Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys reaction to game with attitude.

Interesting take on the game from the Cowboys perspective. Seems that they were determined to play some hard-nosed football while the Texans were more concerned with not getting hurt.

That was a beating out there...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #2
Demon
Rookie

You know what? A preseason game is a practice game. Whatever. Let's see where we end in January.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #3
HoustonHarley
Rookie

I use to Like Roy Jones...errrr Williams, despite being a Sooner and Cowboy. Those are two huge strikes against him in my book. After watching the game Saturday, he came off as an egotistical dirty player to me. It is fine to knock someones head off or attempt to while playing agressive D. It is dirty to get up and talk sh!t, walk on them or knee them in the head. I hope someone takes him out for that kind of crap with the same dirty sh!t that he does. Too bad it couldn't have happened the other night.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, waayyy too many people walking up to me today talking trash about the Texans over a freakin' preseason game!

"What happened to your Texans?"

"Man, the Cowboys really whooped up on your Texans!!"

"Your Texans looked like crap."

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Old 08-29-2005   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We DID look terrible. Period.

Fool yourself all you want. We looked awful, and I hope it doesn't continue into the regular season.

Almost 100% of all previous Super Bowl champs had a winning preseason.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Can't be 100% when the Patriots were 1-4 last year. They were talking smack about a pre-season game. That's lame.
Something like 14 out of the last 15 champions have had winning preseasons.

Winning begets winning. It's an attitude as much as it is talent or coaching.
Old 08-29-2005   #7
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Having tripped it up for the game this weekend in Dallas and going to watch it at Texas Stadium I figured I might get a better look at the team than what ive seen in practice or all this off-season. Ive been to several practices and both scrimmages with Broncos and Raiders so I figured this game with the starters playing the first half it would be a nice glimpse as to what we have to come.

Suffice to say - I was pretty dissapointed about the "Debacle in Dallas" this weekend. Fights[ multiple ], Penalties all over the place [several from the starters] not to mention the offense forgetting to show up at all and looking bad all night. Lack of focus is how I could best describe it. Dropped passes, missed coverages, broken plays, lost routes and never competing for the ball on any particular play. Hell AJ dropped his first 3 balls - all in his hands and took him several more attempts just to manage a paltry 35 yds on the day.

Was everybody having a bad day?? Was this a fluke game or more of a real measuring stick. Somebody better get this team to wake up.

If this is what Charlie, Dom and Co thinks will motivate the team and is what they are intending to put on the field in 2 weeks - I'm not impressed at all. I certainly hope they perform a whole lot better when the minutes count in 2 weeks against the Bills.
Old 08-29-2005   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

The point of this post is simple... even though it was a preseason game, the Cowboys' defense came out headhunting. That's how football is played, 90% attitude and the rest talent and coaching.

Let's look at the Patriots for example. They don't have the best talent in the NFL necessarily, but they strap up and come to play every game, be it preseason, regular season or post-season. They bring the wood coupled with the attitude and just win.

This team will not win until they learn how to impose their will on their opponent. There's too much of a "take what the opponent gives us" attitude... IMO.
Old 08-29-2005   #9
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Man, waayyy too many people walking up to me today talking trash about the Texans over a freakin' preseason game!

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Same thing was done to me last year when the Texans won the game. I actually had to leave a bar that night because it got so out of hand so don't act like Texans fans dont do the same.

As far as the original post. I saw interviews with Texans players before the game and they were hyped up to.
Old 08-29-2005   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans lost to a terrible Bengals team two years ago and to a Cleveland team that was going nowhere in last year's last game. They have had these games before. Let Dallas feel good about themselves.

This was thier Super Bowl, apparently, at least as close as they are going to get.

When they play a team that is on thier game and get behind, who is bringing them back? Bledsoe? That is when you will see the real Drew (INT) Bledsoe.
Old 08-29-2005   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
Same thing was done to me last year when the Texans won the game. I actually had to leave a bar that night because it got so out of hand so don't act like Texans fans dont do the same.
ummm, and booze had absolutely nothing to do with it, either.

Thank you, Brando, for posting some sense into this thread.

While I wouldn't mind seeing our team win everytime, getting worked up over a meaningless game is an exorcise in futility.

Talk to me on September 12.
Old 08-29-2005   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't phase me what he says.. I know we talk to the talk too at times. Even with Williams talking ,he backed it up (as he usually does).. I see nothing wrong with that. BTW it wasn't like they blew us out in the 1st half.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #13
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
ummm, and booze had absolutely nothing to do with it, either.

Thank you, Brando, for posting some sense into this thread.

While I wouldn't mind seeing our team win everytime, getting worked up over a meaningless game is an exorcise in futility.

Talk to me on September 12.

Yes the booze had a lot to do with it. Not the next day though. I still heard it the next day.
Old 08-29-2005   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Let Dallas feel good about themselves.

This was thier Super Bowl, apparently, at least as close as they are going to get.
Noooooo, and a thousand times no! If the game had any other meaning than an afternoon out at a preseason game and reunite with fellow fans, then the stadium would have been full. Good grief, it was hot! It was a nice game, good to see the Boyz and get Aaron Glenn's autograph (dang I didn't realize he was that small), and a nice way to get the excitement going for Sept. 11. Go Cowboys -- Go Texans!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Let Dallas feel good about themselves.

Our fans weren't the ones taking polls on whether or not our head coach should go after our pre-season loss to Arizona.

And seeing how 26% says he should go, you can't really chalk it up to the ramblings of one fan.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #16
Texas_Heat
Veteran

I was pissed at the way they played in that game, but it was only a pre-season game and I had forgotten about it and moved on Till I got the same thing said to me

I just had to laugh and think How far the Cowboys have fallen now their Fans get excited over pre-season wins.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #17
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Our fans weren't the ones taking polls on whether or not our head coach should go after our pre-season loss to Arizona.

And seeing how 26% says he should go, you can't really chalk it up to the ramblings of one fan.
I missed you in DullAss. I really wanted to meet you after all these years. If you are ever in H-Town, let me know.
Old 08-29-2005   #18
SESupergenius

The penalties and missed catches/aiming made this game pretty bad, and very hard to watch. I did however see a some very good things from the offense and defense the 1st couple of series. I was about to blow a gasket when I saw Banks come in however. I mean good grief, Carr and 1st string need to get on the same page and they are not getting enough reps to do it. They looked out of synch when they were put into long yardage positions.
Old 08-29-2005   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I mean good grief, Carr and 1st string need to get on the same page and they are not getting enough reps to do it. They looked out of synch when they were put into long yardage positions.
This is something that I have not seen addressed. In every preseason game that I've watched so far the starting offenses have taken a lot more reps than the Texans'. God knows they need the work.

Considering that they play two of the NFL's best defenses in the first two games, this doesn't make much sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get off to a slow start offensively... again.
Old 08-29-2005   #20
SESupergenius

The positives i saw were no sacks on the 1st unit. Good running by DD and oline, open recievers and great special teams play. Defense held but then got torched by Bledsoe, but Peek showed he can step it up.

The negatives were penalties, obviously, panicy offense once they were put in long yardage, Seth Wand, Tony Hollings, Travis Johnson were all lame.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read