Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-24-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default cowboys release jacob rogers

so kffl.com reports...anyone else besides me think we should pursue this kid...guy is entering is second season...granted he is supposed to have season ending surgery...but when he is healthy he is better than any of our back-ups at offensive tackle
Old 08-24-2005   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I'm surprised they didn't just stash him on IR and take the chance of him rehabbing. Could be worse than just season ending if they are dumping him like this.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #3
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

ya know...every time i see a refrence i get a smile on my face. turns out im not the only one who feels that way.
Old 08-24-2005   #4
DFAN
Veteran

You dont want him. His teammates have questioned his toughness to the point one local writer said some of his teammates called him a ###sy.

BP and JJ was not happy with him for having the surgery. Many players had played through the same injury.
Old 08-24-2005   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I don't think it was about a "the sky is falling" acquisition. It's a young guy at a position we don't really have young players at. But doesn't seem like he has the mental or physical toughness to play in the league. Still he was a 2nd round pick from a major program, seems pretty low risk to me.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm afraid I'd have to take a look at him at least. I'm sure the Texans are. They aren't exactly in a position to leave any stone unturned. Maybe they sign him and maybe they don't but I think he's at least worth considering.
Old 08-24-2005   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a rumor going around these parts that Jacob Rogers is going to retire. He has had 4 shoulder surgeries and the condition seems degenerative (sound familiar). That is not counting knee injury from this year and the reputation of not playing through pain.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2005   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
ya know...every time i see a refrence i get a smile on my face. turns out im not the only one who feels that way.

Just curious. What's a refrence?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #9
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

lol I'm loving this, there's already 2 threads up with Texan fans saying they need to pick up a Cowboy when he's available.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
lol I'm loving this, there's already 2 threads up with Texan fans saying they need to pick up a Cowboy when he's available.
Like Drew Henson and Aarron Glenn??? I am sure the Cowgirls would never do that.
Old 08-25-2005   #11
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Just curious. What's a refrence?

lookout the grammar police are here!

(i went well out of my way not to spell check this post just for you...)
Old 08-25-2005   #12
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Like Drew Henson and Aarron Glenn??? I am sure the Cowgirls would never do that.
Henson didn't take one snap with the Texans...

And no one I knew on any Cowboys message board suggested we should take Aaron Glenn. Although it was a great idea..

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
lookout the grammar police are here!

(i went well out of my way not to spell check this post just for you...)

I'm just wondering what he means. I don't get what he's saying. If I was worried about how people spell I'd just say so...I don't recollect ever saying anything to anybody about their spelling on this board or any other.

Last edited by WWJD; 08-25-2005 at 10:50 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Henson didn't take one snap with the Texans...

And no one I knew on any Cowboys message board suggested we should take Aaron Glenn. Although it was a great idea..

Cowboys didn't waste no time getting Glenn either...

Say that reminds me........... Rogers is available again..... I still think it would be nice, to get someone on the cheap to back up our current line, I mean it can't hurt....

2nd round pick, major program, good size....... a bit of a punk......

I mean if he wants to play...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read