Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-19-2005   #1
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

Default NFL Drug Testing Policy

When does a player become "eligible" to be tested? Is it after they are drafted or after they sign a contract?
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #2
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
When does a player become "eligible" to be tested? Is it after they are drafted or after they sign a contract?
I dont know for sure. It would seem as soon as they were members of the NFL. I would suppose you are not an official member till you are hired i.e. a contract.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
I know when I took a drug test for work it was only after i signed a contract, not when I was offered a contract(drafted as it were). I would think the NFL would be similar. It would not make too much sense to test a person who has not signed with a team becuase theoretically they may not end up playing in the NFL. Just like you typically dont get a drug test for people you offer a job to, becuase they might not take the job.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #4
TexansCanes
All Pro

they do however drug test at the combine so i don't sure. maybe they do it there first but not again until you sign.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read