Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2005   #41
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
The big Tuna hang' his hat on preseason wins... Dom could
care less.. He's checking what. how and when to use his
players..

Where did you get that from. They did not game plan at all against the Cards. Bledsoe even came to the sidlines and told BP that they had Glenn deep. BP told him he knew that but that's not what he's trying to do. They game planned a little against Sea. and BP said it will be less against the Texans.

There is a lot of things he needs to check out which is why I believe the Texans starters will out play the Cowboys. Watch the Cowboys D in the 1st half and see the amount of players coming in and out. They'll probally rotate RT's as well.

I see a lot of people talking about Ware and the D. Remember its a new D they are learning. Ware had one good game. Our LB's were horrible in pass coverage besides the one INT from Ware. Seattle picked them apart. If it wasn't for Ware it would had been ugly. I dought Ware will avg 2 sacks and 1 INT a game. I hope he does but it wont happen.

BTW. All coaches want to win. It's just a matter of winning and seeing what you have. Sometimes the winning gets sacrisfised.

Last edited by DFAN; 08-25-2005 at 01:31 AM.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #42
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
"hey jerry, why don't you kiss my hall of fame ***."
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #43
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dont count on it. It's a new D and still a lot of growing pains to go threw.
DeMarcus Ware had 3 tackles, a sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and an interception himself last week against Seattle.
Old 08-25-2005   #44
Davis37
All Pro

http://www.siegler.net/cowboys/image...oys_pns102.jpg

They were finishing up their "secret deal" for next season. Emmit is going to come in and play QB for the Cowboys after Bledsoe gets booted.
Old 08-25-2005   #45
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 75558 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
"Bill I know I said you could coach, but when we play the Texans this weekend, I have some plays I'd like you to start out with ok"?

" And please protect me from that mean ole G Walker this year".
Old 08-25-2005   #46
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
DeMarcus Ware had 3 tackles, a sack, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and an interception himself last week against Seattle.

That sounds like a whole season from Babin and Peek
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #47
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
That sounds like a whole season from Babin and Peek

Dont get me wrong I'm excited but it is a preseason game. He did nothing against the Cards.
Old 08-25-2005   #48
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i cant wait to see what they look like playing more than one series, so far in the first 2 pre-season games we have drove all the way down, once stopped on 4th and goal and the next we scored. We have been moving the ball very well !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #49
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i cant wait to see what they look like playing more than one series, so far in the first 2 pre-season games we have drove all the way down, once stopped on 4th and goal and the next we scored. We have been moving the ball very well ! And its the Cow boys i'm sorry folks but as far is pre season goes it doesnt get much better than this !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90074 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Anyone know what Derrick Johnson has done the last 2 preseason games?

This oughta be good!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #51
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i cant wait to see what they look like playing more than one series, so far in the first 2 pre-season games we have drove all the way down, once stopped on 4th and goal and the next we scored. We have been moving the ball very well ! And its the Cow boys i'm sorry folks but as far is pre season goes it doesnt get much better than this !

I look for the Texans to move the ball very well against the Cowboys.
Old 08-25-2005   #52
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

DFAN, FYI the image on your sig will show if you correct the last image tag by moving the / in front of img instead of after.
Old 08-25-2005   #53
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm being stalked by cowboy fans on another board who want to bet on preseason games
Old 08-25-2005   #54
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
i'm being stalked by cowboy fans on another board who want to bet on preseason games
tell them to save their money, they can use it to bail out their favorite players
Old 08-25-2005   #55
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari

Bet on a preseason game? Never done that before.
Old 08-25-2005   #56
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
DFAN, FYI the image on your sig will show if you correct the last image tag by moving the / in front of img instead of after.

Thanks. I've actually been meaning to take that off anyways.
Old 08-26-2005   #57
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
Bet on a preseason game? Never done that before.
talk about a way to lose money. reg. season games are unpredictable enough
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #58
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
talk about a way to lose money. reg. season games are unpredictable enough

No kidding. I put $20 on every Cowboy game in 2002 with a buddy of mine. They went 5-11. The next year he wanted to do it again and I wouldn't do it. They went 10-6. Last year I did it again. They went 6-10. So this year I'm not going to do it and hopefully they'll have a good season. Although I did put $100 on them finishing above .500.
Old 08-26-2005   #59
Davis37
All Pro

I think with their new players on def they might make the playoffs this year. But thats just cause they are in the NFC...
Old 08-26-2005   #60
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
No kidding. I put $20 on every Cowboy game in 2002 with a buddy of mine. They went 5-11. The next year he wanted to do it again and I wouldn't do it. They went 10-6. Last year I did it again. They went 6-10. So this year I'm not going to do it and hopefully they'll have a good season. Although I did put $100 on them finishing above .500.
Hey!!! If you bet against the Texans in every game, they'll win the Super Bowl!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read