Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2005   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fire everybody and start over

Un-buh-leave-uh-bull.

I don't mean it, but I just can't over it right now.

I've seen some miscues in past games that warranted temporary anger, and it passes after a few minutes. But tonight's performance is just flat out ugly and disgusting. I am just speechless right now.

Somebody put BJ Symons in the game and call up James Allen.

Oh, and get Matt Stevens' agent on the phone while you're at it.

Good grief.......................................
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

:brickwall I think I'll get a shot and a beer .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

LMFAO...it's only preseason...
Old 08-27-2005   #4
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Un-buh-leave-uh-bull.

Oh, and get Matt Stevens' agent on the phone while you're at.
He-who-must-not-be-named, how dare you!?!?
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #5
texashoss

Default terrible

one of the worst halves of football i have seen.

you're right - start over!
Old 08-27-2005   #6
TexHorns
Veteran

It looks like carr didnt get too much pressure but he still seemed flustered in the pocket tonight. Johnson had a hard time holding on, I dont know why. The passing offense looked like they were not on the same page. what do yall think the main problem was?
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #7
TexHorns
Veteran

The Dallas secondary looked like they were all over our recievers.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2005   #8
TexanAggie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Oh, and get Matt Stevens' agent on the phone while you're at it.
NONONONONONONONON PLZ not him leave him at the house where he belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #9
JmikeT
Rookie

It's very simple...A coaches responsibility is to put his team a position to win. That means PREPARATION & PLAY CALLING. The players are responsible for EXECUTION. That being said:

Play calling - offense looked a lot better and diverse for a change.
QB - David had more hang time on his passes than the punters
The O line - finally showed up
The backups... Well there's a definite drop off from the starters (a HUGE cliff to be more specific)
Receivers - hey the starters have to hang on to the ball (it helps if the QB looks off the defenders)
Backs - other Hollings we seem okay.
D line - looked good for 2 series then uh...
Linebackers - try staying home on the outside... And could somebody PLZ PLZ PLZ sack the statue - Bledsoe
Special Teams - WOW! Other than the PENALTIES

For all those who will say,"It's preseason..." Hey whatever!!! I hate the cowurls and I hate losing to them at ANYTIME.
JmikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #10
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmikeT
For all those who will say,"It's preseason..." Hey whatever!!! I hate the cowurls and I hate losing to them at ANYTIME.
Hey, I agree with you on the cowgul stance but it is only preseason. I just hope we're not seeing the same things going on in the early parts of the season.
Old 08-27-2005   #11
Davis37
All Pro

Our QB play tonight was pitiful at best. Our def looked solid tonight, so that relieves a little worry I had. We got decent pressure on Bledsoe for most of the 1st half, until right before halftime when he made our secondary look like high schoolers.
Old 08-27-2005   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our QB play tonight was pitiful at best.
Banks was pitiful, Carr had one INT that was his fault and several dropped passes that were in the hands of receivers...
Old 08-27-2005   #13
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Banks was pitiful, Carr had one INT that was his fault and several dropped passes that were in the hands of receivers...
He also had alot of passes that were about 5 yards off... I agree that Johnson should have caught those 2 passes, but 2 dropped balls dont make Carr look that bad... Bad play does. Im no chicken little, but Carr needs to get his stuff together.
Old 08-27-2005   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I was playing Madden this evening and was getting killed. However, Even I did better than the Texans today!!!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He also had alot of passes that were about 5 yards off... I agree that Johnson should have caught those 2 passes, but 2 dropped balls dont make Carr look that bad... Bad play does. Im no chicken little, but Carr needs to get his stuff together.
The passes that were 5 yards off were to Bradford, I am not sure if it was bad route running or miscommunication or what, not making excuses for Carr, just stating what I saw. I am not saying Carr looked like Joe Montana, but he didn't play as bad as some here are saying. And I know it might sound stupid, but in the past Carr has not had as much time as he has had this preseason, so in the past his passes have been shorter than they were tonight. He just needs some time to adjust and get it together...
Old 08-28-2005   #16
bigkyle
Rookie

Default From cowgirl town

Was at the game tonight wearing my battle red jearsey. 3/4 of the first half we actually looked pretty good. Just couldn't catch the darn ball. The Dallas fans up here suck. They are such fair weather fans it is ridiculous. I kid you not...there were two cars tailgating in the whole parking lot. That was all I saw. I hate living in cowgirl country. Love coming home to H-Town for all the games.
bigkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #17
The Preacher
Veteran

