Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2005   #21
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
...The interception in the endzone was pure and simply a STUPID decision.

And all you "Pre-season game" only spouters can duck behind your optimism all you want...
Yes that interception in the endzone was a poor decision, but ask yourself this question...if the texans had played an outstanding game against dallas, would you have praised them for their improvement? Or merely shrugged it off as "only preseason"?
Old 08-29-2005   #22
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
He made fewer bad decisions in 2004 statistically(see KCJoyner's book) than any other Qb in the NFL except Peyton Manning and Byron Leftwich.
I am familiar with KC Joyner "The Football Scientist" and I don't think I disagreee with anyone more than him. Attempting to quanitify nearly every aspect of the game with shaking premises does not make you a scientist.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #23
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Astros
You are right there! Way too many chicken little's on this board for my taste!

Here's to the fans who get soooo upset during PRESEASON!!!!!!!!

Amen!!! I am worried about consistency but not about 1 bad preseason game because come Sunday 9/4 EVERYBODY is 0-0
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
It's the same mistake he has made from year one to now, the guy is clueless when he gets into the red zone.
We werent in the red zone
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #25
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
what do u guys think?

a) bad game, it happens.
b)he needed more time!
c)can i have my #1 pick back?
d)its preseason, absolutely nothing correlates to the season.
"C" I think, Yeah C...That's it C for sure C
I think he is ADD or something like that.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #26
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

A with a side order of D.

A, because you could see what they were trying to do... but just didnt quite execute. If the receivers had been in the right place on a couple of throws.. and hadnt dropped a couple of other ones.. we would be praising Carr's greatness right now.

D, because we dont play half as hard in preseason, or use half the playbook. I know we all want to make judgements based on preseason performance.. but you just cant. They arent playing to win.. (not really anyway) and when you arent playing to win.. you cant say whether or not someone is doing the right things to win games.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #27
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default What's the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
A with a side order of D.

A, because you could see what they were trying to do... but just didnt quite execute. If the receivers had been in the right place on a couple of throws.. and hadnt dropped a couple of other ones.. we would be praising Carr's greatness right now.

D, because we dont play half as hard in preseason, or use half the playbook. I know we all want to make judgements based on preseason performance.. but you just cant. They arent playing to win.. (not really anyway) and when you arent playing to win.. you cant say whether or not someone is doing the right things to win games.
Why are the results the same in the regular season as the preseason?
Capers does not 'coach to win.' He coaches 'not to lose.'

Last edited by tsip; 08-29-2005 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2005   #28
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why are the results the same in the regular season as the preseason?
Capers does not 'coach to win.' He coaches 'not to lose.'
huh? was there a regular season game that i missed?

And that old "coaches not to lose" thing.. that was the whine last year.. time to move on. Capers coaches to win.. he just doesnt coach to win by 5 touchdowns.. he coaches to win through defense and clock control.
Old 08-29-2005   #29
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
huh? was there a regular season game that i missed?

And that old "coaches not to lose" thing.. that was the whine last year.. time to move on. Capers coaches to win.. he just doesnt coach to win by 5 touchdowns.. he coaches to win through defense and clock control.
If preseason is to evaluate players, how do you play 'half as hard' and
make the team? That's got to be tough on the coaches...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #30
Grid
Hall of Fame

the players arent playing half as hard.. but the team iteself isnt playing to win.. that is where i get the "half as hard" statement.

Its preseason.. the point of preseason is just to get reps and work on rythme..and evaluate players. If it was a regular season game we would have spent hours studying tape to find out what about the Cowboys we can exploit.. we would have run different plays and probably wouldnt have taken certain risks.

We certainly wouldnt have done a mock 2 minute drill at the beggining of the second quarter.

You simply CANNOT judge a teams capabilities based on preseason performance.
Old 08-29-2005   #31
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I am going to say A. However I like the fact that carr had such a bad game and still we scored 10. Its good to know that on the worst day of our starting QB we can still make something happen.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #32
thefuture17
Rookie

seriously guys u need stop crying about one bad "preseason" game he has.
Carr is a wiked good player and imo he will have a breakout year this year and whoevers thinking we need a different QB your really dumb cuz again its 1 preseason game.And 1 more thing about carr his future is so bright i need the best pair of sunglasses just to think of it
Old 08-29-2005   #33
profan
Veteran

None of the above. He will have bad halfs again. If he plays the whole game this way for 4 quarters, then, i will be concerned. If he plays several games this way during the regular season, then, i ask, do we resign him? The offense did not look ready to play, from the penalties, to bad passes, bad decisions, etc.
Coaches should have had this group ready to play.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read