Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2005   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who would you take over Carr?

If I offered you any of these guys straight up for Carr, who would you take?

Bears: Chad Hutchinson
Bengals: Carson Palmer
Bills: J.P. Losman
Broncos: Jake Plummer
Browns: Trent Dilfer
Bucs: Brian Griese
Cardinals: Kurt Warner
Chargers: Drew Brees
Chiefs: Trent Green
Colts: Peyton Manning
Cowboys: Drew Bledsoe
Dolphins: Gus Frerotte
Ealges: Donovan McNabb
Falcons: Michael Vick
Giants: Eli Manning
Jaguars: Byron Leftwich
Jets: Chad Pennington
Lions: Joey Harrington / Jeff Garcia
Niners: Alex Smith
Packers: Brett Favre
Panthers: Jake Delhomme
Patriots: Tom Brady
Raiders: Kerry Collins
Rams: Marc Bulger
Ravens: Kyle Boller
Redskins: Patrick Ramsey
Saints: Aaron Brooks
Seahawks: Matt Hasselbeck
Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger
Titans: Steve McNair
Vikings: Daunte Culpepper

For Sure:
Manning
McNabb
Culpepper

Maybe:
Brady
Vick
Green

No Way:
Favre (too old)
McNair (too old & beat up)
Hutchinson
Losman
Dilfer
Griese
Warner
Bledsoe
Frerotte
Eli Manning (unproven)
Harrington
Smith (unproven)
Boller
Ramsey
Brooks

The rest would be a push, so I wouldn't trade for them either. So out of 31 QBs, there's only six I would even think about taking over Carr.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Do I take it that is one your hobbies?

Manning and Brady. The rest, you can keep.
Old 08-26-2005   #3
SA Fan
Rookie

I would take boller.
In order to guarantee a high draft spot to get a new quarterback and no serious cap hit toget rid of boller.

Otherwise, I would keep Carr.
Better Than Bucs
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #4
Fldvldog
Veteran

Palmer, Brees, Green, Manning, McNabb, Vick, E.Manning, Leftwich, Pennington, Favre, Brady, Roethlisberger, McNair, Culpepper...

Not to try to be a total arse, but IMHO, I would take all fo these guys over Carr...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning
McNabb
Culpepper
Brady
Vick

David has all the tools to be an elite QB. If they can protect him better I think he'll have a great season. There's no shame to having a guy better than you that's been doing it longer and with better teams.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #6
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Palmer, Brees, Green, Manning, McNabb, Vick, E.Manning, Leftwich, Pennington, Favre, Brady, Roethlisberger, McNair, Culpepper...

Not to try to be a total arse, but IMHO, I would take all fo these guys over Carr...

I'd hate for you to be my GM...why would you ever take Favre or McNair over Carr? In their prime, yes...not now.

And Eli Manning has done nothing, so other than his name, I don't see why you would take him over Carr either.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Definite
Manning
McNabb
Culpepper
Brady
Vick

Probable
Green
Hasselbeck
Pennington

Maybe
Bulger
Palmer
Eli Manning
Roethlisberger
Delhomme
Leftwich
Brees

Probably not
Smith
Losman
Warner
Harrington
Boller
Ramsey
Brooks
Griese
Collins - not with our line
Plummer

Definitely Not
Favre - age
McNair - age
Hutchinson
Dilfer
Frerotte
Bledsoe
Garcia
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2005   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

For sure I'd take Manning, Culpepper McNabb and Brady. I love Carr and think that he can be good... if not better than all of these QBs... the numbers just dont show it as of yet. Vick is an amazing athlete and if we would of come into the league a year earlier he would be wearing a Texans uniform. He's just not an amazing QB yet. Last year he did have a career high in completion percentag... something around 51%. That's just not gonna get it done. Pennington remindes me a lot of Carr. There's just something about him that I dont like... cant really put my finger on it. I also think that Ramsey could end up being an elite QB in the NFL when given stability with the coaching staff and a few more weapons on offense.
To be honest though, I dont believe even the Elite QBs could of done much of a better job than Carr has done with this offense over the last few years. Manning and Brady would of been on their backs more than Carr. Culpepper and McNabb would of been interesting to watch try and run our offense with 11 defenders pulling at their shirttails.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #9
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
...David has all the tools to be an elite QB. If they can protect him better I think he'll have a great season. There's no shame to having a guy better than you that's been doing it longer and with better teams.
Amen! Although not the best in the NFL, we're fortunate to have him... a class act who has remained healthy even though he's been pretty much naked every week in his first 3 seasons.

As his protection grows, so will his confidence, leadership, and QB rating. I really believe this is inevitable, can't wait.
Old 08-26-2005   #10
The Preacher
Veteran

Who says there is no optimism around here?
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #11
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I'd hate for you to be my GM...why would you ever take Favre or McNair over Carr? In their prime, yes...not now.

And Eli Manning has done nothing, so other than his name, I don't see why you would take him over Carr either.
Well that makes two of us...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #12
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
...And Eli Manning has done nothing, so other than his name, I don't see why you would take him over Carr either.
my thoughts exactly, I was fixin to blast him but when I compared his stats vs Carr's first year stats, E. Manning's were not that bad. But then again the Giants were not a first year expansion team either.
Old 08-26-2005   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady .... No one else over Carr

Flame away
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

#1. Vick
#2. Brady
#3. Manning
#4. Culpepper

Carson Palmer, and Ben Rothlisberger are close, but I keep Carr.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #15
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Nobody...I'll stick with our hard nosed driven QB.
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

love david carr, but realistically cannot say that i wouldnt take mike vick or peyton manning....heck, i think even the patriots would take manning straight up for brady, he is the best qb in the nfl, and its not even close

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #18
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Certainly:
P. Manning
McNabb
Culpepper

Possibly:
Plummer
Green
Delhomme

No Chance:
Vick
Brunell
Testaverde

If anyone wants a Vick at QB, just get a stud RB and move him to QB and he might even have better passing accuracy than Vick.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #19
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
love david carr, but realistically cannot say that i wouldnt take mike vick or peyton manning....heck, i think even the patriots would take manning straight up for brady, he is the best qb in the nfl, and its not even close
Hell with the folks they have around Manning most QGs would look great also, not to take anything away from Peyton. Don't forget we have been building a franchise around a young qb so he is going to develop slower that someone like manning. I really don't see Manning waking in the middle of the night dreaming about being sacked AGAIN.

Carr had had a MUCH MUCH tougher introduction into the league that Manning did.
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #20
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Fan
I would take boller.
In order to guarantee a high draft spot to get a new quarterback and no serious cap hit toget rid of boller.

Otherwise, I would keep Carr.

Funniest thing ive heard in a while

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read