Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2005   #81
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

You can always put me on ignore...

I like the Texans too. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I've never done anything to get myself banned from any board. I just like to discuss football when time allows and I like the Cowboys AND Texans. If that's bothersome just put me on ignore and your problem is solved with me. If I'm who you are speaking of that is and I guess I am since I'm a Cowboys fan.

Last edited by WWJD; 08-26-2005 at 10:09 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #82
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
Yeah, that Jerry is one classy guy, just ask Tom Landry.
ROFL, you got me there.

True those selected comments from the Cowboy-Forum were a little hommerish but it's not that different over here-

Quote:
My pediction is that we will win by a historical margin with only our third string in the game and the cowgirls will be so ashamed that they will pack up and move to southern Oklahoma where they will start their new lives as gerbil ranchers.
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Yea I know BC7, they're really kind of clueless - they don't seem to understand that they are just making a nuisance out of themselves over here. All I can figure is their buddies must have run them off of their own Board.

Nunusguy, you are the most stubborn person I have ever seen in my life. I try my best to maintain my composure after everytime you specifically call me out, but you give me crap in return. I'm fed up with your insecurity.
Just because the Tuna b*tch slapped you in the 60s, dont take it out on the Cowboy fans.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #83
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

As a fan of both teams, I'm looking forward to this game. My biggest concern about the Texans coming into this season was the offensive line. Ware was an absolute freak last week against Seattle, and I'm looking forward to seeing how well Riley will be able to cope with him.

Not to be mean, and granted it was a preseason game, but Ware showed me more in that one half than Babin and Peek put together have shown me in all the time they've been in Houston.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how well the Texans can defend the run. Dallas has a question mark at RT, but the rest of their line is solid, and Jones is a terrific back with tremendous speed.

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing how well the Texans can move the ball against the Dallas defense. I think we're going to have to rely on the offense to win most of the games this year, so I'm hoping Carr and Company will be up to the challenge, especially the O-Line. Having said that, however, I have been pleasantly surprised with how the first team O-Line has performed thus far in pre-season. I hope they can keep it up.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #84
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
Not to be mean, and granted it was a preseason game, but Ware showed me more in that one half than Babin and Peek put together have shown me in all the time they've been in Houston.
Ah, man thats not fair. Maybe you haven't watched as many texans games as the rest of us, but here's some stats from 2004.

Babin: 63 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries
Peek: 20 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception in limited play

Are you really being serious? I don't think you are.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #85
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

gotta love a rivalry
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #86
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
gotta love a rivalry
Yeah that.

Pre-season or not, this is what it's all about.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #87
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Yea I know BC7, they're really kind of clueless - they don't seem to understand that they are just making a nuisance out of themselves over here. All I can figure is their buddies must have run them off of their own Board.
Dont be so harsh man. Most of the Cowboys fans that post on this board are respectful and insightful. There are a few bad apples, but most are ok. The most annoying fans that come to this board are the Lions fans (excluding IHateGeeks). Last couple of days their title has been up for grabs with the Bills fans expecially (Evanssomething). Im looking forward to the game tomorrow and cant wait to see our 1st team off in for at least the full 1st half. Hopefully we can pull out the win for team morale and for bragging rights (mostly for us fans).

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 08-26-2005   #88
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Ah, man thats not fair. Maybe you haven't watched as many texans games as the rest of us, but here's some stats from 2004.

Babin: 63 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries
Peek: 20 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception in limited play

Are you really being serious? I don't think you are.

I do think he was being a little sarcastic. I have stated that Ware wont play like that every game but putiing up Babin and Peeks stats for a whole year and limited play and comparing it to Wars 2 preseason games doesn't work in your favor.

Ware: 1 sack, 2 force fumbles, 1 recovered fumble, 1 INT. Not sure on the tackles.

Not trying to flame this just pointing out that Ware stats compare favorably to both Peek and Babin just in 2 preseason games compared to a whole year.
Old 08-27-2005   #89
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRaider
WOOOOOO! It's the Texas Bowl 2005! Cowboys vs. Texans!

Where all the Texans fans set aside their differences and just plain hate the Cowboys for one game.

OK, maybe not everyone, but I know I am.
LOL I just plain hate THEM anyway...all year long!!!
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #90
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
I do think he was being a little sarcastic. I have stated that Ware wont play like that every game but putiing up Babin and Peeks stats for a whole year and limited play and comparing it to Wars 2 preseason games doesn't work in your favor.

Ware: 1 sack, 2 force fumbles, 1 recovered fumble, 1 INT. Not sure on the tackles.

Not trying to flame this just pointing out that Ware stats compare favorably to both Peek and Babin just in 2 preseason games compared to a whole year.
One game in one half of a preseason game really doesn't mean much IMO. Babin and Peek have put up real game stats, where as Ware has played in 2 presseason games and he put up the stats you mentioned in that game, not in two games. You can't really compare stats, it really is apples to oranges here. No way he puts up numbers like 16 sacks, 32 forced fumbles, 16 fumble recoveries, and 16 interceptions based on a preseason game. Sorry, that's just ludicrous.

"I have stated that Ware wont play like that every game but putiing up Babin and Peeks stats for a whole year and limited play and comparing it to Wars 2 preseason games doesn't work in your favor."

