Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2005   #21
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

i don't care if it is only preseason, dallas losing is always a treat for me
Old 08-24-2005   #22
Davis37
All Pro

I'm confident that we will still have the bragging rights for the year after this game. I do have to admit that this is the toughest Cowboy team we've had to face. I sure hope that Carr has on his "magic shoes" come game time cause Ware is gonna be all over him. Ill be watching for a glimpse of our new blitz packages that Capers is installing. Hopefully we can get a decent pass rush when just our linemen when we go to nickel and dime def. Considering that Bledsoe is going to behind center and the Cowgirls have a shaky line in the first place. I wanna see if TJ can bring the pressure that we need when we drop into zone defenses. Well im ready for the game to start already...
Old 08-24-2005   #23
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a suggestion for you guys that are all steamed up about playing
the Cowboys Saturday - get yourself a secondary team to support in the
NFC East. I want you to continue to passionatly support the Texans and
keep them as your favorite team as I will. But if beating the Cowboys is that important to you, you can also support the Eagles, Redskins, or Giants and route for a team to beat the Cowboys because they'll be playing them twice every year, and both games count ! The Texans have some more individual player evaluation to complete but to the team, this game Saturday is only significant to the Texans if somebody important on the team gets hurt and nobody here wants that. But the real season and important games do start soon now - in September.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #24
Texans Fan
Rookie

According to Capers, this is the game that the starters will play the most and they will also game plan as well.

The last game against TB the starters will probably see very little time.

Texans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #25
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
Did the game with tampa Bay get cancelled?
no i dont think so. in the tampa game, the first team proly gets just two possessions, then its bench players bc its the last game b4 major cuts take place. in the dallas game, i really need to see a legitimate pass rush. i sure as heck do not want to see bledsoe bomb nearly 200 yards on our 1st team defense like collins did.
Old 08-24-2005   #26
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Fan
According to Capers, this is the game that the starters will play the most and they will also game plan as well.
The last game against TB the starters will probably see very little time.
Every year all teams (not just the Texans), play their starters more in the
next to the last preseason game than any of the others. And most every year I fail to see a positive correlation between team intensity, focus, and
execution between preseason games (any of them), and when the regular season kickoffs in September. You watch the difference between how the veterans, the mainstays of the team play this weekend and compare it to the opener in Buffalo - it'll be like night and day.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #27
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
i really need to see a legitimate pass rush.
has pettway played yet? i watched him in college and he was a pretty commanding player. he played lb and de in college so he should be a good pass rusher. i just want to see him get the chance.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2005   #28
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
You watch the difference between how the veterans, the mainstays of the team play this weekend and compare it to the opener in Buffalo - it'll be like night and day.
So, you're telling me that if the defense is unable to get any sort of pressure on Bledsoe on Saturday night, it won't be anything to worry about?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #29
LosmanEvansMcGahee
Rookie

I hope you guys SMASH the Cowgirls. Not to mention the Statue...
LosmanEvansMcGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #30
Master Po
Veteran

I, for one, am already tired of hearing about DeMarcus Freaking Ware. Some of you guys speak of him like he's already LT in his prime. Is he going to be a good, and possibly great, player in this league? Probably. Did he have an impressive preseason game against Seattle? Yes. But take a deep breath...geez. A sack/fumble and a pick (on a play where Hass locked on to that TE and threw a bad pass) in a preseason game does not make him a first ballot Hall of Famer. (Or maybe I just HATE the Cowboys. Sorry for the rant.)
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #31
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i cant wait to see mathis with the first team offence.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #32
lsmoreno56
Rookie

My prediction will be Texans 23 - Cowboys 10. No particular reason, just can't stand the Cowboys.
lsmoreno56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #33
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
if beating the Cowboys is that important to you, you can also support the Eagles, Redskins, or Giants and route for a team to beat the Cowboys because they'll be playing them twice every year, and both games count
That's one of the reasons I've been an Eagles fan for years- because I hate the Cowboys, and it bugged me to see them in the Super Bowl a while back.

Another thing- I've always disliked Bledsoe and Parcells, so it would be great to see our team make them both look bad.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #34
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Eagles when they had Joe Walsh.
Old 08-24-2005   #35
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
I liked the Eagles when they had Joe Walsh.
Wasn't Jackson Browne their QB before they drafted Don Henley?
Old 08-24-2005   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Wasn't Jackson Browne their QB before they drafted Don Henley?

You're thinking of Glenn Frey. Jackson Browne is the guy who took Steely Dan's job with the Cardinals when Steely got hurt.
Old 08-24-2005   #37
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

"Bill I know I said you could coach, but when we play the Texans this weekend, I have some plays I'd like you to start out with ok"?

Old 08-24-2005   #38
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

"It wasn't my idea to get rid of you, the devil made me do it...please come back, please, please, please!!! I'll double your salary, well, err, I mean I'll make sure you get paid under the table".
Old 08-25-2005   #39
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Julius Jones does not worry me, it's the cowgirls defense. They had one hell of a draft and have put together quite a defense. It should be a good test for our first team offense.

Dont count on it. It's a new D and still a lot of growing pains to go threw.
Old 08-25-2005   #40
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Here's a suggestion for you guys that are all steamed up about playing
the Cowboys Saturday - get yourself a secondary team to support in the
NFC East. I want you to continue to passionatly support the Texans and
keep them as your favorite team as I will. But if beating the Cowboys is that important to you, you can also support the Eagles, Redskins, or Giants and route for a team to beat the Cowboys because they'll be playing them twice every year, and both games count ! The Texans have some more individual player evaluation to complete but to the team, this game Saturday is only significant to the Texans if somebody important on the team gets hurt and nobody here wants that. But the real season and important games do start soon now - in September.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read