Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite drafted rookie?
Travis Johnson 37 37.00%
Vernand Morency 16 16.00%
Jerome Mathis 30 30.00%
Drew Hodgdon 3 3.00%
C.C. Brown 11 11.00%
Kenneth Pettway 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2005   #1
GetItHowULive
Rookie

Default The Texan Rookies: Who's Your Favorite?

Feel free to post comments on the pros/cons of our new picks.

Last edited by GetItHowULive; 08-18-2005 at 04:06 PM.
GetItHowULive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I love TJ's fire. If it can translate into on-field production, I'll be very happy. D-line has been weak for us since the 2nd season.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Travis Johnson
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #4
GetItHowULive
Rookie

Yeah the-D has been an issue for a while and hopefully this year our added investment (TJ) can get the job done, they always complain about him being very disruptive, but i like his fire!! Power Up TJ!!
Old 08-18-2005   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i picked mathis but pettway was close
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. T gets the vote.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

TJ all the way!

I want to see Rookie of the Year honors, myself.
Old 08-18-2005   #8
tiger06
Veteran

Mr. T, followed by Mathis. I love TJ's demeanor on the field. INTENSE!
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #9
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Morency.. no reason just think hes gonna do good
Farough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with the drew hog... if he could somehow supplant Steve at Center that would open up some options at OL I can dream can't I?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

4 way tie for me. Travis Johnson, Vernand Morency, Jerome Mathis, and Drew Hodgon. I liked what I saw from Johnson last weekend. He adds youth and aggresiveness to the D line. Makes our D line rotation that much better. I never saw Morency play in college but after the draft I read that a lot of people think that DD and Morency are almost identical but Morency seems much quicker to me, he just has to learn to stop all of the east to west dancing which should come in time. I have never seen Mathis play a down but just the speed he brings has me a little excited. Drew adds some depth to the O line which can't hurt. The FO had another good draft this year IMO and I cannot wait until week one...
Old 08-18-2005   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Morency is a good looking prospect, i think eventually he will be a starter for some other team not us though, cause i am sticking with D.D all the way !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I think my favorite is TJ, as he is "Mr. Personality", but like Wolf, I so would like to see Drew Hodgdon come in and take that Center position away from McKinney. That would be great!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
I think my favorite is TJ, as he is "Mr. Personality", but like Wolf, I so would like to see Drew Hodgdon come in and take that Center position away from McKinney. That would be great!

yeah i think McKinney needs to go anyways, he's not exactly a pro bowl center himself !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i picked mathis because he can change a game in a heartbaet. that kind of speed.wow.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Mathis, with TJ a close second. Just feel Mathis is really going to open up the offense and I think he was a steal for where we drafted him.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
When Drew Hodgdon gets in watch how well this guy drives and pass blocks. He has great feet and great strength. Now we just have to get the CENTER to not jump off sides. YOUR THE CENTER!
Hey Hulk I'm on board with this guy to. Sure most everyone is talking about TJ and speed merchant Mathis and I'm glad we've got them, but I'm excited
about Drew to 'cause we need help, alot of help at his position, and getting him in the 5th round - could be our best value pick of the Draft. Lokks like your a West Coast guy and Drew is from the Bay Area (according to his bio), got any inside info on this guy ? What do you know about him from Arizona State ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #18
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough
Morency.. no reason just think hes gonna do good
I hae the same feeling about Morency...I feel hes going to be big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #19
deception
waterboy

Thumbs up Travis Johnson

It would be a great disappointment for the Travis Johnson to not exceed the expectations of the organization as well and the "die hard" TEXAN FANS.... We've lacked defensive pressure since day one..as the we were close to last in sacks in the two previous years!! If Travis and Robaire don't kick it in gear along with the rest of the defensive line, I think our Line Backers will have not only have to CREATE PRESSURE, but also COVER... deplinishing our depth!! Let's GO TRAVIS, WE'RE COUNTING ON YA BIG GUY!!!!!

GET EM TEXANS!!
deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #20
NoBullTexan
Veteran

If anybody was watching C.C. Brown was all around the ball in the Denver game. I look for this young man to turn a lot of heads before the season is over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read