Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2005   #81
Boxscore
All Pro

I have just recently heard that Katy QB Andy Dalton will attend TCU.
Old 01-05-2006   #82
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

St. Pius X

Their LT, who is headed to the Army game in San Antonio...representing houston, is 6-9 325 as a senior in highschool. He is amazing. His footwork is awsome, he is a more athletic version of Mcneil (so far in his development, in my own opinion of course).
Old 01-17-2006   #83
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

His name is Ian Symonette. Lacks experience but has a great upside so I've heard. He is still undecided. They were just talking about him on the FSN recruiting show.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #84
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I hadn't seen this announced anywhere but Texas Tech just lost a major recruit. Greg McElroy (SLC) committed to Alabama. They may like Taylor Potts better.

Last edited by aj.; 01-17-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2006   #85
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I saw Beasley using crutches today at school. Does anyone know if he's still being recruited?

Beasley committed to Rice yesterday. A great pickup for the Owls. I had heard several schools passed on him because of the awkward throwing motion. Sounds familiar doesn't it? Their loss. This kid is smart and a great athlete. Major Applewhite is now OC at Rice and I wouldn't doubt they try to use Pierre the same way UT used Vince- since Major worked w/Vince as a grad asst. He could run straight option or zone read effectively.

There's a lot of good HS talk and recuriting stuff here ->http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/forum.asp

Last edited by aj.; 01-21-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2006   #86
aj.
Hall of Fame

Aggies scored a coup last night by getting Michael Goodson.

Check the Rivals forums for more news.
Old 05-11-2006   #87
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody know how Strake Jesuit should do next year? It's a private school but recently started playing a lot better teams so i've heard, used to go there but lost touch last few years...please let me know any good websites where i can check this out...thanks a lot!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2006   #88
aj.
Hall of Fame

I know they did well last year after moving into 19-5A - but they are in with Katy so that will always be a roadblock. The last time I saw them was three years ago so I can't speak about their current team. Join the forum at the link above and scroll to the Greater Houston Forum. There will be someone on there who follows that district and maybe even your former school very closely.
Old 05-11-2006   #89
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I know they did well last year after moving into 19-5A - but they are in with Katy so that will always be a roadblock. The last time I saw them was three years ago so I can't speak about their current team. Join the forum at the link above and scroll to the Greater Houston Forum. There will be someone on there who follows that district and maybe even your former school very closely.
They're also in there with Katy Taylor...as much a free pass as Katy is a roadblock.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #90
aj.
Hall of Fame

There's been a lot of re-districting going on so I thought I would check and sure enough, Strake got moved to 17-5A with the Cy Fair schools.

Even though it's an hour away, I plan to attend at least one game at the new Cy Fair stadium on Barker Cypress this year. It's right across the street from where my bro-in law lives and I've been watching it being built for a couple of years now. It's a muther and probably will surpass Galena Park as the best stadium in the area.

Here's the 19-5A standings from last year but that won't apply to Strake this year due to the redistricting. Rivals (Texas Prep Extra) has everything you need if you have time to do some mouse clicking....

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/hsHi...05&School=1025
Old 07-25-2006   #91
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Even though it's an hour away, I plan to attend at least one game at the new Cy Fair stadium on Barker Cypress this year. It's right across the street from where my bro-in law lives and I've been watching it being built for a couple of years now. It's a muther and probably will surpass Galena Park as the best stadium in the area.
The place is a beauty.

Those aren't my photos. You can find a bunch more here: http://www.drumcorpstexas.com/index-Pre-TMEA.html

I have been there though. Very, very nice. Best high school stadium I've ever been too.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #92
aj.
Hall of Fame

And yes, people from out of state, that is a HIGH SCHOOL football stadium. Texas High School that is....

Looking at the stands, it doesn't look like it holds any more people than Galena Park. It's just all that fancy architecture around the perimiter that makes it look much larger from the outside (I haven't been inside). Looks like a gwallaia job.
Old 07-26-2006   #93
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Alll I can say is WOW!! A nice lookin football stadium for high school!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #94
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

High school football is a joke, thread over.
Old 07-26-2006   #95
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
High school football is a joke, thread over.
I'm sure in possum holler it is a joke.

In Texas, Friday Night Lights is as big as life, troll.
Old 07-26-2006   #96
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah and Texas is pretty much the only state who cares. Who cares if you are good in high school sports? A lot of slow white guys running around doesn't impress anyone. It's kind of like people who don't like college sports because they are amateurs ... well high schoolers are UBER-amateurs. I'd rather watch the WNBA.
Old 07-26-2006   #97
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah and Texas is pretty much the only state who cares. Who cares if you are good in high school sports? A lot of slow white guys running around doesn't impress anyone. It's kind of like people who don't like college sports because they are amateurs ... well high schoolers are UBER-amateurs. I'd rather watch the WNBA.
LaDanian Tomlinson didn't start out in the NFL...he started out in high school football in Texas.

BTW, this is the HOUSTON Sports Scene section.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #98
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
LaDanian Tomlinson didn't start out in the NFL...he started out in high school football in Texas.

BTW, this is the HOUSTON Sports Scene section.
I don't mean to rain on your parade im just saying that watching a game of 22 guys in which about 1 or 2 of them are worthy enough to ever play football again in their life isn't fun to me.

To each his own.
Old 07-26-2006   #99
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
They're also in there with Katy Taylor...as much a free pass as Katy is a roadblock.
Mayde Creek is worst than Katy Taylor...
Old 07-26-2006   #100
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't mean to rain on your parade im just saying that watching a game of 22 guys in which about 1 or 2 of them are worthy enough to ever play football again in their life isn't fun to me.

To each his own.
Maybe in Tennessee...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read