How do you reason that without just saying it? you can't even compare preseason stats to real game stats. this was the original comment.

"Not to be mean, and granted it was a preseason game, but Ware showed me more in that one half than Babin and Peek put together have shown me in all the time they've been in Houston."

I threw out the stats because these actually happened in real games, where it matters. Ware hasn't played in a real game yet, so saying his numbers are favorable to players who have played in a real game isn't a great argument.

Compare it to say a baseball player who goes up to bat one time, hits a grand slam in a preseason game in florida. Is it rational to compare his stats to a guy who has played all season? Might excite the hell out of you, especially if you don't have much to be excited about to begin with, but in the end his stats are meaningless.
Old 08-27-2005   #91
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
One game in one half of a preseason game really doesn't mean much IMO. Babin and Peek have put up real game stats, where as Ware has played in 2 presseason games and he put up the stats you mentioned in that game, not in two games. You can't really compare stats, it really is apples to oranges here. No way he puts up numbers like 16 sacks, 32 forced fumbles, 16 fumble recoveries, and 16 interceptions based on a preseason game. Sorry, that's just ludicrous.

"I have stated that Ware wont play like that every game but putiing up Babin and Peeks stats for a whole year and limited play and comparing it to Wars 2 preseason games doesn't work in your favor."

How do you reason that without just saying it? you can't even compare preseason stats to real game stats. this was the original comment.

"Not to be mean, and granted it was a preseason game, but Ware showed me more in that one half than Babin and Peek put together have shown me in all the time they've been in Houston."

I threw out the stats because these actually happened in real games, where it matters. Ware hasn't played in a real game yet, so saying his numbers are favorable to players who have played in a real game isn't a great argument.

Compare it to say a baseball player who goes up to bat one time, hits a grand slam in a preseason game in florida. Is it rational to compare his stats to a guy who has played all season? Might excite the hell out of you, especially if you don't have much to be excited about to begin with, but in the end his stats are meaningless.

I agree it doesnt matter becasue its preseason. I just think putting their #'s up wasnt very good argument considerig Wares one game was favorable to their whole year. Preseason or not. JMO!!!
Old 08-27-2005   #92
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
I agree it doesnt matter becasue its preseason. I just think putting their #'s up wasnt very good argument considerig Wares one game was favorable to their whole year. Preseason or not. JMO!!!
Ware's one game total was more favorable than any player in the history of the game. you can't just say preseason or not, the numbers i put up there weren't there to compare to ware's stats just to show that they've actually played in the real thing, thats all.
Old 08-27-2005   #93
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Ware's one game total was more favorable than any player in the history of the game. you can't just say preseason or not, the numbers i put up there weren't there to compare to ware's stats just to show that they've actually played in the real thing, thats all.
actually someone had the same stats as him in a preseason game around 10 years ago. at least thats what they said on sportscenter
Old 08-27-2005   #94
angeltexus
Rookie

Angry not another repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
I hope we will see the 1st team for at least the first half.
Remember last season, loses at home then Detroit thanks to our coaches not having our starting squad out in preseason getting ready for a full game. Way to go, another repeat..
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #95
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Other than a serious injury to a key player, nothing that happens tonight will indicate which team will have the better record this season."
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3327460
Thanks for putting it in the proper perspective McClain, because that is for
sure the bottom line for tonights game. But there are a couple side shows
that will be useful to the Texans, not the least of which is how our new found
LT will do against Demarcus Ware, the rookie wiz. If the offense is gonna be in
there for a half or so tonight, we may get a chance to see how Riley can match up against a very talented edge rusher. This is the part about Riley that makes me nervous because as inept as Wand appears to be at times,
I still think he is marginally better than Riley when it comes to pass protecting on the edge against a DE/OLB and protecting DCs back.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #96
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
Last couple of days their title has been up for grabs with the Bills fans expecially (Evanssomething).
good it be evansfan?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #97
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

any chance to beat Jerry Jones is a chance for happiness, be it preseason or not...
maybe if he loses often enough he'll sell the team and migrate to Tennessee (seems to be a good place for low class NFL owners these days)
Old 08-27-2005   #98
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeltexus
Remember last season, loses at home then Detroit thanks to our coaches not having our starting squad out in preseason getting ready for a full game. Way to go, another repeat..

I don't remember the players saying that they lost the first two games last year because of the coaches not having them ready.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #99
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
I don't remember the players saying that they lost the first two games last year because of the coaches not having them ready.
These things are implied by the actions and attitudes of the players. I can think of an previous Texan that did not think there was much vision for the future in the organization. I would assume Sharpers comments were directed at the overall plan to succeed, as well as, the individual gameplans each week. This is just an assumption.

I suspect that Carr is going to do fine this evening. The Texans are working on the quick throws to equalize the lack of pass protection. How many times has Carr been sacked this preseason? I am truly interested in seeing what Mathis and Morency do tonight.
Old 08-27-2005   #100
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
I suspect that Carr is going to do fine this evening. The Texans are working on the quick throws to equalize the lack of pass protection. How many times has Carr been sacked this preseason? I am truly interested in seeing what Mathis and Morency do tonight.
me too. carr is having a fantastic pre-season(while he's been in) and mathis and morency seem like 2 of the most dynamic rookies around.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read