Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2005   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Stop whining!

Some of the posts I see are so defeatist, whether it is about a 3, 4 or 5 year plan, new acquistions, players we passed on in the draft, shuffling of the line, etc. Whether you like it or not we have seen growth in the win column each year since we started. The team met my expectations in the win column each year and I expect 8 wins this year. If your expectations are 11 wins and they still improve to eight or nine wins, then it is you who needs to do a better job of being a prognosticator or at the very least change the channel and listen to someone else's thoughts.

As a season ticket holder since day one, I do expect a better product on top of the eight wins and we have the potential to yield more growth for the following years due to a young nucleus, not in cap room hell and next year's draft should be solely focused on the line.

Our managment team knows what they are doing based upon their collective experience - Lombardi Trophies, expansion success, etc. They define success and know how to measure it. Let's let the season begin and then we can all kick back watch some football when it counts. Then we can start sipping on our drink of choice whether it be kool-aid or haterade. Adios mofos!
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that's what I like to hear. I think what they are building goes beyond the "5 year plan". I've always believed since our inception that they are building us to win superbowls(yes, more than one) and to be an NFL powerhouse. It's been great seeing it happen and we will get there.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kaiser Toro Some of the posts I see are so defeatist, whether it is about a 3, 4 or 5 year plan, new acquistions, players we passed on in the draft, shuffling of the line, etc. Whether you like it or not we have seen growth in the win column each year since we started. The team met my expectations in the win column each year and I expect 8 wins this year. If your expectations are 11 wins and they still improve to eight or nine wins, then it is you who needs to do a better job of being a prognosticator or at the very least change the channel and listen to someone else's thoughts.

Couldnt agree more
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im still more interested in player improvement than win improvement. If our players improve though.. we should be able to do better than 7-9 this year.

Im looking for 10-6.. i think it is very possible.. but 8-8 would make me just as happy if we looked like we were on the verge of breaking out. (meaning..Carr got protection.. and showed that he is becoming a solid NFL QB..and our running game improved..and our pass rush improved)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Theres a much better chance our that our pass rush improves than our pass blocking. I highly doubt we win 10 games this year.
Old 08-20-2005   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Hulk 75 I think we win 11!
I hope your right
Old 08-20-2005   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a natural bi-product of being a fan.

When we aren't satisfied with what we see, we want to complain.

Some complain more than others. Some complain about legitimate isues, and some complain about trivial issues (ex: The Derrick Johnson rant, etc.).

In the end, there's really no use in griping at all. Why? Because we're NOT in the same boat as the Titans fan who will see his team swept away when Bud gets cold feet again. I smell a move to Los Angeles in the future.

The best thing a griper can do is remember this: We have awesome ownership and management who are dedicated to (A) Building a winning team (unlike Bud when he threw all the great Oiler players overboard) , (B) Building a team of players the commnity can RESPECT (unlike the Raiders), and (C) Creating a good marketing effort to make our team attractive to the rest of the country's NFL fans.

As long as we don't tank and go 3-13...I'm happy. I think 8-8 is reasonable and 9-7 is possible. I don;t think we have as strong of a team as the Texans marketing/public relations arm might project us having....but I think we have enough talent and leadership to maybe get us to the playoffs this year.

GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2005   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Right, people will have plenty of time to whine & bellyache if they so choose, but its a wasted effort during preseason because the final score of these
games is meaningless and no indication of the teams chances of having a
successful season or a failed season.
I'm disappointed we didn't end up with better personnel at LT & TE, other
people might have other issues. But we improved our personnel overall though
not in every area and it may or may not be enough improvement to elevate our record and make the playoffs. We're just gonna have to wait until 9/11
to get the real reading on where we are at, in the meantime enjoy getting
a look at the new players and just hope we don't have any significant injuries
to important players as we work our way thru the preseason schedule.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read