Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-22-2005   #1
AndreJ
All Pro

Default Demarcus Ware: The Real Thing

This guys got some talent, I'm watch the Cowboys vs. Seahwaks and hes got a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery and a diving interception all in the first quarter...
Old 08-22-2005   #2
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default DeMarcus Ware- WOW

In 1 quarter of action so far, Ware has interceted Hasselback, and sacked Hasselback to force a fumble and recover it.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMarcus Ware.....WOW!

Ok, as much as I (and alot of us) can't stand the Cowboys, Ware is looking great in this game against Seattle. He had a sack/force fumble/fumble recovery play, and he just intercepted Hasselbeck from the other OLB spot. This is againt the 1st teamers too, he's going against Walter Jones on almost every play.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #4
TigerBait
Veteran

Word. I was just about to post the same thing.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #5
TigerBait
Veteran

Ur only the 3rd person to make a thread on Ware :brickwall but you speak the truth..
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #6
AndreJ
All Pro

Yeah, guess we were all watching the same thing and amazed at his performance...could someone like combin the threads or something...I dont know how, in fact I think only moderators can.
Old 08-22-2005   #7
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

I like how Al Michaels said "He's got one sack. One forced fumble. One fumble recovery and an interception..other than that he's done nothing".

Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2005   #8
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

ROFL, he just forced another fumble!

Old 08-22-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't sit thru preseason games but it sounds like the Cowboys finally have a playmaker on defense. We were woefully inadequate in causing turnovers last season.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

The Ware Wolf is my new favorite player lol.

I'm looking forward to watching Lawrence (I mean DeMarcus) for the few years. What a beast!!!!

Old 08-22-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did he go to a relatively small college if he's such a good player? Grades?

Seems to me if he had such great skills he would be at UT, OU, USC..some big school.
Old 08-22-2005   #12
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I believe he had a shot at going to Auburn, but something didn't work out and he went to Troy State for that reason. He's definately looking very good out there. Spears should be a good one too.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Ok. Thanks. I guess the scouting of college players is so extensive these days that even if you're a small college player and have great skills you'll be drafted high if that's deserved.
Old 08-22-2005   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The scouts work year around, and they go to all sorts of places to watch players. Larry Allen came from a relatively small school, and the Cowboys did a great job in uncovering him. One of the things I like most about CC is his ability to find some gems in the later rounds. Brown looks like he'll be a good one, and Mathis too.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #15
Davis37
All Pro

Too bad we couldnt have got Ware to sure up our def...

The guy is a beast! He not only can rush the passers and play the run, but he looked outstanding in pass coverage. The Cowgirls got a great one here.
Old 08-23-2005   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Ware looks like he is going to be very special. I was impressed.
it was nice to actually see him play some quality reps against top tier competition. remember he was a DE in college at Troy so he is making the switch to OLB in the 3-4. I really thought that Dallas would choose Merriman & that Ware would slip past the Chargers to the Texans. overall alot of factors impacted the draft and how it all unfolded. Pac-man going to the Titans and Rodgers slipping so far, then the Vikings taking Troy Williamson over Mike Williams who Detroit took as well as DJ slippiing as well. very strange 1st day
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Ware was more of a pure weakside guy and Merriman is more of a strongside bodytype (I have seen him on the weakside in some footage though). Dallas really wanted a weakside defender to rush the passer, and I think Ware was more the prototype with his elite speed. I'm not sold on Merriman. I keep seeing Andray Bruce and Keith McCants when I look at him.
that makes sense. so does that make Babin our strongside OLB & Peek the weakside pure speed pass rusher?
Old 08-23-2005   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

then I'm glad Dallas drafted Ware & actually happy for Cowboy fans. if the Texans passed on DJ, because of Wong & Greenwood @ ILB, whats not to think the Texans would have passed on Ware with Babin & Peek at OLB? this is the hardest thing to understand in the NFL draft (how teams can pass on better talent) and make thier selections to fill specific positions
Old 08-23-2005   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Befor you go downing our whole offseason wait till the kid has played more than ONE preseason game.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I once compared Peek to Ware, how silly can that be but hey, we're all guilty of moments of wishful thinking. I've got to believe he'll get burnt a few times along the way because there has to be a pretty steep learning curve for a smaller college DE to learn to play OLB in the NFL. His recovery on intercepting the pass over the middle was breathtaking, this guy is a premier athelete and then some.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read