Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2005   #61
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Well . . . that being the case . . . would it be too much to ask (and YES, I KNOW it's preseason, and YES, I KNOW there won't be any exotic blitz packages) . . . again, would it be too much to ask the defense to least show any sort of a hint, or give some kind of tiniest indication that they are able to rush the passer . . . against a 33 year old drop-back QB with a suspect O-line?

Naaaaaaa . . . I guess that would be too much to ask.

We should put up sign says RT this way to QB, as they dropped 2nd round choice from 2004 and also have 2 guys who make Seth Wand look like a Pro Bowl Tackle
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #62
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarilloTexan
Post your comments and predictions here about the Cowboys Texans Game coming up next week

In the words of Mr. T. " my prediction is PAIN", for Cowboys fans and their team. Texans once again show big D who is the class NFL team in Texas
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #63
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Hey!!! If you bet against the Texans in every game, they'll win the Super Bowl!!!

LOL!! No. I did last year and it didnt work.

I betted against them though. If you want I can bet for them and maybe it will work. You have to back the money though.LOL!
Old 08-26-2005   #64
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I think with their new players on def they might make the playoffs this year. But thats just cause they are in the NFC...

I think people are putting to much into the new players. There will be some major growing pains in learning the 3-4.
Old 08-26-2005   #65
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
I think people are putting to much into the new players. There will be some major growing pains in learning the 3-4.
I agree that they might start a little slow, but they have made some key additions. You also gotta remember that the 3-4 is Parcell's forte.
Old 08-26-2005   #66
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I agree that they might start a little slow, but they have made some key additions. You also gotta remember that the 3-4 is Parcell's forte.

Very true. I think by wk 6,7 or maybe 8 will be fine. I just hope we can pull out some wins until that point. If they can play .500 ball until the half way point, I think they will have a outside shot at making the playoffs. ONLY becasue they are in a weak NFC. No way they could do it in the AFC.

Dont know if you watch the Seattle game but they were killing them in the middle of the field and that is from the LB's learning coverage in 3-4. If it wasnt for Ware they might had scored on all their positions. Cant count on him having a game like that every game. Although it would be nice. LOL!!
Old 08-26-2005   #67
Buzz
Veteran

With the players they have on D, and the new QB, people are ranking them anywhere between 10 and 20, depending on how much they like the team I guess. As much as I hate to say it, I bet the defense gets the problems worked out later in the season and becomes one of the better units in the NFC. But I just don't see Bledsoe doing much for them. I think Parcells is putting way too much confidence in a guy who doesn't have much left in the tank.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2005   #68
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Zup guys. Should be a good game tommorrow. lol, it's gonna be telivised on 3 stations in Austin. On FOX, CBS, and the WB.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #69
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

My alltime favorite picture:

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #70
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

I liked how Jerry remained classy through all of that and wasn't a bad sport.

Old 08-26-2005   #71
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
I think Gary was just reminding Jones that most owners enjoy the game from their luxury box. The field is for the players & coaches.
Old 08-26-2005   #72
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I think Gary was just reminding Jones that most owners enjoy the game from their luxury box. The field is for the players & coaches.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #73
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Zup guys. Should be a good game tommorrow. lol, it's gonna be telivised on 3 stations in Austin. On FOX, CBS, and the WB.
Are you still over here with us Howbout - won't they let you back on that Cowboys Board yet ? What did you do to get them so annoyed with you ? By the way, you did know that Johnson plagiaristed that saying from the Georgia Bulldogs, right ? Since like the 70s, they've been saying "Howboutthemdogs".
Anyway, hope you know the main goal of tomorrows game is not to get anybody hurt - we want both the Texans & Cowboys to go into the Regular season unencumbered by any injuries suffered on the evening of Aug. 27.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #74
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

WOOOOOO! It's the Texas Bowl 2005! Cowboys vs. Texans!

Where all the Texans fans set aside their differences and just plain hate the Cowboys for one game.

OK, maybe not everyone, but I know I am.
Old 08-26-2005   #75
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
That reminded me of this picture from the Texans-Cowboys game:

I think what they said might have gone something like this-
Jerry: Hey Bob, if you need some advice on coaching, er, running the team, just give me a call.
Bob: No thanks (thinking to himself "Why would I take advice from a moron like you?").
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #76
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Are you still over here with us Howbout - won't they let you back on that Cowboys Board yet ? What did you do to get them so annoyed with you ? By the way, you did know that Johnson plagiaristed that saying from the Georgia Bulldogs, right ? Since like the 70s, they've been saying "Howboutthemdogs".
Anyway, hope you know the main goal of tomorrows game is not to get anybody hurt - we want both the Texans & Cowboys to go into the Regular season unencumbered by any injuries suffered on the evening of Aug. 27.
Why do you respond to me like this man? What did I ever do against you? All I did was say "It should be a good game" Do you take offense by this? I know the goal will be that no one gets hurt. That's what I hope for each game. But whatever, say what you want about me, your entitled to your opinion. Go back to adding on your 10 threads you've already posted about the Cowboys. I could careless.

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 08-26-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2005   #77
TigerBait
Veteran

Im looking forward to seeing Buchannon return punts. He's always bragging how he likes to get his hands on the ball and score touchdowns, here's his chance.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #78
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that Jerry is one classy guy, just ask Tom Landry.
Old 08-26-2005   #79
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach Landry, as far as I know, never said anything in print about Jerry Jones negatively although I'm sure he was unhappy with the way he was treated. I also think he realized it was a business and after years of letting players go he was bound to have some sense of the ugly side of football.

Irregardless it's done, he's passed on and he'll always be remembered as one of the classiest coaches ever. To me anyway.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #80
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC7
It's funny I don't see any Texan fans on that thread but alot of Dallas fans on this one.
Yea I know BC7, they're really kind of clueless - they don't seem to understand that they are just making a nuisance out of themselves over here. All I can figure is their buddies must have run them off of their own Board.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read