Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2005   #321
Dime
Hall of Fame

Huge kick to the 50... run back to the 22..
Old 08-20-2005   #322
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

nicepunt, good return, field goal time
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #323
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

3 seconds left...FG attempt
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #324
Dime
Hall of Fame

kick good.. 17 - 7...
Old 08-20-2005   #325
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

its up...its....good
Old 08-20-2005   #326
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

kick good, 17-7 raiders on top, half time
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #327
Dime
Hall of Fame

Halftime
Old 08-20-2005   #328
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

You've got to be kidding me....Why not sit on the ball!

No reason for them to have been able to get the three on me...

Of course I can not see the game so I could be missing something
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #329
Master Po
Veteran

disgusting
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #330
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

These first two games make it pretty clear what direction this team is going in. Inconsistent offense, poor pass protection, no pash rush, bad pass coverage. It's like freakin' Groundhog Day around here.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #331
Dime
Hall of Fame

BTW folks....

for more complete coverage

click here
Old 08-20-2005   #332
Texan Spain
Rookie

what are your opinions for first half??????
Texan Spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #333
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
You've got to be kidding me....Why not sit on the ball!

No reason for them to have been able to get the three on me...

Of course I can not see the game so I could be missing something

nope.. you got it right
Old 08-20-2005   #334
Dime
Hall of Fame

Carr did not have alot of time... Banks for the most part had very little time..

Defense was ok.. but had wide open recievers and the Run is KILLING them
Old 08-20-2005   #335
TexanJedi
Rookie

Exclamation Bored Already

OK, it's only the 2nd pre-season game, but I'm already tired of Dum Capers "run up the middle philosphy"... C'mon !! 55 seconds left in the half and they try Hollings twice up the middle.. If this is what I have to look forward to all year, I'll have to start watching the Cowboys.. Hope you're listening Coaching Staff.. We're tired of the 1950's style offense.

Just a note.. hear the boo birds... get used to it if you don't change this scheme.
TexanJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #336
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
BTW folks....

for more complete coverage

click here

Dime, I'll take your coverage to that any day
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #337
Dime
Hall of Fame

I will have to step out for a few minutes.. but will be back.. follow that link above if you need a play by play.
Old 08-20-2005   #338
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Spain
what are your opinions for first half??????
1st team offense looked good. I thought the run blocking was very good and I actually saw Carr step up into the pocket to complete the first down to AJ in the red zone.

The 1st team defense looked anxious, lots of overpursuit, etc... Buchanan made some sure tackles and supported the run rather well. However, he also played consistantly softed coverage- not sure why. The second team front 7 and our second team OLine was thoroughly dominated by the Raider first teamers.

Hollings is going to be released. He's afraid of contact and just doesn't run strong. I think the 3rd and short followed by the 4th and short in the second quarter will prove to be his last chance to prove he can run strong and tough.

Pitts looked great and so did Wade. Mathis will be playing a lot by midseason.

Peek and Babin were nonexistant rushing the passer.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #339
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Dime, I'll take your coverage to that any day
ahhh gosh... thanks.. I will be back quickly.
Old 08-20-2005   #340
swisher
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJedi
OK, it's only the 2nd pre-season game, but I'm already tired of Dum Capers "run up the middle philosphy"... C'mon !! 55 seconds left in the half and they try Hollings twice up the middle.. If this is what I have to look forward to all year, I'll have to start watching the Cowboys.. Hope you're listening Coaching Staff.. We're tired of the 1950's style offense.

Just a note.. hear the boo birds... get used to it if you don't change this scheme.

remember, last year we got KILLED by the steelers in our second preseason game. But whatever, dude. Have fun watching the Cowboys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read