Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2005   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Richard Justice already calling for scalps ?

"It's the kind of performance that raises larger questions about the direction of the franchise and the competence of the people running it. Preseason games don't provide answers."
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3328183
Chronicle write Justice is getting right to it - we're not even done with
preseason games and sounds like he's just about ready to have McNair clean
house. I'm not sure he even wants Cass to fire people cause he may want
the GM gone to. Anyway, if anybody ever doubted the Honeymoon was over,
hey its over ! I'm gonna wait till the Bye week, at which time I think we can make a realistic assesment of where the Texans are, before that its premature. But looks like the local media will be very impatient with the team if they don't produce in a very positive manner this year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Just what the hell do you expect from Richard Justice? He flops around more than a bull redfish on a Galveston fishing pier.

Look at how many times he has trashed, and then praised Drayton McLane this season.
Old 08-28-2005   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Justice.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #4
BREAZE
Veteran

I hope this local media continues to be critical of this team throughout the year. The organization has done everything right so far. I love the arena, the fans, the draft picks, the uniforms, the tailgating, the owner, the culture…etc. I’m sold! The big question mark has always been the coaches and we have reached the time where that answer becomes clearer. For example, there was not one special teams play that did not yield a flag last night. The funny thing was when they showed a replay you could pick out 4 additional penalties which could have been called…is this how they are being coached?? Dare I mention Chris Palmer and write a novel?

If McNair and Casserly are serious about being a contender (and I truly think they are) they should know by now that this system is incapable of yielding a ring. If these coaches don't fix some things pretty quick we could finish 6-10. Having some “proven” leadership would be a nice change…you know, some coaches with ice on their fingers!
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Expectations are really high this year for this team. I just hope this team can produce. People heads will roll if we don't go 8-8 this season.
I think it all depends on what kind of effort the team makes. Anybody should be able to see its very possible we're 0-2 at the Bye week, but that wouldn't
necessarily get me down on the Texans. If they play their hearts out, leave nothing on the field and lose a close game to Buffalo in its home opener and
come here and lose a close game to a bonafide SB contender in the Steelers - I can live with that. What I don't want to see is something along the lines
of last years sell out in Indy or that sorry effort in Denver.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
I hope this local media continues to be critical of this team throughout the year. The organization has done everything right so far. I love the arena, the fans, the draft picks, the uniforms, the tailgating, the owner, the culture…etc. I’m sold! The big question mark has always been the coaches and we have reached the time where that answer becomes clearer. For example, there was not one special teams play that did not yield a flag last night. The funny thing was when they showed a replay you could pick out 4 additional penalties which could have been called…is this how they are being coached?? Dare I mention Chris Palmer and write a novel?

If McNair and Casserly are serious about being a contender (and I truly think they are) they should know by now that this system is incapable of yielding a ring. If these coaches don't fix some things pretty quick we could finish 6-10. Having some “proven” leadership would be a nice change…you know, some coaches with ice on their fingers!
Great first post. Welcome to the boards. That post pretty much sums up my thoughts about the Texans.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Justice was too easy on them in my opinion. Last night's performance was absolutely pathetic. Actually, this makes 4 pathetic performances in a row by this team. This is the same mistake-riddled, inconsistent offensive system we've seen since 2002. Something's gotta give and soon.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2005   #8
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE

Yea great 1st post. Calling for the coaches heads before the regular season begins. Typical. If changing coaches makes all the diffrence why is the "Big Tuna" in his 3rd year and STILL looking for a productive team? Oh! I bet I know. It takes a 3 to 5 year plan every time you change coaches. So, the answer is to start over even though the Texans win total has increased every year they have existed. I gotta tell you I just dont get the "fire all the coaches" threads. I'm sure McNair is a more level headed businessman, otherwise he would never have made enough money to afford an NFL franchise.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #9
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Justice was too easy on them in my opinion. Last night's performance was absolutely pathetic. Actually, this makes 4 pathetic performances in a row by this team. This is the same mistake-riddled, inconsistent offensive system we've seen since 2002. Something's gotta give and soon.

Local Trolls
Old 08-28-2005   #10
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
I agree with Justice.
Justice is a joke. He flops more than Kerry.
Old 08-28-2005   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Local Trolls
Local myopian.
Old 08-28-2005   #12
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
You mean since 2002 there 1st year of existance? Shame on them, they should have been so much further along in '02 and '03. Stupid coaches cant bring us to the playoffs in the first 3 years of existance. Fire em all!!!!
Old 08-28-2005   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Here come the company lines and excuses.

Other than the Rockets, every organization (and its fans) in this town has accepted mediocrity.
Old 08-28-2005   #14
Jwwillis
All Pro

I accept what I get. Im a local fan. Im not an owner or GM. I choose to enjoy my local sports team not get an ulser thinking I can do better.
Old 08-28-2005   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Did Justice have a point in that article? If it's to replace staff or players, I'd like to know who the "answers" are that will replace and be more productive than the people being discussed to remove.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #16
tuxedo
Rookie

Justice was wrong.
tuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I accept what I get. Im a local fan. Im not an owner or GM. I choose to enjoy my local sports team not get an ulser thinking I can do better.
Exactly... you've accepted mediocrity. Good for you... I guess.
Old 08-28-2005   #18
Jwwillis
All Pro

I have not accepted your interpretation of the Texans. As a matter of fact, we couldn't be further apart in our opinions. Usually I have to wait on an opposing teams troll to have this much fun. Guess your helping with pre-season on the boards. /laf
Old 08-28-2005   #19
lucky13

Quote:
He flops more than Kerry.
it's no big surprise you can't even spell "ulcer" below, TT.
Old 08-28-2005   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost wish that Bob McNair would sell the team to Dan Snyder.

Then all these knee-jerk fire-everyone Justice worshippers would be happy.

What's really hilarious . . . is that when the Texans actually win a couple of games in a row, and that bandwagon hack Justice writes a column praising the coaches and staff for the good job they are doing, all you Justice sheep will be knodding your little heads like bobblehead dolls.

Baaaaaa . . . . baaaaaa

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read