Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foxsports.com preseason power rankings...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386

Looks about right. If it's any consolation, we're ranked ahead of the pokes.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang, I didn't know anybody had the Bills ranked in the top 5 ! This opener
may be even tougher than I've expected.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

They sure are putting alot of trust in what is basically a rookie QB. But I guess with their D and McGahee, Losman doesnt have to do much. I really hope the line does better this year so the media will stop using that as an excuse.
Old 08-24-2005   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

how many of these pre-season power ratings turn out to be true? i wouldn't put much stock in buffalo being top 5. i mean look at the jags at 13 and cardinals at 15, when we're 22. does that seem right to you?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's another...

But yeah, they're pretty much useless. I think foxsports had Houston in the top 10 at one point last year.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #6
TexHorns
Veteran

If the rankings are based on last years record plus off season improvements only, then I think we should at least be higher than the jags, cards, saints, rams and broncos. If they throw in schedule and division then maybe that changes things because I have not looked at all the schedules, but I think we should be better than the jags for sure. We get no respect.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

that one sounds more accurate, but somehow i don't feel the patriots will be #1 when the season is over. i still don't buy any pre-season rankings however.

here's one from last season. http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2004/8/19/205835/212
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2005   #8
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386

Looks about right. If it's any consolation, we're ranked ahead of the pokes.
that article says we'll backslide slightly due to having the same O-line, and faster linebackers.

I have no clue as to why that guy thinks the identical O-line would play any worse... if anything they should stay the same or slightly improve.

For some reason he thinks our key to success would be slower linebackers? How does one get to be a sportswriter anyway?

Old 08-24-2005   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmm, in the Bills you have a team built around a turnover machine on defense (ranked No. 2 overall in 2004), excellent special teams (five kick/punt returns for TDs last year) and an offense led by a young, mobile QB (second-year J.P. Losman) surrounded by a stellar group of runners and receivers ... all set in a football-crazy city in the Northeast. Sounds a lot like last year's Steelers. If Losman is this year's Roethlisberger, watch out.
Is that the best they can come up with for Losman, is that he's mobile?? Nothing about his arm strength, accuracy, decision making, poise in the pocket, or reading the defense?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #10
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about the browns being last, cause they might have a decent team this year
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

These power rankings look almost the same every year.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #12
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet!

We're ahead of the 49ers. I was worried about that one.

jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #13
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

Hmmm..

Look at #5...

Pretty good if you ask me.

I think the Texans should be a bit higher though.
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #14
SA Fan
Rookie

This guy is a crackpot.
I don't necessarily disagree with his texans spot. There is alot to prove this season.

But at one point he moves one team down 4 spots citing the loss of offensive players and a questionable running game. Then moves one team up 7 spots, citing the loss of offensive players and a questionable running game.

Better Than Bucs
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think 14-15 is about right. Our O-line cant get any worse than it was last year and can only get better. The speed on D will cause more turnovers. Besides, Foremen and Sharper were liabilities in coverage anyways.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #16
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

I think the Texans should be right around #20.

LOL the Jags are ranked way, way, way too high. Last year was a flukey season and they will return to their 6-10 ways this year.

The Bills are a strong team but not strong enough to be ranked #5. There is no way in hell they should be ranked above Pittsburgh.

The Patriots are ranked #1, fine it must be out of respect (superbowl) because they lost a lot of players and key coaches. Fair enough. But I think that Pittsburgh should be given similar respect coming off a 15-1 season.

Raiders are too high at #18.

Packers should be higher than 24th.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #17
powerhouse

my predictions
1 chargers
2 patriots
3 steelers
4 eagles
5 panthers
6 colts
7 ravans
8 seahawks
9 packers
10 browns
11 falcans
12 texans
13 jets
14 broncos
15 chiefs
16 vikings
17 raiders
18 bills
19 cards
20 bengals
21 jags
22 cowboys
23 bears
24 rams
25 lions
26 giants
27 49ers
28 titans
29 saints
30 redskins
31 miami
32 bucs
If this stands true the Texans will battle cleveland for the last wild card spot.
Old 08-25-2005   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhouse
my predictions
1 chargers
2 patriots
3 steelers
4 eagles
5 panthers
6 colts
7 ravans
8 seahawks
9 packers
10 browns
11 falcans
12 texans
13 jets
14 broncos
15 chiefs
16 vikings
17 raiders
18 bills
19 cards
20 bengals
21 jags
22 cowboys
23 bears
24 rams
25 lions
26 giants
27 49ers
28 titans
29 saints
30 redskins
31 miami
32 bucs
If this stands true the Texans will battle cleveland for the last wild card spot.
i find it offensive that you that tampa will be the worst team in the league.....cadillac williams, michael clayton, and a beast like defense......20ish maybe, but i will bet my soul that they dont fare worse than miami or tennessee or san francisco...be realistic now

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #19
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

The Browns at #10?????

Above the Chiefs and Vikings????
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1 patriots
2 steelers
3 ravens
4 eagles
5 panthers
6 colts
7 falcons
8 chargers
9 jets
10 vikings
11 bills
12 broncos
13 texans
14 cowboys
15 rams
16 lions
17 bucs
18 seahawks
19 raiders
20 cards
21 jags
22 bengals
23 giants
24 redskins
25 packers
26 chiefs
27 saints
28 titans
29 browns
30 bears
31 miami
32 49ers
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read