I just got home and was feeling pumped about the Texans' upcoming season to see runaway pessimism? Tonight's game was like the twilight zone. They couldn't get anything going because penalties kept stopping them, offense and special teams. Carr looked confident in the pocket and was throwing lasers that were on target but were uncharacteristically dropped a few times. The times he was off he was just avoiding taking a hit in the preseason. Dallas has a tough D but DD was running well and Carr had plenty of time for the most part. That was everybody's greatest fear that our o-line couldn't protect and the D couldn't get any pressure. Both were answered with a resounding success tonight. It was just like the Chargers game and Lions game last year-turnovers and penalties will cost you the game. That can be corrected and you could tell Carr just couldn't believe what he was seeing. He just shook his head a couple of times because he absolutely knew the Texans should have been not only winnning but rolling! I can't believe the drama here not only does the O look to have tons of potential but the D looked fierce and our special teams are undeniably off the charts. Sorry if I can't join in the pity party I'm too jacked about the upcoming season.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #18
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
I just got home and was feeling pumped about the Texans' upcoming season to see runaway pessimism? Tonight's game was like the twilight zone. They couldn't get anything going because penalties kept stopping them, offense and special teams. Carr looked confident in the pocket and was throwing lasers that were on target but were uncharacteristically dropped a few times. The times he was off he was just avoiding taking a hit in the preseason. Dallas has a tough D but DD was running well and Carr had plenty of time for the most part. That was everybody's greatest fear that our o-line couldn't protect and the D couldn't get any pressure. Both were answered with a resounding success tonight. It was just like the Chargers game and Lions game last year-turnovers and penalties will cost you the game. That can be corrected and you could tell Carr just couldn't believe what he was seeing. He just shook his head a couple of times because he absolutely knew the Texans should have been not only winnning but rolling! I can't believe the drama here not only does the O look to have tons of potential but the D looked fierce and our special teams are undeniably off the charts. Sorry if I can't join in the pity party I'm too jacked about the upcoming season.
Rofl.. which game were you at? I was at Texas Stadium on the 15 yard line and I sure didnt see the same game you did. Carr was not throwing good, the oline stepped up a little, but the D downright let failed. My thought here, if you have more then 20+ points against you, you have failed. I am glad you saw something else.. Next time, I will try to sit by you.
Old 08-28-2005   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Dime.

Carr looked out of sync. He couldn't blame his receivers. He was throwing the ball so high that our receivers were leaping for the ball and getting cracked in mid-air by the Cowgirl defenders. It was like shooting ducks in a barrel.

I'm a HUGE David Carr fan.......but tonight was by far his worst performance of ANY game. Period.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
The passes that were 5 yards off were to Bradford, I am not sure if it was bad route running or miscommunication or what, not making excuses for Carr, just stating what I saw. I am not saying Carr looked like Joe Montana, but he didn't play as bad as some here are saying. And I know it might sound stupid, but in the past Carr has not had as much time as he has had this preseason, so in the past his passes have been shorter than they were tonight. He just needs some time to adjust and get it together...

I tend to agree with you. The pass Carr attempted to AJ in the endzone should never have been thrown. He underthrew the ball, understandable since he was on the run, and Newman got an easy INT. The INT off the Murphy catch was not Carr's fault at all. Willams gave Murphy a huge lick, and he wasn't expecting it. He bobbled the ball, and Ngyuen was able to come up with the pick. The receivers and Carr seemed to be off tonight. There were several miscues. You mentioned a couple involving Bradford, plus there was the drop by AJ over the middle, and then the hook route AJ ran where he turned to the inside and Carr threw it too the outside. Those two definately weren't on the same page on that play.

The running game was solid, and the O-Line performed pretty well especially considering that Brown was in for the injured Weigert (anyone else notice that Bob Allan introduce him as the Texans RT instead of RG during his interview?). Brown played pretty well all things considered, and it looks like Weary could be in danger of being cut. Murphy played pretty well at TE with the exception of giving up that INT to Dat. He delivered some good blocks, and I think he and Bruener are definately locks for 2 TE spots. Looks like Miller is battling Rivers for that 3rd spot, and Miller didn't do alot to help himself tonight. I'd give Rivers the slight edge since he's got good versatility, and can play special teams. As for the RBs it looks like Hollings might be handing in his playbook soon. Morency and Wells will probably be backing up DD when the season starts. Looks like Norris will be the lone FB, and Wells will be his backup too. Its looking like we'll keep AJ, Armstrong, Gaff, Bradford, Mathis, and Swinton if we keep 6 wideouts. That means guys like Thomas, Starling, and Kasper won't make the final 53 even though they're all talented players.

The defense looked very good, and really only allowed the one big drive that led to the Jones TD run. That play was ugly. It looked as though we came on a blitz, but the Cowboys picked it up well enough to allow Jones to scamper to the outside for a TD. Unfortunately it seems as if the Texans best defensive stand in the first half was blacked out here in Houston due to the power failure. Smith was said to have stopped the RB (Jones I'm assuming) for a 6 yard loss after Walker stuffed the run on the previous play. The OLBs got pretty good pressure, but I wouldn't mind seeing more. Peek sacked Bledsoe on the early on in the game, and it looked as if Adams missed his assignment as Peek blew past him. Jones picked up DRob who was also blitzing, and Adams hesitated on whether to pick up Peek or Dunta. Pretty scary play when Walker and Peek collided, but glad both players were alright. Babin stopped Jones on a screen pass out in the flat by getting around his blocker, but he took the worst of the hit. Greenwood looks like he'll be a great blitzer. There's a big difference in the time it takes Morlon to get to the QB, and the time it used to take Jamie to get to the QB on a blitz. The pressure the D applied to Bledsoe made him throw it away a few times. PBuch was hot and cold tonight. He played Glenn too soft and missed a tackle or two he should've made, but he also made a few tackles when he needed to and played tight coverage. Faggins had a very good game, and what can I say about Brown. He looked very good tonight, and was very comfortable back there at SS. Wow I'm rambling on a bit. I'll save some input for the appropirate time.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read