Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2005   #1
orions_texans
Rookie

Default David Carr?

sup guys.. i'm from Lubbock TX so i havn't seen any of the Preaseason games, but i've been hearing a lot of rumors going on about how Carr didn't look too good in the past two games, is this true one guy even told me Banks looked a whole lot better. please tell me this isn't true... i don't wanna go buy a 75.00 Jersey and then Carr get the boot. any responce would be great.
orions_texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #2
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orions_texans
sup guys.. i'm from Lubbock TX so i havn't seen any of the Preaseason games, but i've been hearing a lot of rumors going on about how Carr didn't look too good in the past two games, is this true one guy even told me Banks looked a whole lot better. please tell me this isn't true... i don't wanna go buy a 75.00 Jersey and then Carr get the boot. any responce would be great.
You've heard wrong my friend, Carr has looked very sharp and very mobile. 1st team offense has been able to move the ball almost at will.
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

1st team has ONLY been on the field for 2 series this preseason and David has lead them to a touchdown and a drive that ended on Denver's 1 yard line. The 1st team offense has looked great this preseason but will get its 1st true test this Sat. vs. the Cowgirls.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...one guy even told me Banks looked a whole lot better. please tell me this isn't true...
Tell your buddy to stop watching football under the influence. Throwing $$$ on a Carr jersey is the best investment you can make on a Texan jersey. Of course, if you're interested in a never used Boselli #71, let me know.
Old 08-25-2005   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

You have nothing to worry about Carr. He looks really good. he hasnt even been touched yet.

p.s. Think about Dunta Robinson for a jersey. he is going to be a star.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #6
orions_texans
Rookie

just what i thought. That guy kinda of scared me he had told me he was at the past two game and that he wishes he was more like Kerry Collins i was like what the **** ... but again i havn't seen much of the texans except what they show on this site... he decribed to me like Carr was still scared and wasn't flowing real smooth or something like that... Guess i'll go and buy my Jersey tomorrow
Old 08-25-2005   #7
Tyr
Rookie

Granted, the playing time is definitely in Tony's favor, but here are their current preason stats for reference:

David Carr
Attempts: 10
Completions: 7
Completion %: 70%
TD: 1
Int: 0
Sack/Lost: 0/0
Rating: 117.9

Tony Banks
Attempts: 21
Completions: 9
Completion %: 42.9%
TD: 1
Int: 0
Sack/Lost: 0/0
Rating: 72.5
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2005   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Your friend was yanking your chain... everybody knows that Carr is the franchise and management is backing him.

Now you got to find a way to get back at him with some nasty rumor to make him worry
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #9
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
... he decribed to me like Carr was still scared and wasn't flowing real smooth or something like that... Guess i'll go and buy my Jersey tomorrow
Carr still scared? hogwash... I don't think he was ever scared... alert to the defense blowing past his line yes, aware that he had virtually no protection yes, but scared? Nope, took a lickin and still kept tickin... ya gotta admire his toughness.
Old 08-26-2005   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

sounds like a cowboys fan if you ask me
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Your friend was yanking your chain... everybody knows that Carr is the franchise and management is backing him.

Now you got to find a way to get back at him with some nasty rumor to make him worry
True that. Go tell your friend Jerrah backed out of the new stadium, is moving to LA, fired Tuna and decided Henson will be the starter.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

carr's doin great this pre-season. i cant wait to see him against the cowgirls
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #13
orions_texans
Rookie

crazy thing about this he said it was all over the papers in Houston that he might be let go in the next 2 yrs.. this guy was not my friend either i work for cingular and handle issue with customers based out of Houston area.. yeah i can't wait to see Carr destroy Dallas
Old 08-26-2005   #14
stephen1
Veteran

buy a D.D. jersey, hes the only one guarnateed to be here long term
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
crazy thing about this he said it was all over the papers in Houston that he might be let go in the next 2 yrs
He is definitely jacking with you...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read