Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2005   #41
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Katy thrashed Mayde Creek 45-7 tonight. 35-0 after one quarter.

I can't tell if Katy is just that dominant this year, or if 19-5A is that down.
no 19-5a is just that down, i graduated from elsik in '03 and its been a tremendous drop off since then
Old 11-06-2005   #42
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

Middleburg High School alumni here
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #43
tiger06
Veteran

Goooooo Texas High! Down with Highland Park!!!
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005   #44
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim
Default Deer Park vs LaPorte ...

A couple fellow little league football coaches & I went Friday night and watched Deer Park beat LaPorte 20 - 16. What was really sweet & rewarding for me was watching about 15 players playing on a Friday night (and winning) an emotional game. In 1999, these kids were on my Pasadena Bear Senior team just learning the game & six short years later they have blossomed into solid starters, being the deciding factor in a pivotal game. I have never in my life felt prouder than when after the game these kids came to the fence & shook our hands, & visited with us, including us in their celebration. Theres nothing quite like those Friday night lights!
Old 11-11-2005   #45
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be checking out the Pearland - NS game tonight. Two 10-0 teams knocking heads in the best HS stadium around ... it doesn't get any better than this. I have a sneaky feeling NS will roll.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #46
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to the Clements-Katy game on Saturday. Hoping for an upset!
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #47
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I have a sneaky feeling NS will roll.
Good call there, aj. 52-21 Mustangs!
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2005   #48
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

That one wasn't as difficult to predict as NS - Westfield. Obviously it gets better than NS - Pearland, much better, and we will see it next weekend. This is state championship caliber stuff...

I was very impressed with Ganious last night - and the soph #20.
Old 11-12-2005   #49
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

can anybody give me an update on how la marque is doing this season?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #50
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 33 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
can anybody give me an update on how la marque is doing this season?
9-0 overall 5-0 is district and won the district. Play Bay city in first round of playoffs today, Saturday, but the Chronicle hasn't posted the score yet.

http://www.chron.com/content/chronic...&team_id=15122
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #51
aj.
Hall of Fame

LaMarque is up 25-7 with 1:00 left in the 3rd.

update: 31-10 final

Last edited by aj.; 11-12-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2005   #52
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i appreciate it guys..its hard to get news in florida

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005   #53
slyfox68
Veteran

24-4A

The Lamar Consolidated Mustangs defeated Texas City 26-14!
Old 11-14-2005   #54
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I'm going to the Clements-Katy game on Saturday. Hoping for an upset!
i hope for a million dollars too, but that'll likely never happen either
Old 11-18-2005   #55
aj.
Hall of Fame

Game of the year tonight at North Shore. Two of the best in the state. Full page spread in the Chronicle should tell you how big this one is.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printsto...sports/3469689

edit: NS hung tough for three quarters but Westfield dominated the 4th. Westfield was definitely the better team tonight and I can see why they are ranked #2 in the state.

Last edited by aj.; 11-18-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2005   #56
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim
Default Unbelievable ...

Down goes North Shore ...

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3471400

EDIT: Sorry AJ, didn't see your edit.

Last edited by CoachJim; 11-19-2005 at 07:59 AM.
CoachJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #57
aj.
Hall of Fame

It was a fun game to be at. Packed house. Standing room only - and sitting room only. THere were people sitting all over the grassy embankments at the ends of the grandstands. I even saw people standing outside the fence on the southwest side trying to see what was going on. (I was sitting on the 50 about halfway up the Westfield side but I had to get there at 5:30 to get that seat - for a 7:00 kickoff). The NS side sold out before the game and they only had 800 tickets left for general adm. They should have had this one at Rice. They could have had 35,000 people there. There was D-I talent all over the place on that field last night.

Last edited by aj.; 11-19-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2005   #58
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know why we weren't ranked as #1 all season. Besides the NS game, the closest game I remember was 60-14.

Has anyone heard anything about Pierre Beasly's recruiting? I remember a guy from Texas was at our lunch giving out pamphlets about UT, but he didn't seem to pay attention.

The Houston Chronicle claims Beasly also plays guard for Westfield, yet Richard Justice said earlier he focused solely on football, plus, last time i checked, Beasly wasn't on the roster banner in the main gym

Last edited by mexican_texan; 11-19-2005 at 06:40 PM.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #59
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

find #66
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #60
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rivals has Beasley listed as a 2 star (out of 5). His list includes Georgia Tech, Memphis, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Utah State, and Wake Forest. Last night was the first time I saw him play. He's very strong, athletic and elusive. I was very impressed with his ability to avoid the rush. I wasn't as impressed with his arm or field vision (except for the first play of the game) - he had open receivers several times last night but either was late with the throw, off target, or didn't see them at all - but to be fair, last night was the one and only time I've seen him play so that's probably not a fair critique. He's obviously a great athlete and has a D-I future ahead of him in some capacity. I was very impressed with Westfield's #44 DB who I've heard is going to LSU.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read