Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2005   #41
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
"the NFL under Paul Tagliabue officially considers the Ravens as a 1996 expansion team. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens

Hmm if Tags said that ..what about the Titans???? expansion team? Oilers stuff was left in the HOF (or maybe it was just the name, I am not sure) .... Browns then shouldn't be considered being they took over the OLD browns history...

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #42
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Hmm if Tags said that ..what about the Titans???? expansion team? Oilers stuff was left in the HOF (or maybe it was just the name, I am not sure) .... Browns then shouldn't be considered being they took over the OLD browns history...

send Tags an e-mail and tell him you want an explanation....
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't attacking you.. it is weird wording by the commish
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Here come the company lines and excuses.

Other than the Rockets, every organization (and its fans) in this town has accepted mediocrity.
Yeah right wonger. The Rockets would never wallow in mediocrity for years while a couple of guys like Steve and Cuttino try to figure out how to win consistently. No way they'd give them like 5 years to suck things up and turn the team Hakeem made great into a monument to suck. That could never happen.
Old 08-29-2005   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...not sure what your point is here but I was asking to name coaches
that were still employed by the same team after 8 straight losing seasons
in their careers...some posters have suggested that Capers should be
given more time to produce a winner on the field, like 8 yrs

I haven't seen anyone saying that (I'm not saying you're lying, just that I haven't seen it) but if that's the case then I think 8 years is pretty misguided. 5 seems reasonable and I'd give him a 6th if there was an obvious reason why the team didn't perform well in the 5th year. For example a massive run of injuries or some key player going Ricky Williams on us. (pictures of David Carr with dreadlocks come to mind).

Capers hasn't had 8 straight losing seasons here in Houston though has he? He's had three straight losing seasons. The first one (2002) was expected (anyone who argues that it wasn't is functionally insane in my opinion and not worth talking to). The second one (2003) coincided with a massive run of injuries to the defense. The strongest part of our team became a huge liability and they still improved by one win. The third one (2004) was a game shy of .500 and a two win improvement over the previous season.

I see no reason to talk further about Capers going out the door until I see the entire 2005 season.
Old 08-29-2005   #46
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

Sheez. Somebody PLEASE kill this post.

I come on to this site, probably daily. I like to catch the latest news that some of our FANS will post. I like to read some of the informative posts.

This one really irks me though. I can't just idly stand by. "Justice Calling for Scalps." You're serious too aren't you? Who is your team? The Texans? This has missed the whole entire point of the article.

Ya know, football players constantly complain about their lines being completely taken out of context. I've read a lot of sports football in my day, and this may just be a first for me where I see a WRITER'S line being completely taken out of context.

This thread? Please... a fellow Texan fan... somebody... delete this crap.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #47
tsip
Hall of Fame

Default well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyy
Hmm. I guess if people post what you want to hear then it is a useful, considerate post and should remain on the board. Conversely, if someone says something you disagree with then that post is a useless piece of garbage and should be deleted immediately.
...good post, nobody makes anyone read this forum, which is--by design--
a place to express one's opinion--
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2005   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmm. I guess if people post what you want to hear then it is a useful, considerate post and should remain on the board. Conversely, if someone says something you disagree with then that post is a useless piece of garbage and should be deleted immediately.

Quote:
Really? Wonder why they are still trying (in late August!!) to sell 8 game season tickets if they have a long line waiting to snap up available seats from any potential disgruntled fans?
Agree'd , Good post . Just because someone expresses an opinion that differs from yours doesnt mean their opinion is any less important .

Probably the two most intelligent reply's in this thread
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Just what the hell do you expect from Richard Justice? He flops around more than a bull redfish on a Galveston fishing pier.

Look at how many times he has trashed, and then praised Drayton McLane this season.
Like most successful writers, Justice is tapping into a huge market...

the Chicken Little Texan fans. It's just good business by Justice, that's all.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #50
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Agree'd , Good post . Just because someone expresses an opinion that differs from yours doesnt mean their opinion is any less important .

Probably the two most intelligent reply's in this thread

True, but some opinions are inferior to others. For instance, my opinions are about the best around, IMO!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #51
tsip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
True, but some opinions are inferior to others. For instance, my opinions are about the best around, IMO!
...better keep your day job
Old 08-30-2005   #52
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm afraid I might be a little mixed up chicken with rose colored glasses.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read