnerable to our hard hitting secondary? Nice logic.

Didn't we have like 6 good shots on your receivers/ tight ends?

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #39
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!

Didn't we have like 6 good shots on your receivers/ tight ends?
We? Dont you mean Dallas? Remember guy, you are not on the team, although you might fantasize about it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #40
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
although you might fantasize about it.
I do everday.....

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read