Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2005   #41
The Preacher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
I'm not upset. Just calling them like I see them. These guys get paid a lot of money and some of that comes out of my paycheck. We're shareholders in this company and should feel free to voice our concerns.
If you're looking at the Texans as an investment that is a failure unless you consistently profit I would suggest you take your losses and cut bait. The Texans are going to keep losing and right when you think it couldn't happen again, they will lose. Maybe one day they will be fortunate enough to win a championship, the next year they'll start losing again. That is football, it can be upsetting but if it causes you to constantly slam the team then maybe it isn't worth your investment.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Three preseason games and we've been muscled around in ever one of them.

I'm tired of seeing each season thus far being plagued with mediocre playcalling, mediocre free agent acquisitions, and mediocre gameplay. I have long defended the front office AND Capers and the whole direction of the team and its player management & game management...but last night's performance has got me on the edge of maybe (key word being "maybe") thinking this should be Capers' farewell tour. And not far behind him is Vanilla Palmer.

And you know what? I don't care about the silver lining replies that this post is gonna' get. I've been positive and cheery and optimistic for a loooooooooong time. And I've been a person who jumps on negative posters and calls them down for being overly negative, so it's time for me to be on the receiving end of the tongue lashing I guess. As I see it, last night's performance was easily the WORST performance of this franchise's history, and it came against one of our most hated foes, and I could have been happy losing the game if we had just played competitive ball. But everybody (with the exception of Mathis and Swinton and our special teams) looked like they had never played the game before and couldn't figure out what the objective of NFL football is....which is to move FORWARD in some combination of forward-moving plays which incrementally progress until either the brown ball crosses the opponent's goal line or is kicked through the tall, yellow pipes called a "goal post."

Where is the outrage by any of the Texans team members? Is there anything you guys can post on this messageboard that shows post-game comments by our team leaders, basically apologizing for their effort? Are any of them standing up and saying, "We stunk it up. This is unacceptable and we gotta' get things right in a hurry...."? If none of them are owning up to their performance, then that's the biggest injustice of all.

it is just a game....but they're enormously talented people with big salaries who do what all of us dream of doing, and they play for arguably the best NFL team with the best stadium, the best facilities, the best ownership, etc., etc. If that's not enough to motivate them.........nothing will.

That;s why the Patriots are winning right now. It's why the Cowboys won when they did. Very little separates the best teams from the average teams each year, but I think we're just at a very important and SERIOUS crossroads in terms of our team's current situation and the direction that it MIGHT need to go. All of us are fans, whether we call for the heads of players/coaches or whether we think they do no wrong and deserve a multitude of grace. I am beginning to swing to the dark side of the force based on what I feel are several years of acquiring the talent but not being able to execute on the field.

Last edited by GP; 08-28-2005 at 10:19 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #43
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
If you're looking at the Texans as an investment that is a failure unless you consistently profit I would suggest you take your losses and cut bait. The Texans are going to keep losing and right when you think it couldn't happen again, they will lose. Maybe one day they will be fortunate enough to win a championship, the next year they'll start losing again. That is football, it can be upsetting but if it causes you to constantly slam the team then maybe it isn't worth your investment.
Well, some investments are a tax shelter...

As far as "being upset" and "constantly slamming the team", nothing could be further from the truth. I've had good things to say about this team. Sure there has been less good than bad, but this parallels the team's performance.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Same here.

The reason I'm being so vocal in my disgust is because I have been one to quickly call down the posters I felt were being overly critical. I feel that gives me the room and leverage to say, "OK. Ok. what's going on around here?" This is my first time in four years to really criticize this team. They don't need a bunch of fans saying to them, "You guys are awesome! Blah-blah-blah" They need to know we all vomited last Saturday night and they better cinch up and get things right. In a hurry.

I still love this team. Always will. But this past weekend's performance is in no way deserving of the obligatory "Everything's all right....." argument.

If it was just a flash in the pan, and we won;'t play like that again for the rtest of this year....I'll be happy. I'm just wondering how this particular game got so bad so quick, especially when it's one of our most hated foes.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #45
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Last time I checked it was the pre-season, not another year.
once more, our results and play has been the same in preseason and regular
season...until the results change, that thought of 'it's only preseason'
means nothing
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #46
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans execute without penalties this question becomes mute
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #47
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Rofl.. which game were you at? I was at Texas Stadium on the 15 yard line and I sure didnt see the same game you did. Carr was not throwing good, the oline stepped up a little, but the D downright let failed. My thought here, if you have more then 20+ points against you, you have failed. I am glad you saw something else.. Next time, I will try to sit by you.
I dont count the 2 TDs the third string gave up in the final 6 minutes. The offense has to be on the field more than three to four plays or the D will get scored on. I liked the D in the first half until they quit blitzing and DD was hitting the holes hard. Bradford ran incorrect routs a couple of times and Carr had some issues but we are gonna be ok. We arent trading him for Eli Manning because he played bad in preseason.

BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2005   #48
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
I dont count the 2 TDs the third string gave up in the final 6 minutes. The offense has to be on the field more than three to four plays or the D will get scored on. I liked the D in the first half until they quit blitzing and DD was hitting the holes hard. Bradford ran incorrect routs a couple of times and Carr had some issues but we are gonna be ok. We arent trading him for Eli Manning because he played bad in preseason.

Ya... but Carr shouldnt have those issues at this stage... I can certainly understand several bad passes due to not getting in the groove., but he had quite a few that night on the mark. The D the first half was doing decent, but I count the last 6 minutes because they were constantly making progress down the field, not just a sling and a score. They were walking it down.
Old 08-29-2005   #49
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think its to early to demand a drastic change befor we see the regular season. I find the O line play encuraging due to the fact that Dallas is supose to have a really good D this year and they didnt stop us that much. We stopped ourselves and that can be worked out. It wasnt there supirior play that crushed us and i do find that somewhat encouraging.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read