Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2005   #1
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

Default David Carr

I know it's pre-season but the Texans-Raiders game was aired in my area and I watched it just to see how the Texans are shapping up for the season and I gotta say Carr really impressed me tonight. It may just be because I havn't acctualy seen alot of Texan games but David although he had to run out of the pocket on some plays he looked real sharp to me, 6 of 8 for 43 yards and a TD may not be the most impressive of stats to some people but just watching how Carr handled his heel, running around like he did and how he rifled those passes man! he displayed a lot of guts out there tonight, he reminded me of Brett Favre tonight.
Old 08-21-2005   #2
Trapped
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJaguar4
I know it's pre-season but the Texans-Raiders game was aired in my area and I watched it just to see how the Texans are shapping up for the season and I gotta say Carr really impressed me tonight. It may just be because I havn't acctualy seen alot of Texan games but David although he had to run out of the pocket on some plays he looked real sharp to me, 6 of 8 for 43 yards and a TD may not be the most impressive of stats to some people but just watching how Carr handled his heel, running around like he did and how he rifled those passes man! he displayed a lot of guts out there tonight, he reminded me of Brett Favre tonight.
Wow, just wow. Ur always welcomed here man,for calling him a young Brett Favre and all. Ur the only Jags fan i can admit i like.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #3
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

well thanks for the warm welcome I highly respect the Texans and they have some really good players look forward to playing you guys this year, I think they really should make the Texans and Jaguars a primetime game I think it would be more intresting to watch than most of em' and as for the Favre-Carr comparison it's because he displayed alot of Favre charecteristics (I know I am way off on the spelling of that) he showed Courage, Toughness, a cannon arm, mobility etc etc he was fun to watch tonight.
Old 08-21-2005   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

How is Matt Jones looking in preseason so far?
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones made a helluva catch in tonight's game...he had 2 catches for 48 yards I think it was...
Old 08-21-2005   #6
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

ummm Matt Jones is having a decent preseason but our big camp surprise is Reggie Williams and Chad Owens, they have really have impressed me I'm also happy that Byron had a good game every preseason the Byron haters arise from their graves and bash Byron which I believe might also happen on this board with Carr, Byron went 14-21 for I think around 120-140 yards or so (not sure) but hopefully he'll keep those numbers up the Byron haters will shut up, but things are looking well in place for us, now it's onto the Falcons.
Old 08-21-2005   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn AFC south just keeps getting better and better.

Carr takes our team from a C, to a B+. He is the only reason we talk playoffs around here. Carr gives us that run/pass QB that is feared around the league. He looked good against the raiders tonight.

Byron seems to have to many options now. No matter who he throws to, he has a TD threat on the other end of his passes. Kinda freaks me out a bit that we have to play them, and the Colts two times a year...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2005   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news is that we have the best secondary in the division
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #9
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

I'm looking forward to the AFC South this year, it's a strong division I can't wait get the popcorn ready!!!!
Old 08-21-2005   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Carr did look pretty good. He was making good reads, threw the ball to the right side of the receiver, and actually had good pocket presence. Read that again please all you Carr haters. Good pocket presence.
Old 08-21-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Vinny has mentioned quite a bit about Carr needing to improve his pocket presence. Vinny, I was wondering your take on Carr so far.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I thought PB looked much better this week than last. In the Broncos game he was tentative and hung back. Last night I thought he was mcuh more physical and aggressive, so hopefully he's not a totally finesse type like his hero Primetime. Deon was such a great cover corner, but I've seen few NFL football players who were so totally unwilling to hit anybody.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #13
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

yeah it was fun to watch David play tonight I would be exeicted about Carr, if I was you guys
Old 08-21-2005   #14
Jwwillis
All Pro

Carr will go as far as his o-line can take him.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Palmer is taking advantage of Carr's mobility by getting him outside the pocket. They tried that early last season with good results. But an ankle nick slowed Carr, and the Texans got away from moving him away from the pocket (intentionally). I'm not sure how much the O-line will improve, but keeping Carr on the move will help them tremendously. Right now, Palmer is letting Carr be Carr.
Old 08-21-2005   #16
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

let that Carr drive!
Old 08-21-2005   #17
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

If Palmer does calls the kind of plays he did with Carr in the Raiders game throughout the season, I would expect some good numbers to come out of Carr this season
Old 08-21-2005   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

i feel that was true even last year !!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #19
MossSupaFreak
Rookie

yea we struggled catching david carr he was pretty fast moving out of the pocket....wow we need some faster lineman
MossSupaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossSupaFreak
yea we struggled catching david carr he was pretty fast moving out of the pocket....wow we need some faster lineman

carr has some speed, he was 3rd among all NFL QBs in rushing yards last season !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read