Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2005   #21
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I agree with that. You can barely criticize him unless he starts saying worse things than that.

Exactly. The preseason is too early to make a case against the guy. Until the season starts, the games mean almost nothing unless you're a backup. So don't be judging the starters too harshly.
Hey did you know that Buchanon played with the Raiders and that you could have watched him on TV??? This whole TV thing is crazy, you can actually watch players player the game. Ingenious! Oh wait, Buchanon entered the "space port" in Houston and wala! he's a new p layer!
Old 08-20-2005   #22
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Since I have not personally met with Buchanon I will not say he is a "me first" type of player. I just want to see a couple of interceptions returned for TD's this season. Hopefully they are against the Colts.
Old 08-20-2005   #23
Jwwillis
All Pro

Pre-season is important for Buchanon this year. He has to learn a new defense and get to where he reacts without having to think about his assigment. I agree with his statment about kick and punt returns. No need for him to fight for that position. I've never liked the idea of a starting position player returning kicks. I will hold off making a judgment on the Buchanon trade till after the season. I have a feeling he is going to start off the season with some mistakes. How he handles the criticism will make or break him. Buchanon doesn't give the company line, he tells it like it is; A lot like Charles Barkley.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #24
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

What cracks me up are those who think they can grade DBs by watching games on TV or replays of those games, catching a few glimpses of coverage only when the ball is thrown the direction of a defender in question. People will see one blown coverage and knee jerk all over the place while they are oblivious to the other ten coverages that were perfect. Unless you have access to coaches tape or you're sitting in the stands focusing on a certain player (DBs especially, LBs also to some degree), it's pretty tough if not downright impossible for joe fan to make some of the player evaluations I see on this forum from time to time.

Rise above it dalemurphy, there's a lot of comic relief on this board when you get right down to it.

For some real insight: Justice on Buchanon

Last edited by aj.; 08-20-2005 at 08:11 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #25
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
What cracks me up are those who think they can grade DBs by watching games on TV or replays of those games, catching a few glimpses of coverage only when the ball is thrown the direction of a defender in question. People will see one blown coverage and knee jerk all over the place while they are oblivious to the other ten coverages that were perfect. Unless you have access to coaches tape or you're sitting in the stands focusing on a certain player (DBs especially, LBs also to some degree), it's pretty tough if not downright impossible for joe fan to make some of the player evaluations I see on this forum from time to time.

Rise above it dalemurphy, there's a lot of comic relief on this board when you get right down to it.

RACK IT
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #26
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

You are correct sir!! If you don't see your CB on TV they must be doing a good job, cause they aren't throwing at him.

PS: Nice article also.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Hey did you know that Buchanon played with the Raiders and that you could have watched him on TV??? This whole TV thing is crazy, you can actually watch players player the game. Ingenious! Oh wait, Buchanon entered the "space port" in Houston and wala! he's a new p layer!

if I picked what Buchanon can do.. Only time I really watched him,was that year the Titans played them and He tore them up.
of course that was a few years back
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2005   #28
SESupergenius

For all of those that attacked me in this thread. All together now:

"This Sky is Falling"
Old 09-20-2005   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow.

Noooooooooooooooooobody is returning to own up for their comments.

Nicely stated, SES.

That just goes to show that people blah-blah-blah and worry more about being politically correct to fit in with the rest of the gang instead of analyzing his past play and calling it the way it ought to be called.

Anyway, I'm glad you came back to the topic to show how much of a 180-degree change the outlook on Buchanon has undergone recently.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Wow.

Noooooooooooooooooobody is returning to own up for their comments.

Nicely stated, SES.

That just goes to show that people blah-blah-blah and worry more about being politically correct to fit in with the rest of the gang instead of analyzing his past play and calling it the way it ought to be called.

Anyway, I'm glad you came back to the topic to show how much of a 180-degree change the outlook on Buchanon has undergone recently.
huh? I think I stated that I would rather base my opinion on his play than on spec. Some of you guys are unreal. Call me a homer all you want but you don't know what you are talking about. When he plays poorly in reality we can dog him based on reality. Anything other than that is spec. Good for ses on this but most people were down on pbuc. Some other people just wait to form hard opinions.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Vin,

you put THE SKY IS FALLING and had it linked to a clip of (Shatner?) as if SES was out of his mind.

it was funny, don't get me wrong.

but I thought your attempt with that post was to pile onto SES.

Nothing personal, just the way I see it.

For the record, because i don;t think I ever made comments on it at the time...I didn't form a hard opinion on Buchanon during camp. But his play against Oakland and Denver made my mind up really quick. He did the same thing against an Oakland WR that he did against a RB of the Broncos: Both ball carriers came around the end of the line and Buchanon dove to the inside of the WR and the RB on both plays, almost a mirror image. If you have it on tape, watch it to see what I mean. He really wanted to lay a hit on both players, but it was as if he had vision problems and had no depth perception on both plays. That's when I was like, "Oh great.........."

Dude is not gonna' be a vital part of the defensive backfield for any team...ever.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell SES "good job" and I probably overdid it a bit. Sorry.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #32
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Pburnt is the next deon. Without all of the coverage skills ofcourse
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #33
SESupergenius

There are several things this offseason that the Texans did wrong, this is just one of them. It's not like nobody hasn't seen PBurnt play, he had a few years in Oakland for everyone to size up his play. The thing that stuck out the most to me was that Oakland switched to a 3-4 and Buchanon got burnt even more. Then we bring him in to be our #1 CB???

Last edited by SESupergenius; 09-20-2005 at 11:14 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read