Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2005   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

...well, looks like I just thought I opened it back up. It's clean and open now though....but all the off-topic stuff is toast.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #22
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, it had me wondering. I had read the entire thread and didnít see anything. Thatís because you had already cleaned it up!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #23
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
wasnt trying to give him a hard time. or at least.. not much of one.

His comments just werent pro houston.

As I said at the end of my post.. his comments werent BAD..they just werent good either. he didnt say anything to make me think he was happy to be here in Houston.

like ya said.. maybe he was just whipped out from training camp. A couple weeks of busting your rump in this heat can make ya pretty unhappy that ya arent up north somewhere.

the whole thing just got blown way out of proportion.

Im not sold on the guy yet.. he still has some proving to do before I consider him a lock as one of our starting CBs. he got burned alot in Oakland because he was more interested in making the big interception than being fundamentally sound and covering his guy properly... thats something I hope we cure him of.
Buchanon has bought a home in Houston. Something he never did in Oakland. He is a smart guy and knows , especially with the Raiders in town, that what he says will be quoted in the Oakland news papers. Sayng Houston is better than Oakland would only give the Raiders ammo.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

very true jwwillis.

*never stopped sharper. maybe Buchanan is just more intelligent.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #25
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been very impressed with Buchanan's attitude thus far. From everything I read when he was comming from Oakland, I thought he was going to be a loud mouth punk.

In EVERY interview I've heard, he's been respectful, and humble. I even heard an interview with him and Rod Woodson, Rod was trying to get him to say something like "I'm the best, I make it happen," but Buchanan did a great job, said that he wants to work hard and become a great cb, but that he had a long way to go, and that only hard work was going to get him there.

If the attitude story turned out to be not true, maybe the "he can't play very well" story will turn out to be not true.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #26
The Preacher
Veteran

A lot of guys come into the league and need a few years to mature. That doesn't mean they will but normally time has a way of humbling people. I am sure PB is aware of his abilities and potential. He has the opportunity to become a great CB. He was in a rough situation last year where he played on a D that had no pass rush and was on the field consistently because of a lack in the running game. I can't wait to watch him improve as a Texan and think he will succeed at a high level if he does his homework.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #27
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

I agree Preacher, he is a talented CB and good addition, he is still young and having ex-teamate Andre will help with the maturity thing
Old 08-20-2005   #28
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

True, I think him being around a Miami teammate will make him more comfortable.. you know how those Miami people are -_-
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #29
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

PB has so much influience that he makes us sound like savages, not something good to have rub off on you !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read