Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2005   #21
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

i'm actually surprised i haven't seen this, in any threads, yet...

andre had three dropped balls last night (if i remember correctly), yet it's carr's 5.7 passer rating we're talking about. not to mention matt murphy's drop which led to an interception. so why no "trade andre"/"we NEED a legitimate recieving threat" threads yet? of course i know it was an off night for 'dre, i'd be surprised if he has more than five dropped balls all through the coming season, but i think it's a good indicator of how these "realist's" make it a point to see things the way they want too. with those yards and one less pick carr would have looked about as good as he had all pre-season, and would have been in much better position to add another TD as well. yes he tried to force bad throw to andre, but get ready, EVERY QB makes those mistakes at some point during the season!

i'm actually surprised that no one is praising the OL/palmer for their respective contribution's to keeping our aforementioned QB on his feet and giving him more than enough time to make a throw. i found myself almost shouting "damn that was good play action!" during the first half. carr is still going to get sacked, but if the OL keeps it up along with the change in carr's number of drop steps (coupled with the apparent new protection scheme's) then IMO we are looking a much healthier, more consistent, 4000+ yd season for david and co. a word to the wise, do not listen to THE wonger if you want an accurate description of how thing's look for the texans in 2005-06
Old 08-28-2005   #22
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
... and how outragous some expectations are of other people. Yes, the offense was not clicking on all cylinders last night, and to achieve that would be, what?

104 passer rating
18/18 passes
no incompletions / dropped balls
correctly timed routes
5.4 avg yd per run
TD score each possesion
no turnovers

... something along those lines?

No but something allong these lines
above 5.7 passer rateing (you know some where near tony romos passer rateing would have been fine with me)
even 9 of 18
some dropped balls are ok not all of them
they are paid to run routes
4 yrds per run
one TD by starting Offence would have been nice
less turn overs a must.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we ended last season on a bad note, that we've been through free agency, pre-draft/draft/post-draft, training camps & a less than auspicious pre-season but don't be in a hurry to judge the entire season so quickly. there are bound to be bumps and bruises along the way, its a very compeitive but equal playing field, surely anything is possible if you truely believe
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

We have the opposite of bandwagon fans apparently.... we need to think of a name for them. They dont jump on the bandwagon.. they stand in the road and say "look at that bandwagon, what an ugly bandwagon, id never be associated with that bandwagon".

I wonder where all of these people are when we play WELL? probably studying tape to find something to whine about.

Quote:
the offense looked fine
- 53 passing yards in the first half. 53 yards and half of that on one play.
And had our timing been better on the timing routes.. and had we not had some stupid penalties on key plays.. it would have been alot better than that. Therefore..the offense looked fine.. it just had some timing and penalty issues.

Quote:
it will improve as we continue to use this new offense.
- I would hope so, it can't get much worse.
we have seen worse. every season we have seen worse. This year.. Carr hasnt had NEAR as much pressure...matter of fact, i dont think he has been sacked once. We are running a new offense this year..and obviously it needs a bit more time to gel.

Quote:
There were some good plays called back for penalties.. and some plays that "could have been" had our timing been better.
- The good plays would not have been successful without the penalties. Lots of mistakes, miscommunication and lack of execution... aka "timing".
bull. watch the game again. on more than one play that got called back.. the penalty happened no where near the ball. And on a couple of plays where the penalty DID help move the ball.. it was the difference of a 5 yard gain..or a 7-10 yard gain. Meaning..had there been no penalty..it would have been +5 yards.. but instead it was -5-10 yards.

Quote:
Our defense looked great at the beggining.. not so great towards the end.. but our starters looked good.
- This is somewhat true. They held up pretty well until crunch time.

It's amazing how people are blinded by their loyalties to this team. Both admirable and sad at the same time
I find it just as amazing that a person could be so blind to what we did right. Are you a fan or not? cause a fan should be able to watch a game and see the positives..even if it wasnt the best performance. You are so busy trying to find something to whine about that you completely ignore the positive steps we have taken. The only "sad" thing I see is the ignorance of our so called "fanbase" sometimes.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #25
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default disertater

"wonder where all of these people are when we play WELL?"

...am sure you will let us know...better question might be to wonder
where the are when we score!!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #26
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans have a wonderful fanbase. By nature most fans are armchair QB's. Even on a SB team you'll have fans of that same team that wonder why they did that? or why are they running that play?

It doesn't mean people don't care when they criticize but rather that they care maybe too much. I've learned over many years not to take sports so personal and just enjoy the good days and don't worry about the bad. Every team has those. These guys aren't perfect. It's out of my hands how they play. So I just try to enjoy the games and not take the losses so hard.

I don't see people jumping on or off bandwagons. I don't even consider that anybody that posts here will one day not like the Texans.

Everybody knows I like the Cowboys. I wish the Cowboys had more of the enthusiam I see from Texan fans so I really admire the Houston fans devotion and appreciation of the Texans. I like the Texans because of the fun they have as a fan base and as a team. I see this team eventually doing big things. It's just a matter of time. And we all know patience is a virtue.

Last edited by WWJD; 08-29-2005 at 07:55 AM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #27
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Default Thanks for the input

Well I am going to hope for the best and hope the talent we have shows up as WINS. I went to the Jag game last year in Jacksonville and we kicked some tail 21-0. I have tickets for this years game on Nov. 6. By then we will have our stuff together and be in the hunt for the playoffs. Keep the faith.

Thanks for the encouraging words. We do what we do not for the glory or the thanks; we do it for all of you.
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read