Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Ranking TJ in the preseason

I was wondering what everyone thought of TJ so far, I mean I haven't even seen a segment of a game on ESPN. And I don't even think He has registered a tackle in the preseason according to nfl.com.
Old 08-25-2005   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

He seems to be doing okay. Maybe he'll be Ray Childress next year.
Old 08-26-2005   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I don't even think He has registered a tackle in the preseason according to nfl.com.

You have to take into account that in the Texans version of the 3-4 D that tackles and sacks are NOT the D-linemens main objective . Their job is to take up space and occupy blockers keeping the Linebackers free to make the plays .
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
You have to take into account that in the Texans version of the 3-4 D that tackles and sacks are NOT the D-linemens main objective . Their job is to take up space and occupy blockers keeping the Linebackers free to make the plays .
good point old man.
Old 08-26-2005   #5
SESupergenius

He's very mild warm and cold right now. He's not pushing anyone for the spot I can tell ou this. I the plays I saw him against the Raiders, he was not attacking very well and seemed to stay home a lot.
Old 08-26-2005   #6
wrestler4life
Veteran

What happened top all that hype he came in with about how he was so super-aggressive?
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #7
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
What happened top all that hype he came in with about how he was so super-aggressive?
aggression does not = production
Old 08-26-2005   #8
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
He's very mild warm and cold right now. He's not pushing anyone for the spot I can tell ou this. I the plays I saw him against the Raiders, he was not attacking very well and seemed to stay home a lot.

But if his job is to plug up the holes, then staying home alot would be what the coaches are asking him to do.

I think this position more than any other is hard to judge from television. You would need to see the coaches film from the endzone to really get an idea of what he is and isn't doing.

I predict a few on here will be calling him a bust just because he won't make the obvious impact they are expecting. But if he's in there and the players around him improve then he will be worth the pick.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
I dunno.....its one thing to whip up on an undrafted rookie guard frow WV on your own team, but when you get into these preseason games and go against
NFL vets, different thing. But TJ may very well be a late bloomer, remember he didn't become a starter @ FSU until his senior year last fall. And there's
the 4-3 to 3-4 transition thing, plenty of time for TJ to get comfortable here.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think TJ learned that just because he had a good first game doesn't guarantee him a great next game. I for one have seen him put more pressure on QBs from the NT position than any of the other linemen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #11
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
He seems to be doing okay. Maybe he'll be Ray Childress next year.

sniff, sniff....

OH RAY, WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU!!!!!
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Texans_Fan
sniff, sniff....

OH RAY, WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU!!!!!

Doing comercials for a local chevy dealer ....
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He was an awesome defensive lineman, my favorite of all times.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #14
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess no one told that to Richard Seymor or Aaron Smith.
Old 08-27-2005   #15
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I guess no one told that to Richard Seymor or Aaron Smith.
Well, when you are on a great playmaking 3-4 defense, those sacks are gonna be there for the taking.
Old 08-27-2005   #16
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default TJ Needs a sack to get my vote

I need to see this man sack Bledsoe/Henson to show he is worty of being picked over Derick Johnson, would have rather got him or bass!!!

:brickwall
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Doing comercials for a local chevy dealer ....
Does he STILL do those commercials?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read